Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life wizards learning Pixie spell instead of Fairy

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 25, 2016
I'm not sure whether this is a bug or an intentional change, but I noticed my new life wizard learned the spell, Pixie instead of Fairy when talking to Headmaster Ambrose after meeting your Ravenwood professor. Before the new FTUE, all wizards would learn either Pixie or Fairy after completing the quest, Freedom! depending on what school they were in. Life wizards would always learn Fairy while wizards of all other schools would learn Pixie.

For those who don't know, Pixie and Fairy are very similar spells, but there are a few minor differences between them. Their accuracy, pip cost, and visuals are all the same, but while Pixie heals 400 health and can only be used on the one who cast it, Fairy heals 420 health and can be used on the one who cast it or one of their teammates.

Does anyone know whether this was an intentional change or a bug? Thanks!

Survivor
Jul 30, 2014
I'm having the exact same problem on my wizard. I even went back to make sure I hadn't overlooked something, clearing out any lingering quests that might have been changed or connected to it... no luck. Still no fairy as life.

Explorer
Sep 25, 2016
I heard on a Wizard101 community site that it was a bug and that a QA tester was made aware of it a couple days ago. It'll probably be fixed soon if that is the case.