Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Damage Boost on Wizard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 23, 2012
I just recently started playing by Fire Wizard in Mirage. While fighting the Ghultures, I noticed that their damage boosted on me. Is this a glitch? I found nothing on my character to indicate a boost to damage by death monsters.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2018
I believe this has something to do with the enemies' pierce rate. If their pierce is higher than your resistance, I think that they will boost on you for the difference. I'm honestly not sure though.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2011
I think they mean that their attacks are doing more damage than "normal", such as how we have damage boost on our gear(ex.: +11% myth damage on a pair of boots).

If this is what you meant, this is NOT a bug, it's a feature for Mirage and beyond. They had to make the enemies tougher in some way. Ghultures have (30%?) damage boost I think. Either way, enemies have damage boost now, so...yeah. Mirage is where the game gets REALLY nasty.

If it's a case of seeing it show "Boost " when you're attacked, then it most likely IS a bug, because even if they DO completely pierce your resistance, they shouldn't do boost damage to you, unless you're polymorphed into something that takes boost damage from death.