Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire Deckathalon Event

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 30, 2012
Well, as this new Fire Deckathalon Event nears its end, I would like to submit some thoughts on this one and previous ones.

Obviously, staff at KI have come with a new creative and challenging event but it is not for everyone. The reason I say this is that in order to get the ultimate reward, "the Pet", you still need to devote an awful lot of time and not get frustrated as you go along. Let me explain.

I was fortunate to make it past Stage 4 and was able to craft Fire Deck 4 which is very useful. Had it not been for some suggestions from players on how to build your deck, I would have quit. With only 1 day left, I still need close to 200 points to get the Pet.

Observations:

Extend the length of these events and don't be so quick to bring the next one.

Be realistic in what is thrown at you. For example, in stage 4, Level 2, having 6 Heck hounds hit you in a row is a bit too much. In my years, I have never seen NPCs hit us with heck hounds that much if any and specially low levels. I can now imagine Balance with lots of Loremaster and weakness ect.

After beating Stage 4, you can craft Fire Hands of Steel. Here are the requirements: Elemental Hands of Fire, 10 Augmentation runes, 10 improvement runes, 10 Strenghtening Runes(never got one in all these runs and past 2 events). 12 Ultimate Runes, 110 Fire Runes and the list goes on with more requirements. This is crazy. Hands of Fate have been of no use since the Balance Blade does not help anyway.

To craft Arctizilla, you need Ice Bats. I had one but would not let me craft.

Why is Giant TC in crafting when you can't use it with a TC anyway.

Why have you raised the requirement to get the Pet reward from 525 to 725 points? Don't you like it when your players are happy? They still need to train it and since it can't be added to the Kiosk, it does not matter. So why make a change?

I have competed in the Ice, Death and now Fire and it may be the last one for me as rewards are not worth the efforts.

I truly appreciate the efforts you are doing in making this game interesting, but fix the things that need to be fixed first before things are out of hand and remember that we are your best customers that will keep you going.

A CEO once told me: " If things work, fix them". This meant never think that if something is working, it does not need to be fixed. You can always make it better by thinking ahead. Food for thought.

Regards

Dapperdodan

Survivor
Dec 13, 2012
additional ideas:
I feel like you covered a ton of the basis that deckathalon players were furious against but I wanted to add a few more ideas
1. Make points ACTUALLY matter past the final reward. I feel myself getting so exhausted of playing it on a wizard that has the final reward.
Fix: Make little multi-redeem able milestones that can be redeemed for example every 100 points
2.renghening and superior runes
Either 100% a absolute pain to get, or SUPER p2w you can get them from packs but is isn't a guaranteed drop
Fix: here a few fixes
Potential fix A: Transmutes
I know we already have transmutes but lets make some transmute to upgrade smaller runes into big ones like regular reagents
Potential fix B: Drop rate
please. up the drop rate on both of these. on all of them combined I think I only got 1-2 strengthening runes. its crazy how low the rate is. this goes also hand in hand with the first fix
Potential fix C: remove then from potential tower drops
this seems drastic but here me out, lets make a milestone (maybe around 1k?) that drops all the needed superior and strengthening runes for the current deckathalon.
that's all I gotta add, keep on truckin you deckathletes
-Colin crowflame, lvl130 pyromancer