Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Spells Would You Ban for PVP?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 01, 2014
If you had a chance to ban one spell from any pvp format. What would the spell be and why?

Survivor
Nov 05, 2018
jashelper on Jul 28, 2019 wrote:
If you had a chance to ban one spell from any pvp format. What would the spell be and why?
Hi I would have to say burning rampage and mana burn are the 2 spells i would like to see banned because burning rampage is to overpowering and mana burn can takes 3 power pips away from the other players and do a lot of damage.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2017
Mikudoll on Aug 5, 2019 wrote:
Hi I would have to say burning rampage and mana burn are the 2 spells i would like to see banned because burning rampage is to overpowering and mana burn can takes 3 power pips away from the other players and do a lot of damage.
Yes nerf or get rid of mana burn

Survivor
Feb 27, 2017
I wanna see spamming plagues banned and beguile fixed to where you get a beguile shield like they have for dispels. Befuile lasting 2 round is enough time for player to rebuild pips and spam again.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Spells such as Guardian Spirit needs a cap or a limit of 1.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Star Edward on Aug 7, 2019 wrote:
Spells such as Guardian Spirit needs a cap or a limit of 1.

Id have to disagree with that. This spell can be hard countered by using doom and gloom just before you hit, making the person who use Guardian not only come back with lower health but also act as a micro stun on them. This would make them skip a turn with zero pips which is enough time for you to actually defeat them. Any spell that has a good counter should not be considered a nerf. Am not even sure why people think shielding is a counter to anything its basically a standard protection.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
I don't think the solution to fixing anything is done by straight up banning i do believe many spells at max pvp need adjustment due to everyone capability of doing mass damage with little to no amount of effort. My list for adjustment still stands :

1) Efreet-change from -90% weakness to +25% trap(no more safe stall move on a damaging school)

2) Lore master-change from -390-470 dmg and double negative to 400 with -20% weakness( remove oppressiveness while keeping some sort of damage over luminous weaver 370 base)

3) Abominable weaver-change from 950-1150 with -75% tower shield to 750 flat base damage with +40% blade before cast( this would remove ice pressure at max level from being able to dish out mass damage and getting a shield for it. Ice are not storm and are meant to have the lowest damage in the game period).

4) Burning rampage- change from 70+700 over 2 rounds to 50 with 700 over 3 rounds( damage over time is a fire's main attribute. Giving its current state its too over powered, have little to no counters from second, out damages a Catalan with a blade because of its bypassing shield mechanic.)

5)Insane bolt- Not sure why many would wanna keep a troll spell around but only because they only use it in practice. Felt sorry for the poor losers who used this in rank and d-ranked themselves from commander to private.
Change from 1000 moon damage to 250 storm damage then 250 moon damage.(zero backlashes. This would bring back storm tier in the effective of being a strong school while giving them the ability to deal with shield spammers and lack of damage overtime. Storm should be the only school in the game to be classified as OP for its high risk low reward type pure RNG base mechanics).

Survivor
Jun 23, 2017
angellifeheart on Aug 8, 2019 wrote:
Id have to disagree with that. This spell can be hard countered by using doom and gloom just before you hit, making the person who use Guardian not only come back with lower health but also act as a micro stun on them. This would make them skip a turn with zero pips which is enough time for you to actually defeat them. Any spell that has a good counter should not be considered a nerf. Am not even sure why people think shielding is a counter to anything its basically a standard protection.
If you go second they can just change it back and you don't really carry that many dooms in max pvp

Survivor
Jun 23, 2017
I don't think the solution to fixing anything is done by straight up banning i do believe many spells at max pvp need adjustment due to everyone capability of doing mass damage with little to no amount of effort. My list for adjustment still stands :

1) Efreet-change from -90% weakness to +25% trap(no more safe stall move on a damaging school)

2) Lore master-change from -390-470 dmg and double negative to 400 with -20% weakness( remove oppressiveness while keeping some sort of damage over luminous weaver 370 base)

3) Abominable weaver-change from 950-1150 with -75% tower shield to 750 flat base damage with +40% blade before cast( this would remove ice pressure at max level from being able to dish out mass damage and getting a shield for it. Ice are not storm and are meant to have the lowest damage in the game period).

4) Burning rampage- change from 70+700 over 2 rounds to 50 with 700 over 3 rounds( damage over time is a fire's main attribute. Giving its current state its too over powered, have little to no counters from second, out damages a Catalan with a blade because of its bypassing shield mechanic.)

5)Insane bolt- Not sure why many would wanna keep a troll spell around but only because they only use it in practice. Felt sorry for the poor losers who used this in rank and d-ranked themselves from commander to private.
Change from 1000 moon damage to 250 storm damage then 250 moon damage.(zero backlashes. This would bring back storm tier in the effective of being a strong school while giving them the ability to deal with shield spammers and lack of damage overtime. Storm should be the only school in the game to be classified as OP for its high risk low reward type pure RNG base mechanics).
that does not really fit insane bolt since it not really insane

Survivor
Nov 05, 2018

Like the other person like you said that to i also disagree with fire losing there -90 from there's spell and loremaster losing there mantle it not because it my favorite spell.

I just disagree with you since you bragged you have 7 Warlrods.

And I can't let anymore Warlords win anymore Warlords should get nothing more what they want.

Loremaste is fine Efreet is fine. The only spell worth to take is mana burn from balance and only be use in pve because that spell is more broken.

1 burning rampage spell
2. loremaster spell
3. headless horsemen spell
4. Abominable Weaver spell.
5. Efreet spell

Jennifer

P:S:
Yes my favorite school is balance.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Morez174 on Aug 11, 2019 wrote:
that does not really fit insane bolt since it not really insane
There is a thin line between insanity and stupidity when it comes to the storm school. You wanna know what would be insane? If that insane bolt with 50% chance actually chooses the victim and one shots them. Now what would happen if lets say 7/10 times it one shots your opponent in rank pvp would they be happy about it? i don't think so but then a storm would say well that's insane right? sounds fair but its also fair going the other way around where your not able to one shot someone but your able to kill yourself? right....

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Morez174 on Aug 9, 2019 wrote:
If you go second they can just change it back and you don't really carry that many dooms in max pvp
Just like any bubble control dilemma from second,since going second is always at a major disadvantage against someone who know's exactly what their doing.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Mikudoll on Aug 12, 2019 wrote:
Like the other person like you said that to i also disagree with fire losing there -90 from there's spell and loremaster losing there mantle it not because it my favorite spell.

I just disagree with you since you bragged you have 7 Warlrods.

And I can't let anymore Warlords win anymore Warlords should get nothing more what they want.

Loremaste is fine Efreet is fine. The only spell worth to take is mana burn from balance and only be use in pve because that spell is more broken.

1 burning rampage spell
2. loremaster spell
3. headless horsemen spell
4. Abominable Weaver spell.
5. Efreet spell

Jennifer

P:S:
Yes my favorite school is balance.
Stating the fact that i have 7 warlords in all schools doesn't necessarily means am bragging, it simply means despite the unhealthy meta that's been presented to us since 2015 I've overcome those trials. I can guarantee having 7 is just considered the norm some may have as much as 14. Either way their is no way you can tell me efreet is fine, but bad juju gets a big nerf for having the same effect except only this time one has the potential to deal 1000+ damage in shrike. You should look up on awesome the sauce explanation on his idea of spell nerfs, he makes a fine case.

Explorer
Oct 29, 2010
non need banned , they need to fix it so no one can see the cards that are being played unless your in a team and only they can see your cards not people who watch you play