Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

lag issues

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
i have been playing couple of hours a day, and i have notice that i am lagging really bad. it is taking ages to go from area to area even loading after i hit play loading up pet games is even worse, as i have to close the game down and load it back up. just as a help i have started playing on a new laptop.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
nathan owlhaven on Jan 15, 2019 wrote:
i have been playing couple of hours a day, and i have notice that i am lagging really bad. it is taking ages to go from area to area even loading after i hit play loading up pet games is even worse, as i have to close the game down and load it back up. just as a help i have started playing on a new laptop.
New laptop = new install? I'm guessing you didn't transfer the files from the old one like some people do (I'm not tech-savvy enough to even attempt that haha).

It could be that you're experiencing lag from too much info all downloading at once. Eg in the pet pavilion every time someone with new gear or different pets etc is near the info downloads so you can see it properly.

It's not usually an issue when we start because we get things in small sections as we come into contact with them, but when we're already accessing lots of places and every piece of info is 'new' it can cause some lag as the download catches up.

Try going to quiet realms where the new information can trickle in instead of flooding in. This worked for me when I was in the same position, and I still use it occasionally if I get a bit of lag in a busy realm.

It could be that the game hasn't installed properly so a complete reinstall might fix it...but if it's NOT this reinstalling could take you back to the beginning of the process instead of fixing it! Only consider reinstalling if other alternatives don't work.

It could also be your internet connection or settings on your computer (perhaps doing background tasks etc)...but I'll leave tech advice to people who know better and stick to the simple wizardy solution that worked for me. If this doesn't work, you'll need advice from other people who know more than me

Good luck and let us know how you get on!