Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

buying regents

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 30, 2009
hello everyone, one thing i think they need to change is the regent system for crafting in the bazaar because 1. it is getting frustrating that i see there a thing i need and when i go to buy it has already been bought and then says sorry someone took that already like if they took it why have it their in the first place. and 2nd why can't we have our on bazaar regents in a way were if we get something awesome if we sell it can go to other people so on like that.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Well, it would definitely be helpful to see an item bought to be immediately removed from the Bazaar's Inventory.

But with so much buying and selling going on, especially during high play time periods, you have to see how doing something like this may be difficult, then to have it updated on each player's screen.

It may freeze or crash a few player's game/system.

Also, remember the intention of the Bazaar. It allows everyone to sell and purchase actionable items across the spiral.

If we for example, had a 'Reagent Bazaar," the issues will still be prevalent. It's a reason why rare reagents are just that; rare.

It's frustrating, but there are alternatives to getting rarer reagents.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
1: You see those reagents on the bazaar because they were there when it loaded. The reagent list doesn't continuously update while you're browsing through it, and so it won't let you know if a reagent on that list is suddenly no longer on the list until you refresh it.

2: A reagent trading system, like treasure card trading, would be amazing. It'd prevent all that unnecessary tension that you'd get by selling reagents in the bazaar in hopes that your friend will be able to purchase them before someone else does.

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
Number one rule I follow in playing the game is to NEVER sell your reagents. I store mine in the share bank and buy
some when I have extra gold just to store. Pick up every reagent while questing, Stone blocks and black lotus, black pearl and frost flower are some you will always need.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
It can be quite disheartening to get the message that the item has already sold but I stopped thinking of it as 'I missed it' and started thinking of it as 'someone else clicked the list first'. The items shown are available when we click on the tab but everything is bought and sold in real time. Updating it as it goes would cause a constant movement of items and be impossible to sort the lists or see what was available clearly.

Just as items can be bought while we're looking through the lists, items can also be sold. They won't show until we refresh the list.

It might help to refresh the list regularly and sort the items quickly to increase your chance of buying what you're looking for quickly enough. We can sort by alphabet (forwards or backwards) and number (low to high number available). For some items we can sort by school or rank.

If we look at the list of what's available and notice where the thing we want would be placed, we can use the quickest route to getting it on our screen after refreshing the list. It's basically 'fastest fingers first' so try to make it as easy as possible for you to click fastest...and if you miss it assume the person who bought it refreshed a moment before you and it was not possible for it to be yours rather than feeling like you missed it or were 'too slow'.

The more you do it the faster you'll get and the easier you'll start finding what you want after a refresh. You could also try buying things at off-peek times instead of the busiest times - eg avoiding evenings and weekends, especially Friday/Saturday evenings (US busy times).

Please try not to get frustrated with it, there are times I miss multiple things in a row and decide to try again when it's quieter...it happens to us all! Good luck and keep trying!