Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Aquila music Monty Python Similarity

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 25, 2018
There's a part of the music that reminds me of the opening credit scenes of monty python and the holy grail
This part, the xylophone-y part:
https://youtu.be/C7Zr6H3Ts70?t=7

Anyone else?

Survivor
Feb 17, 2019
Oh yeah, it actually kinda does. But I doubt there are many wizards who are fans of Monty Python.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Mayjik Mayun on Apr 12, 2019 wrote:
Oh yeah, it actually kinda does. But I doubt there are many wizards who are fans of Monty Python.
If my language skills were not abysmal I'd have responded to this with a list of questions including 'What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?'...in Spanish...because you know, nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Victoria FireHeart on Apr 16, 2019 wrote:
If my language skills were not abysmal I'd have responded to this with a list of questions including 'What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?'...in Spanish...because you know, nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
KI developers LOVE Monty Python, they use references to this comedic gang in both games. There's a whole string of Holy Grail references in Avalon!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I wasn't sure whether to mention this in case it sounded patronising or pointing out the obvious...but Roger The Shrubber! Some of his lines are almost identical to the script. It made me laugh, I love the tributes, paradies and fun references in W101

One of the reasons I enjoy listening to the dialogue each run through is because I never fail to catch a few more that I'd previously missed or literally didn't know the connection until more recently...and I can enjoy again the ones I did catch previous runs.

Survivor
Dec 25, 2018
Victoria FireHeart on Apr 17, 2019 wrote:
I wasn't sure whether to mention this in case it sounded patronising or pointing out the obvious...but Roger The Shrubber! Some of his lines are almost identical to the script. It made me laugh, I love the tributes, paradies and fun references in W101

One of the reasons I enjoy listening to the dialogue each run through is because I never fail to catch a few more that I'd previously missed or literally didn't know the connection until more recently...and I can enjoy again the ones I did catch previous runs.
Ahaha, not at all, I haven't gotten to avalon yet, but I am SO looking forward to it! My little heart sings

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
fosstanager on May 9, 2019 wrote:
Ahaha, not at all, I haven't gotten to avalon yet, but I am SO looking forward to it! My little heart sings
Oh wow, just the idea of seeing Avalon for the first time again makes me excited for you! I really love that world!

Maybe you'd do this one anyway (it's a training point quest) but one of my all time favourite quests is in Avalon - collecting the tapestry pieces!

It starts with the side quest 'Down In The Bayeux' (like the Bayeux tapestry irl) and you have to pick up the pieces of tapestry as you continue questing...but when you put them all together it gives a beautiful story for each piece (make sure you have music and sound on!). I'm not sure there is a way to ever listen to that again once the wizard has completed it. I'd love it as an interactive housing item and every time I get a wizard to that point I make the most of it...definitely no skipping, but sometimes clicking 'back' to hear a bit again and again lol

Here's the Avalon quest tree. It might be helpful when you are journeying there You can see 'Down In The Bayeux' right at the end of High Road part 1.

I hope you enjoy Avalon (and the tapestry quest) as much as I do!