Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Wizard frustrations

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 18, 2011
I'm getting really frustrated with how Balance is so much weaker compared to the other schools when it comes to general enemy fighting. We don't get a spell or a blade that allows us to quickly gather a few power pips and then one-shot all the annoying creatures that randomly pull you into battles for daring to try to walk past them. Being a Balance Wizard stops being an enjoyable experience very early on as it is so much harder to actually progress in a game where 90% of the quests are "kill 5 of these things that you should be able to kill easily unless you're a balance wizard then you're stuffed lol"

Is there any hope that Balance wizards will be reworked to have a means to fight your general enemies at the same level as literally every other school?

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Drake17h on May 26, 2019 wrote:
I'm getting really frustrated with how Balance is so much weaker compared to the other schools when it comes to general enemy fighting. We don't get a spell or a blade that allows us to quickly gather a few power pips and then one-shot all the annoying creatures that randomly pull you into battles for daring to try to walk past them. Being a Balance Wizard stops being an enjoyable experience very early on as it is so much harder to actually progress in a game where 90% of the quests are "kill 5 of these things that you should be able to kill easily unless you're a balance wizard then you're stuffed lol"

Is there any hope that Balance wizards will be reworked to have a means to fight your general enemies at the same level as literally every other school?
I’m going ahead and commenting on this thread. For some reason you have created two.

Balance is a more difficult class than any of the others. I would definitely recommend that Balance not be your starting school. I do not see a rework for a school of magic just because it’s difficult. The game is designed for all schools to have struggles, and all schools tend to have advantages and disadvantages. Perhaps your just not ready to handle Balance yet.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
is probably the most difficult school to play, use and master within the game.

You just listed issues that are really not issues at all. The school has access to vital tools/spells that can allow it to easily end battles quickly; granted, when facing balance opponents, one will have to utilize more clever strategies.

The real issues of the school arises when you're faced with a situation as I described above.

Hence, many have suggested the school be given:

A Balance Convert to assist with combating balance mobs
Balance traps, blades and shields that will boost and defend against balance damage only and not universal damage.

The school also has many technical spells such as Supernova and Mana Burn which are very handy if utilized properly.

Try getting accustomed to these new tools the school is provided with in efforts to better master