Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 72 in Waterfront-Should I do Side Quests?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
On this account (Devin Daisyheart) I haven't been doing as many side quests, but I did Wintertusk and basically all of the sides in Celestia, plus the Wizard City, Krokotopia, and some of the sides in Marleybone, Mooshu, and Dragonspyre. I have also done all of the sides in Zafaria up until this point. Since I will reach max before finishing the main quest line in Empyrea, should I still do the side quests in the rest of Zafaria, Avalon, Azteca, Khrysalis, and Polaris (Mirage and Empyrea give no XP so I will probably still do those)? I don't want to reach max too early, because then I will probably stop questing and have to wait before finishing Empyrea, or even Mirage if I keep doing sides.

Taylor Daisyflame- Level 101
Devin Daisyheart- Level 72
Taylor Moonflame- Level 40

Defender
Jan 30, 2014
If you're worried about hitting max early, I can tell you that my fire did all the sides until Azteca... and she's still not maxed!

I am currently in Mirage with my Fire, and she's leveling quite slow, regardless of how many sides I did back when I thought you had to do them all!

If you truly are worried about being over leveled, you aren't. But if you're still worried about being to high of a level, don't do the sides.

My storm is around your level, but she is in Avalon. She has done no side quests apart from the ones for the trainers in Zafaria.

However, you can still do all the sides. Kingsisle gives you plenty of xp to max out anyways, so if any goes into the void it doesn't really matter since the next time the add a world, they will give you enough to reach 135 or 140 (whatever the next level cap will be).

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
Since the Zafaria board has been inactive for some time...

Side quests are generally not worth it. What you've already done may help you in Azteca, but for the moment, I don't really think sides are important. The most I did was Wysteria after finishing Marleybone [25-26] and Wintertusk after finishing Dragonspyre [45]. After that, zero side quests aside from Zeke.