Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

7th charactor slot idea

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 06, 2013
i love that you made a 7th charactor on the test realm only thing is its alot of crowns maybe if its possable to make a slot on the main game or if it can be made to were its not so much hope to see more about it one day and i know alot has asked for this or were you can unlock it on the main game

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
sistersky605 on Apr 12, 2019 wrote:
i love that you made a 7th charactor on the test realm only thing is its alot of crowns maybe if its possable to make a slot on the main game or if it can be made to were its not so much hope to see more about it one day and i know alot has asked for this or were you can unlock it on the main game
Test realms are there to bring the goody stuff to the live servers. I'm just curious as to why this took so long,and how is this going to compensate players who have spent membership on 2 accounts over the pass 10 yrs, due the inability to have a 7 character slot on one account.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Similarly to what occasionally occurs with the Level 50 Elixir, the game may choose to implement bonuses or discounts on the 7th character slot elixir.

I must say that I don't see the discounts occurring anytime soon until substantial time has elapsed post introduction and implementation within the live realm.

But, compared to the level 50 elixir, you must admit, the price is a huge bargain!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
angellifeheart on Apr 14, 2019 wrote:
Test realms are there to bring the goody stuff to the live servers. I'm just curious as to why this took so long,and how is this going to compensate players who have spent membership on 2 accounts over the pass 10 yrs, due the inability to have a 7 character slot on one account.
Ahah! I've been hearing so much about this 7th character slot, so this character slot isn't free? How much is it?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
angellifeheart on Apr 14, 2019 wrote:
Compensate for what? Where are the losses?

KI have even apparently changed their wizard transfer system to allow for both accounts to simply 'have membership' rather than both needing a year membership.

Anyone with a second account literally for the one missing school would be able to purchase the 7th character slot and transfer the wizard over. The costs associated with the second account were the price to have it before the 7th slot was enabled/available.

I don't see any losses associated with the option of a 7th character being added.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Star Edward on Apr 15, 2019 wrote:
Similarly to what occasionally occurs with the Level 50 Elixir, the game may choose to implement bonuses or discounts on the 7th character slot elixir.

I must say that I don't see the discounts occurring anytime soon until substantial time has elapsed post introduction and implementation within the live realm.

But, compared to the level 50 elixir, you must admit, the price is a huge bargain!

Well you cant really compare the level 50 elixir to the potion because if you still have a max account and u want a level 50 character you still gotta spend the crowns. What you should really compare it to is the fact if you had 2 accounts before one year on each you now actually saved ur self 60 bucs a year so id say totally worth for only 18k crowns. Its just a bit depressing lol but am glad its finally out.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Victoria FireHeart on Apr 15, 2019 wrote:

KI have even apparently changed their wizard transfer system to allow for both accounts to simply 'have membership' rather than both needing a year membership.

Anyone with a second account literally for the one missing school would be able to purchase the 7th character slot and transfer the wizard over. The costs associated with the second account were the price to have it before the 7th slot was enabled/available.

I don't see any losses associated with the option of a 7th character being added.
The loss is the is probably a total of $300 bucs i spent on membership over the past five years when this could have been done since day 1. In other words for all those whom spent membership on 2 account due to the fact they were unable to purchase a 7 character slot has gotten a loss.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
anecorbie on Apr 15, 2019 wrote:
Ahah! I've been hearing so much about this 7th character slot, so this character slot isn't free? How much is it?
th last time I checked, The 7th wizard is an additional Character slot Elixir from the crown shop costing 18,000 crowns. I thought it would be more. I'm glad it's not.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
angellifeheart on Apr 17, 2019 wrote:
The loss is the is probably a total of $300 bucs i spent on membership over the past five years when this could have been done since day 1. In other words for all those whom spent membership on 2 account due to the fact they were unable to purchase a 7 character slot has gotten a loss.
That is not how losses are calculated!

Nothing has been taken away by ADDING the ability to do something!

Holy moly...if that's how thing worked nothing new would ever be invented or added because people would be able to sue for it not being done sooner...which is utterly ludicrous!

Should I sue microwave manufacturers for all the cooking I did in a gas oven before microwaves were invented? How about suing mobile phone designers for all the calls I would have liked to make before I had to find a landline? Internet providers...watch out for my lawsuit for the hours spent in a library before internet existed!

I'd be laughed out of court...RIGHTFULLY laughed out of court. There are no losses!

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
Victoria FireHeart on Apr 15, 2019 wrote:

"KI have even apparently changed their wizard transfer system to allow for both accounts to simply 'have membership' rather than both needing a year membership."

is this true because someone in this wiz101 facebook group asked if he needed a year member or just member for both to transfer one and a mass majority of the comments says it has to be 1 year how long ago was that said that its only membership for both?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
iouman2013 on Apr 22, 2019 wrote:
"KI have even apparently changed their wizard transfer system to allow for both accounts to simply 'have membership' rather than both needing a year membership."

is this true because someone in this wiz101 facebook group asked if he needed a year member or just member for both to transfer one and a mass majority of the comments says it has to be 1 year how long ago was that said that its only membership for both?

I said 'apparently' because I am not sure. It was said by another wizard in a very recent post saying the conditions had changed from stating 1 year membership to just saying membership was required on both accounts. I'll try to find the post I was referring to.

I should have made it more clear that I was not stating it as a confirmed change - I only mentioned it because if they have changed that it is even easier to move a wizard.

Whether moving a wizard has changed or not, no-one has suffered losses due to the addition of the additional character elixir.

PS. Moving a wizard has previously always required both to have one year membership, they do not have to run from and to the same dates though and merely have to overlap for a transfer to be possible.

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
Victoria FireHeart on Apr 22, 2019 wrote:
I said 'apparently' because I am not sure. It was said by another wizard in a very recent post saying the conditions had changed from stating 1 year membership to just saying membership was required on both accounts. I'll try to find the post I was referring to.

I should have made it more clear that I was not stating it as a confirmed change - I only mentioned it because if they have changed that it is even easier to move a wizard.

Whether moving a wizard has changed or not, no-one has suffered losses due to the addition of the additional character elixir.

PS. Moving a wizard has previously always required both to have one year membership, they do not have to run from and to the same dates though and merely have to overlap for a transfer to be possible.
Lol its fine and ty, on of the pages admins in said group confirmed it to be true she move one of hers recently and it does require both only membership for both and to be family linked For it to work now

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
This original message has been removed.
Lets be positive about this. What makes you think KI is trying to side track us. We're not there to know how they do their business. Maybe they were trying to give us a 7 wizard at their appropreite time allowed at no cost to us. But according to someone within on KI twitter more than a year ago mentioned there are coding issues to work through and maybe there was for what reason we don't know. perhaps the elixier is the only way for now. The fact is the 7th wizard was never requested until the 7th shcool come in (balance) when Mooshu was launched or somewhere around that time. As time went by when more and more people requested the 7th slot, KI made their move. I trust KI's judgement.

Administrator
We've removed several posts that talk about conspiracies around the 7th character slot. Let's not make up stuff, that's now how you find out the truth about something. Just ask us if you have a question or concern.

Please keep this thread free of aggressive guesses about why we could not create the 7th character slot until now and keep on topic with the OP's original statement.

Thanks everyone

Survivor
Feb 19, 2012
When will the purchase of this 7th character be available? I want to start a new wiz now, but I'd hate to delete one of my existing wizards.
Please let me know! Thanks!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Sparck on Apr 26, 2019 wrote:
We've removed several posts that talk about conspiracies around the 7th character slot. Let's not make up stuff, that's now how you find out the truth about something. Just ask us if you have a question or concern.

Please keep this thread free of aggressive guesses about why we could not create the 7th character slot until now and keep on topic with the OP's original statement.

Thanks everyone
Didn't know you had to ability to actually remove posts.

Very good.

And to your point, it is conspiracy theories like the ones you described why whenever KI does something good or at least tries to, there will always be players trying to disregard the success or the actual event.

Just so you understand KI, and the entire KI Team,

We are grateful and entirely appreciative of the update; especially the 7th character slot!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Sparck on Apr 26, 2019 wrote:

Thanks everyone
Okay then, why is it not free for those that have had a membership for years, or actually own the entire game via zone purchases?

I think everyone loves this idea, however they are very miffed about the cost.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Cool beans. Not saying its a bad idea it fact its a good thing to be able to have all 7 on one account etc. I still feel duo accounts is lit for farming stuff speed questing etc.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Victoria FireHeart on Apr 18, 2019 wrote:
That is not how losses are calculated!

Nothing has been taken away by ADDING the ability to do something!

Holy moly...if that's how thing worked nothing new would ever be invented or added because people would be able to sue for it not being done sooner...which is utterly ludicrous!

Should I sue microwave manufacturers for all the cooking I did in a gas oven before microwaves were invented? How about suing mobile phone designers for all the calls I would have liked to make before I had to find a landline? Internet providers...watch out for my lawsuit for the hours spent in a library before internet existed!

I'd be laughed out of court...RIGHTFULLY laughed out of court. There are no losses!
LOL. I remember those days even washing dishes by hand, no personal computers, etc... etc... . It's like living in the dark ages.