Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

making new wizards

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 26, 2013
I would really like it if you would upgrade some of the hairstyles that we can have when we make our wizards. I know you did a little of them, but I would really like you to add the ponytail hairstyle to be one of them please. My very first wizard I ever made still has the very same hairstyle as when I made her. It was the ugly blue short haircut. I would really love to make a new wizard with that ponytail.
I also really wanted to ask you about letting us dye the hairstyles that are dropped from bosses. I have like four different ones, and would like to change the hair color but they are not allowed to be colored.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2013
Hi,
I can't help completely with the addressed issues, but I might be able to provide a bit of assistance. The starting options are limited, but once you are in the game you can change your hairstyle. If you go to the Shopping District (Wizard City) there is a shop with a mirror icon. The shopkeeper is named Magic Mirror and she is the Makeover Shopkeeper. She sells hairstyles, hair colors, faces, eye colors, skin tones, and face paint. All of these are sold for crowns, but don't worry, crowns can be earned and will be explained further below. As for the pricing of these items, hair (15 options) goes for 250 Crowns to 350 Crowns, the ponytail you want is 300. If you do the trivia games (one of the ways to earn crowns) It would take 3 days to get this only due to limitations on how much you can do. In your actual time, it might take a half an hour to an hour to get this over the 3 days. As for the coloring (22 options), it is 100 Crowns for any hair color offered besides the rainbow option which is 125 Crowns. I know you didn't ask about these, but there are extra colors for the rest of the things too that are not available when creating your wizard. Faces are 100 Crowns each and there are 14 options including ones with glasses. There are 13 eye colors, both natural and unnatural, and these are also 100 Crowns each. There are 11 skin tones that also go for 100 Crowns each, and face paint options that are 100 Crowns as well. In these categories, any options with stars on the bottom right corner are options that are new. Some of the ones unavailable to new wizards do not have these stars but that is because in the past they might have been an option. For instance, my original wizard that has not had a makeover, has the ponytail you want added in the original options. As for the boss dropped hairs, these are not able to be died because they are classed as a uncolorable hat. Hairs from the crown store, in my experience, behave the same way.

Earning crowns:
In game if you enable the setting you can watch adds for 10 crowns each. However, these offers may be limited depending on the account (I don't know why). I have never ran out of offers but I know that some people do have issues getting offers. Another option is the Kingsisle Trivia. This lets you play 10 trivia games for 10 Crowns each per day (100 Crowns per day). There are two ways to get to this. You can look it up online, or you can go to the Wizard101 website then to Playing Options and Earn Crowns from there. It will show you three ways to earn crowns. The first way is the in game video offers I already mentioned, next is the link to the trivia, and finally, it says you can invite friends and tells you how to do that and the conditions you need to meet for this.

hope this was helpful and let me know if there is anything else I can help with,

Amber SparkleFriend - Grandmaster Thaumaturge (56 )
Taryn - Novice Conjurer (3 )