Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Attacks

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 19, 2016
It sure would be nice if KI made an update to add pet attacks.

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
DeathGem67 on Feb 18, 2019 wrote:
It sure would be nice if KI made an update to add pet attacks.
Oh now that is a cool idea!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
There's actually 3 offensive maycast spells in the game, though they are all retired. There's Cloud o Bugs which does Locust Swarm, Snow and Tell which does Snow Serpent, and Sunbird Call which does maycast Sunbird. These were all removed from the game as I imagine KI considered them all overpowered for a maycast. I BELIEVE it is still possible to xfer them to a pet, but ONLY if you hatch with it. Somebody else can correct my mistake if it is one

Defender
Jun 08, 2011
I'm not entirely sure if I follow what you mean. Can you elaborate?

Explorer
Sep 19, 2016
dayerider on Feb 19, 2019 wrote:
There's actually 3 offensive maycast spells in the game, though they are all retired. There's Cloud o Bugs which does Locust Swarm, Snow and Tell which does Snow Serpent, and Sunbird Call which does maycast Sunbird. These were all removed from the game as I imagine KI considered them all overpowered for a maycast. I BELIEVE it is still possible to xfer them to a pet, but ONLY if you hatch with it. Somebody else can correct my mistake if it is one
My apologies for not making myself clear. What I meant was a natural attack from the pet, not from spells.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
DeathGem67 on Feb 20, 2019 wrote:
My apologies for not making myself clear. What I meant was a natural attack from the pet, not from spells.
nothing to apologize for. I could have asked a simple question about this for clarification. In any rate, let's continue the discussion. Are you looking to have the pet cast a spell similar to its type? For example, having a flame snake pet cast the flame snake spell? Or, are you wanting to have the pet cast one of the generic wand hits? What type of mechanic for how it would work were you looking for? One hit per fight? more than one hit per fight? maycast or designated (as in you pick the spell and it hits)? Were you looking for the pet to have its own spell book?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
DeathGem67 on Feb 20, 2019 wrote:
Yes, that's what Dayerider was talking about!

Explorer
Sep 19, 2016
dayerider on Feb 20, 2019 wrote:
nothing to apologize for. I could have asked a simple question about this for clarification. In any rate, let's continue the discussion. Are you looking to have the pet cast a spell similar to its type? For example, having a flame snake pet cast the flame snake spell? Or, are you wanting to have the pet cast one of the generic wand hits? What type of mechanic for how it would work were you looking for? One hit per fight? more than one hit per fight? maycast or designated (as in you pick the spell and it hits)? Were you looking for the pet to have its own spell book?
A physical attack in addition to whatever that pet can do.