Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need Help with Shadow Trickster

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 08, 2013
I've been looking for tips on the forum for tips agaisnt the shadow trickster, but I can't seem to find any other than for Wizards.
I'm a level 122 Wizard, with the Jewelcrafter bundle armor equipt and a Firestorm Quetzal pet that may cast Healing Current but rarely does so.
I know from the wiki that Shadow Trickster is resistant to all schools(35% according to the wiki)
His critical shadow glowbug squalls always end up killing me
Honestly the boss is making me a little frustrated whatever help I get is appreciated.
thank you

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
lynx526 on Jun 5, 2019 wrote:
I've been looking for tips on the forum for tips agaisnt the shadow trickster, but I can't seem to find any other than for Wizards.
I'm a level 122 Wizard, with the Jewelcrafter bundle armor equipt and a Firestorm Quetzal pet that may cast Healing Current but rarely does so.
I know from the wiki that Shadow Trickster is resistant to all schools(35% according to the wiki)
His critical shadow glowbug squalls always end up killing me
Honestly the boss is making me a little frustrated whatever help I get is appreciated.
thank you
Sometimes it helps to try a completely different strategy.

Maybe use a minion and then keep some TowerShield TC on hand? You can also use the Star School spells Fortify and Brace as TCs. I'm not entirely familiar with the Jewlecrafter bundle stuff, but I would go with gear that gives you the bests stats for your school. So high Fire Damage.

Sorry I know that's not much help, but I bet you'll get it with enough persistence!

Good luck!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I use Monstrology monsters with him. it not only givres you another good attacker, BUT also absorbs some of the hits he does. In the case of the Shadow bug, there's really nothing you can do. Perhaps focus more on resist when fighting this thing and wear it down? it IS a doable fight, but able to be done doesn't mean easy. Sometimes it just (bad) luck of the draw.