Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tight Areas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 04, 2011
I've noticed in the game there are areas that are very difficult to access.
One of these areas is where Ponce De Gibbon is at. This is small and filled with enemies. Trying to even get to him is such a pain to deal with. This isn't the only area in Wizard101, and I believe there should be some adjustments made. Whether it means removing enemies or making the area slightly larger and easier for us to navigate.

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
When I first started playing the game it seemed so strange to me to walk through water. We humans generally walk around rivers instead of through them. That's what you have to do for Ponce. Walk through the water. Stay to the left and you'll be fine. I doubt any adjustments will be made. This is the first time I've ever seen anyone talk about clearance getting to Ponce.

Rylee Firestorm

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Yes, there are tough areas to navigate through without unintentionally starting a mob fight. It's even worse when riding on the back of a double mount.

But nothing compares to Marleybone back in the beginning. You actually had to time your run between the mob individuals. It was worse than trying to cross a busy Chicago Street during rush hour.

Steven & Christopher Ghoststalker
130 & 40

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
colocrys on Feb 16, 2019 wrote:
When I first started playing the game it seemed so strange to me to walk through water. We humans generally walk around rivers instead of through them. That's what you have to do for Ponce. Walk through the water. Stay to the left and you'll be fine. I doubt any adjustments will be made. This is the first time I've ever seen anyone talk about clearance getting to Ponce.

Rylee Firestorm
I try that and still get caught there!

With the statistical chance of me (perhaps due to terrible driving???) getting past them without having a monkey fight I always expect one! Those bad monkeys just love to pick a fight with innocent wizards passing by!

I'm with the OP on this...maybe just make better breaks between them so we can slip past them more easily...even if we're not as speedy or agile at slipping past unnoticed

PS. I even marked location when I was FISHING there because they were so eager for a scrap hahaha

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
A tight area to walk through for me is going from the Wild to the Wyrd in Avalon where the water elementals are. I have to walk very close to the edge so I don't get pulled into battle. Has anyone else experienced this?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
when going to talk to Ponce, instead of trying to time it between all them monkeys, instead go around and behind him, then come up from behind. This way, you only have to time one or two monkeys instead of like 8

Survivor
Dec 04, 2011
First of all, thanks to anyone who has replied and sent their own tips and struggles.
It just really sucks trying to deal with all of these tight areas and easy pull in areas. Especially when Im trying to do a full roster of wizards. Its more time consuming trying to get around these areas and making sure you dont get into any unecessary battles.
Im also in a discord server who have quite a few people who play as well. They fully agree something needs to be done as well. I really doubt KI is going to do anything, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
-----------------------------------
Scot Wild - 130
Fallon Night - 106
Mackenzie Storm - 85

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Laura Raven on Feb 17, 2019 wrote:
A tight area to walk through for me is going from the Wild to the Wyrd in Avalon where the water elementals are. I have to walk very close to the edge so I don't get pulled into battle. Has anyone else experienced this?
I used to get caught there all the time, but recently I've been avoiding them completely! I run right towards the edge...basically aiming for off the rocks and not where it looks like a natural path to walk. I hope this helps, I haven't been caught there at all by accident since I started doing this!