Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Whats the point of minions?!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
As a level 36 ice wizard people who I have quested with demand me to use my ice colossal minion. I did try using it once and that one time it wasted my feint and got one shot b=y meteor and I couldn't control the minion. Seriously how are are minions so good according to EVERYONE?!.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
You sound frustrated.

Minions are good in the early worlds to give yourself the boost you need sometimes. Some Monstrology Summons are really great, too! Although, yes, it is nasty when they remove a feint.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Minions primary purpose are to serve as "Distractors."

Meaning, they draw the attention from you and towards them (the minions) from the mobs.

They are not meant to really fight or battle effectively and ignore traps/cheats/blades etc.

That being said, you must bear these in mind when summoning and using minions/henchmen.

So, they aren't 100 useless, as I highlighted, they serve as Distractors.

It would be good, especially for conjurers if they can have some level of control over their minions.

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Surprisingly The minion was extremely useful when I fought the Gurtuk Barrier Demon it some how did 1100 damage with frost shark.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Frost Shark along with icezilla are a few of ice's strongest spells. Frost Shark is a spell I use extremely often on my ice as it really does get the job done as you saw with your minion!

I would like to see KI introduce a few trainers where we can learn spells like these (banning them from PvP of course as that would be too unfair) so that we can put our collected training points to use.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Minions are great (aside from the aforementioned Feint and Blade stealing) for approximately 5 levels. By then you have advanced to the point where your minion will unceremoniously get one-shotted out existence thereby wasting the pips you used to summon it.

Minions would be a much better concept if you could (like pets) level them up as you progress.

Maybe KI could PIRATE the concept from another game and institute leveling minions in Wizards.

Steve Ghoststalker

Survivor
May 21, 2011
I tell ya, there is nothing more satisfying then a minion using just what you need for its short life span, then getting magic blasted in the face when it's about to Bloodbat 3 different feints on the boss.

Minions are definitely something worth looking into with the next update.

Recommend re-work them to feel more like minions loyal to us instead of a mindless chicken pecking at a deck of cards.

~ Noah SilverBlade