Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical and block rating system

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
Hello, I believe that the critical and block rating system should not have been changed in PvE. Now, with PvP that is understandable. Since, you would just critical and land, which would end it so fast. It is frustruating having to easily lose health and all that high rating of block just for a low percent. I easily died and lose health, doesn't help. It needs to go back to the way it was at lesat for PvE.I criticaled on enemies, like the Dark Cloud, and it would block my hit for both of them. I hope this makes sense. This is my 1st time posting here. I just think that if it were changed in PvE, then it would be so much better and all that 300+ block wouldn't feel useless at all. I feel like they should tell you the rate in PvP in parentheses, so that way there can still tell you the rate :)

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome to the Message Boards!

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts on this issue.

Most of us players have similar sentiments to share with what you're suggesting.
There was a moment when having high block mattered; hence allowing many of us to survive onslaughts of incoming criticalled attacks.

However, with the alteration, this has been difficult, many have just chosen to forgo the Block Rating (myself included) and focus on stats that actually seem to matter such as resistances and health.

Critical Decay was just a cheap response to alter the stat as wizards gain in levels and upgrade equipment. It is an oxymoron within itself that again, many disagree to some extent with but we understand the need for such a route to take place.

I'm sure there are many other alternatives that could've suffice.

Still hoping for more block within the coming future though; and again, in terms on mobs, at least they altered what I will refer to as a glitch where if the first mob blocked a critical, all other mobs automatically did.

They now each have their own individual chances of blocking; so that is at least something good.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2009
kewlwizard22 on Jan 21, 2019 wrote:
Hello, I believe that the critical and block rating system should not have been changed in PvE. Now, with PvP that is understandable. Since, you would just critical and land, which would end it so fast. It is frustruating having to easily lose health and all that high rating of block just for a low percent. I easily died and lose health, doesn't help. It needs to go back to the way it was at lesat for PvE.I criticaled on enemies, like the Dark Cloud, and it would block my hit for both of them. I hope this makes sense. This is my 1st time posting here. I just think that if it were changed in PvE, then it would be so much better and all that 300+ block wouldn't feel useless at all. I feel like they should tell you the rate in PvP in parentheses, so that way there can still tell you the rate :)
I 100% agree with you. I main a Storm Wizard and even in Full Darkmoor Gear with mimic ring my Block is sitting at 19% and may go to 18% after I level up again.

The main thing I feel is decay makes gear completely useless after a few levels and for us who can't afford to get crown gear that is a real challenge to keep up with our Critical and Block. My Storm almost got KO'd in one battle where both enemies got a critical. One with a Levy and the other with a Wraith.

I am hoping that the new Paradox gear I plan to farm out comes with decent stats that will last long cause my Darkmoor gear will become useless in the next 10 or 20 more level ups.

Alyssa StormHeart 129