Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Operating three accounta

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2017
Quick question would running three separate accounts, be difficult and i do have a good computer to run them.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
skyrim20101 on Feb 22, 2019 wrote:
Quick question would running three separate accounts, be difficult and i do have a good computer to run them.
We can run multiple accounts by clicking the launcher again once we can see our wizards in their dorm room (selection screen). Before then it will just give us a notice that the launcher is already running.

Duel or multi-boxing is used quite a lot and different players use different ways of organising it to be able to click between them easily. Sometimes I have them on max resolution but not full screen then click on the w101 logo on the task bar to switch, but most of the time (and always for battles where I'll be switching every spell) I make them into smaller boxes that overlap a little on my screen.

It's possible to do this with more than 2 wizards but the screen can feel a bit cluttered. It's also possible to use 3 wizards at once but it might take a bit of practice (and deck reorganising) before you're able to consistently get their cards in within the 30 seconds when battling...it is possible though and some players even quad box 4 wizards in battle. Personally I find 3 tricky and 4 is just not happening - I am not that good lol!

As for your computer, if it is managing 1 wizard it will likely manage more. I recently upgraded my computer and everything runs much better but prior to that I was on a very old computer that I was convinced was dying for about 5 years or more...it just kept going. That managed multiple accounts but there was always lag (I didn't even realise it had lag until I got better and everything was quicker/smoother lol). I still managed to play multi-boxing though and it was enjoyable not frustrating.

To check your computer manages it you could always try it in busy realms of the free areas before you buy into another account. If it's working fine in the busy free areas it will be fine elsewhere in game

I hope this helps, good luck and have fun with your new wizards!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
The only difficulty here would probably be playing and keeping up with them all simultaneously given the fact that your computer is efficient enough to run them all comfortably.

If you're able to do this effectively, then you should be fine.

Although again, it can be difficult as it relates to having three accounts at the same time on the same screen.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
It isn't difficult to run three accounts, as long as the three accounts are questing together. Doing three separate quests at the same time can get overwhelming.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
How old is your computer? I have 3 accounts, but I don't run them all at once. Sometimes I will "double box" for dungeons, but more than 2 accounts going on causes severe lag for me.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
I've run 3 on a 10 year old computer, on backwoods internet. One of the great things about Wiz is that it's not too demanding on hardware. Good for those of us with hand-me-down computers x pokes dad x

Survivor
Aug 09, 2017
Victoria FireHeart on Feb 22, 2019 wrote:
We can run multiple accounts by clicking the launcher again once we can see our wizards in their dorm room (selection screen). Before then it will just give us a notice that the launcher is already running.

Duel or multi-boxing is used quite a lot and different players use different ways of organising it to be able to click between them easily. Sometimes I have them on max resolution but not full screen then click on the w101 logo on the task bar to switch, but most of the time (and always for battles where I'll be switching every spell) I make them into smaller boxes that overlap a little on my screen.

It's possible to do this with more than 2 wizards but the screen can feel a bit cluttered. It's also possible to use 3 wizards at once but it might take a bit of practice (and deck reorganising) before you're able to consistently get their cards in within the 30 seconds when battling...it is possible though and some players even quad box 4 wizards in battle. Personally I find 3 tricky and 4 is just not happening - I am not that good lol!

As for your computer, if it is managing 1 wizard it will likely manage more. I recently upgraded my computer and everything runs much better but prior to that I was on a very old computer that I was convinced was dying for about 5 years or more...it just kept going. That managed multiple accounts but there was always lag (I didn't even realise it had lag until I got better and everything was quicker/smoother lol). I still managed to play multi-boxing though and it was enjoyable not frustrating.

To check your computer manages it you could always try it in busy realms of the free areas before you buy into another account. If it's working fine in the busy free areas it will be fine elsewhere in game

I hope this helps, good luck and have fun with your new wizards!
Thank you for the response. My computer is around 4 months old so it should be able to run them. I'm just curious on a efficient way of doing this.