Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Camera movement bug in newest update

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 11, 2010
Hey,

So in this newest update a bug that I reported in Test Realm wasn't fixed and is now in the live game. When holding either the Left-click and/or Right-click on the mouse there is a good chance the camera starts going crazy when moving your mouse Up and Down. It forces the camera to move to left of the screen. It's unbearable to use now so I can only use the WASD keys to look around now.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

Thanks!

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
Unfortunately, I have this exact same problem. It's infuriating honestly. Especially since I like to just hold forward and control my movement exclusively with the mouse. :/ Hope this gets fixed super quickly because it's *really* not great.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
Regarding Wizard101; have others noticed there were updates to the in game character camera and movement control? Being much more sensitive or jarring than before?

Have adjusted mouse dpi within the OS, and tried multiple computers - no joy.

V/R

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
Just to add my feedback, so to speak.

I'm having the same issue - making the game uncomfortable to play, due to the jarring character camera control. Have tried on different PCs as well.

Love the game! Hope we can get a fix.

V/R

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
My wizards are veering to the left when moving. It is very frustrating.

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
omg i thought i was the only one who had this issue as well i knew it wasnt me lol i started noticing this when i was treating my plants and trying to hit the gnome head on with a garden spell itd just act all shakey

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
t's been several days now since this bug has been reported and no response from KI. Do they read bug reports here or just provide this for us to vent? One would think that a simple reassurance that they are aware of the problem, are working to fix it, and an estimate on how long it would take would be in order. This problem is affecting everyone I've spoken to. I find it so frustrating that I only log in and do my daily quest and then leave. Maybe I'm posting in the wrong place, if so, would someone please let me know?

Administrator
MarkDreamWeaver on May 3, 2019 wrote:
t's been several days now since this bug has been reported and no response from KI. Do they read bug reports here or just provide this for us to vent? One would think that a simple reassurance that they are aware of the problem, are working to fix it, and an estimate on how long it would take would be in order. This problem is affecting everyone I've spoken to. I find it so frustrating that I only log in and do my daily quest and then leave. Maybe I'm posting in the wrong place, if so, would someone please let me know?
Yes, we're aware, thank you for reporting!

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
Sparck on May 3, 2019 wrote:
Yes, we're aware, thank you for reporting!
I very much appreciate the response.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2017
I haven't had this exact problem, but I've had a different one with the camera. Selfie mode often keeps showing behind me.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
Firecat Fan on May 4, 2019 wrote:
I haven't had this exact problem, but I've had a different one with the camera. Selfie mode often keeps showing behind me.
Sometime the selfie problem happens with me too, but try this. If you have a wheel on your mouse, or equivalent, scroll backwards. Keep scrolling past the point where you think it's stopped for a couple seconds. If that doesn't work, you're too close to something. Disengage the camera and try taking a step forward or backward away from whatever you're a bit too close too. I hope that helps. It usually does the trick for me.

As for the wizards turning left and camera angle getting too close and up under my mounts, I'm still waiting for the fix. At this point, I have three accounts, I log in, get one wizards to my daily assignment quest location, play them through, and that's the end of my evening on Wizard101. It's too frustrating right now to try to do anything else. I'm wondering if uninstalling the program and reinstalling it might help. But that's always time consuming. Any suggestions or timeframe for when this issue might be fixed?

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
MarkDreamWeaver on May 9, 2019 wrote:
Sometime the selfie problem happens with me too, but try this. If you have a wheel on your mouse, or equivalent, scroll backwards. Keep scrolling past the point where you think it's stopped for a couple seconds. If that doesn't work, you're too close to something. Disengage the camera and try taking a step forward or backward away from whatever you're a bit too close too. I hope that helps. It usually does the trick for me.

As for the wizards turning left and camera angle getting too close and up under my mounts, I'm still waiting for the fix. At this point, I have three accounts, I log in, get one wizards to my daily assignment quest location, play them through, and that's the end of my evening on Wizard101. It's too frustrating right now to try to do anything else. I'm wondering if uninstalling the program and reinstalling it might help. But that's always time consuming. Any suggestions or timeframe for when this issue might be fixed?
I have attempted uninstalling & reinstalling, the first night this problem showed itself. It does not fix it and is nothing more than a waste of time, unfortunately. :/

After the maintenance yesterday and the day before I was really hoping this issue would be resolved.. Unfortunately it is not.. Yet. Here's hoping.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
TheWizOwl on May 9, 2019 wrote:
I have attempted uninstalling & reinstalling, the first night this problem showed itself. It does not fix it and is nothing more than a waste of time, unfortunately. :/

After the maintenance yesterday and the day before I was really hoping this issue would be resolved.. Unfortunately it is not.. Yet. Here's hoping.
I appreciate your sharing your attempt. It saves me a lot of time too. I'm wondering where to go to see the status of repairs, a timeline for when things will be fixed. I check here everyday after logging in to find things are the same. But there's no information. Any suggestions?

Survivor
Apr 02, 2019
MarkDreamWeaver on May 9, 2019 wrote:

Connected with this, my viewpoint just started moving back and down as the character moves. Viewing a moving character from heel level makes steering impossible, and looking up the character's rear is just gross. Please put it back to looking over shoulder!

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
Day 20 with the same problem. In way of an update, I found one area, Digmoore Station, where the problem does not seem to happen.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
Seems there has been a correction with the camera as of 5/20 (when I noticed). It seems to be back to the norm. Thank you!

Administrator
GoofyDad47 on May 20, 2019 wrote:
Seems there has been a correction with the camera as of 5/20 (when I noticed). It seems to be back to the norm. Thank you!
Thanks for confirming!