Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Drop Rates

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
I know drop rates have been discussed many times and every time we've always came to the conclusion that drop rates are random. I believe that drop rate are random, however, they are also decreased for your school. For example, if I am a storm and I buy a pack, I am less likely to get storm gear from said pack, but if I was a life, I would have a greater chance of getting that storm gear and a lower chance of getting life gear. The reason I say this is because I bought some Professors Hoard packs on my level 125 myth character and on the first two packs I got a balance hat, and balance boots. Then later I opened more packs and got 2 storm armor, 3 life hats, the may cast wands for ice, life, and death, 2 storm hats, 2 life armor, 2 life boots in the same pack, and 2 more balance hats, and another balance boots. the only characters that I have at a decent level are my 125 myth and 78 balance, I wasn't planning on leveling my balance because khrysalis is a world that I do not want to experience again, entirely too long. Since I was getting all these good balance drops on my myth, I went to my balance and decided to try out the professors hoard packs. On the first pack I opened with my balance character, guess what I got. Correct, I got the Myth drake gear that i was trying to desperately to get for my myth character. That is one reason I believe drop rates for your school are reduced. Also, I don't think they're reduced for packs, i'm talking about all drops in the entire game. Another example, I was farming with my sister pierce jewels by fighting "Fortee Thief" in the thieves den. Prior to farming it with my sister, I farmed with my friends a while back and got at least 3 pierce gems for every class except for Myth, and my Death friend who was farming before me did at least 30 battles before I got there and couldn't find not a single death pierce jewel, but my first battle I got the death pierce jewel he spent an hour trying to get. So back to the farming with my sister. While I was farming with my sister, the very first battle we did, she got a Myth pierce jewel and the next couple of battles, I got 2 fire pierce jewels and a storm pierce jewel (my sister is storm by the way) and my sister got 3 myth pierce jewels. I know everyone keeps saying its random and you just need good luck but I think there's more to it than that.