Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

All Empyrea2 Fights Too Over-Powered

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
Every fight in the second half of Empyrea are severely over-powered. Each enemy (bosses and non-bosses) has what seems like a normalized 120% out with 95% critical rating and a 75% critical block rating. Even with the best gear, we still take a minimum of 1000 points of damage on average from each hit no matter what the enemy is. Helena alone has the ability to kill you in round one even before you begin to start to put up a fight. Not sure if KI just forgot that this is a kids game or if they are trying to prove something else. To put this to shame, the drop rates for sparkling jewels are so rare that the effort to win these fights are dramatically unrewarded and lack any fun to want to attempt to continue this story.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I was able to solo everything on my Myth except the last 2 fights, so not really sure where this is coming from. As for the kids, if they make it to level 125 I would be they play better than most adults.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I disagree. Empyrea Part 2 is the end of the third arc, it was intentionally designed to be challenging. I persomally love a good challenge, they're fun for me.

What is your current gear? If you don't have ideal gear, that is why you may be struggling. We might be able to help you get in gear (pun intended) if that is your problem.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
SpellWeaver11 on Apr 10, 2019 wrote:
Every fight in the second half of Empyrea are severely over-powered. Each enemy (bosses and non-bosses) has what seems like a normalized 120% out with 95% critical rating and a 75% critical block rating. Even with the best gear, we still take a minimum of 1000 points of damage on average from each hit no matter what the enemy is. Helena alone has the ability to kill you in round one even before you begin to start to put up a fight. Not sure if KI just forgot that this is a kids game or if they are trying to prove something else. To put this to shame, the drop rates for sparkling jewels are so rare that the effort to win these fights are dramatically unrewarded and lack any fun to want to attempt to continue this story.
I think thats the challenge we needed as max level because it was getting real boring just on shot everything in our path. With good teammates nothing is impossible.

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
I am not sure how you play games and what you call a challenge. Getting hit by an enemy with an over-whelming attack that knocks out a player in one round when they were at max health is not challenging. Attempting to defend against that so-called attack is where the challenge is supposed to be. It's a card game that is becoming a game where all the bosses are using specialized jokers to defeat the players without giving the players access to those awesome jokers. THAT IS NOT A CHALLENGE!!! That is weak programming style and is becoming lame.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
SpellWeaver11 on Apr 11, 2019 wrote:
I am not sure how you play games and what you call a challenge. Getting hit by an enemy with an over-whelming attack that knocks out a player in one round when they were at max health is not challenging. Attempting to defend against that so-called attack is where the challenge is supposed to be. It's a card game that is becoming a game where all the bosses are using specialized jokers to defeat the players without giving the players access to those awesome jokers. THAT IS NOT A CHALLENGE!!! That is weak programming style and is becoming lame.
Now I'm convinced the problem is in your gear. Let us help!