Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

[Guide] Wizard101 Fishing Luck Remastered - FinalB

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
What's life without a little luck?

In this guide we explore the various options currently found in the game that can grant you temporary / permanent fishing luck boosts for your wizards.
https://finalbastion.com/wizard101-guides/w101-fishing-guides/wizard101-fishing-luck-remastered/

Take a look and prepare yourself for the upcoming magical fishing tournament hosted by Kingsisle!

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I like fishing! Nice guide for Fishing hobbyists.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
This is a great guide, however, there is something missing from it. A while ago on a KI Live, they stated that you get extra luck if you use a fishing lure of a level larger than the fish requires. So, if you are using a Rank 2 lure on a Rank 1 fish, you get extra luck. What I DONT remember is how much luck you get. I THOUGHT it was 1% per level lure above fish level.

Community Leader
dayerider on Jun 12, 2019 wrote:
This is a great guide, however, there is something missing from it. A while ago on a KI Live, they stated that you get extra luck if you use a fishing lure of a level larger than the fish requires. So, if you are using a Rank 2 lure on a Rank 1 fish, you get extra luck. What I DONT remember is how much luck you get. I THOUGHT it was 1% per level lure above fish level.
Thanks for all the wonderful comments <3

As for the lures, I believe it was 5% extra for every rank difference from the fish being caught. For example: Mainstream Dekoi (Rank 1) being fished out with a rank 3 lure would give you 10% extra luck (if I remember correctly).

The guide focuses on the extra fishing luck you could get from sources that are mainly gear. I'll see about squeezing this in somewhere. Thanks!

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Good info.

Can you include a breakdown to show Luck total from each group.
Elixir - 50%
Gear - 35%
Jewels - 20%
Pet - Wait!
50 + 35 + 20 = 105 before factoring pets into the equation.

I have corgis with 9% fishing luck.
Please have a look at screenshots of them here:
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?500959-How-much-LUCK-can-a-corgi-get-Is-a-flawless-utility-pool-possible

Post 19 has the final result info. It is good to note the pet does not have to be a corgi. Why? Because most should want a separate corgi just for ultimate energy with maycast pixie and gold miner.

To get the most luck on the fishing pet, you'll need all the slots available for the 2 Luck talents with the rest being Selfish talents that increase Intellect and Will. The jewel added also needs to be Selfish. The link above provides all the pet jewels that increase it to 9%.

The total luck percentage should read as 105 + 9 = 114%