Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Helping others to get to commander or Warlord

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Barbie934m on May 21, 2019 wrote:
You are correct I don't boost at all but I think i will still trade tc to any wizards private sergeant veteran commander warlord.

because it the friendly thing to do and I admit I haven't been friendly to others wizards in the past when a few warlords try to help me out.

So now I think i need to straight myself out and help others to get the pet stats they want or any tc they want I'm now a max ice wizards so I have a lot of gold now.

Samanth lvl 130

P:S:

be family friendly even to the bullies wizards on the game because giving is following the righteous paths.
Seeing that all that has been just a misunderstanding. Ill teach you how to actually start playing rank. First thing make a bracket of games you want to play in a day. For example if your gonna play rank play 3 games. If you won 2/3 in a row in your first attempt then play another 3 games until u loose. When you lose stop and take a break. Then come back and play 3 more games if you play like this with in winning conditions then you should be able to attain with in 3-5 sets accomplish 6-10 wins vs 3-5 loss which in my honest opinion is a good way to rank pvp. As someone mention before your not going to win all your matches due to high RNG meta. So best of luck and Top of the morn'n to ya.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
angellifeheart on May 21, 2019 wrote:
Seeing that all that has been just a misunderstanding. Ill teach you how to actually start playing rank. First thing make a bracket of games you want to play in a day. For example if your gonna play rank play 3 games. If you won 2/3 in a row in your first attempt then play another 3 games until u loose. When you lose stop and take a break. Then come back and play 3 more games if you play like this with in winning conditions then you should be able to attain with in 3-5 sets accomplish 6-10 wins vs 3-5 loss which in my honest opinion is a good way to rank pvp. As someone mention before your not going to win all your matches due to high RNG meta. So best of luck and Top of the morn'n to ya.
This is excellent advice and the same general rule a lot of poker players use too. In poker there is a certain level of skill, knowing your deck, combos and odds etc but also a level of chance (rng so to speak) as the hands of the other players can only be determined so far and the sequence of cards in the deck is unknown.

Avoiding what we call 'tilt' helps a lot in overall success rates. Tilt is when we're frustrated or have been thrown by another player/luck etc and puts us in a state of mind where we make bad decisions and don't weigh things up as we normally (or rationally) would.

I've played poker while on tilt...yeah, the odds are definitely not in your favour when you do that lol

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
angellifeheart on May 21, 2019 wrote:
Tc doesn't boost your rank? And i believe she was contradicting her point earlier on in her post when she started off being bias about balance and her furiosty towards losing against fire due to burning rampage. Perhaps the state in the fact that she admitted herself she doesn't condone boosting ill let it slide. In a game nothing matters more so in that your having fun, people are just people but that's just an opinion.There are good ones and bad ones but it up to us to decide which crowd we choose to mix with. But you are right in that everything is temporary and feelings do matter other wise there wouldn't a thread to post your ideas. So can you in your expertise convince k i to listen to its pvp players who are basically half of the games player base to fix pvp? and stop ignoring us with pve contents and put more focus on pvp contents its been 5 yrs ya know if you can that'll be awesome
I don't really understand your post so forgive me if my response isn't what you wanted or meant from me...feel free to clarify though if I misunderstood!

1. "Tc doesn't boost your rank?" Well no, not in the context of giving people TC to make them feel they owe you time and help...or even if you don't. If giving people TC boosted our PvP rank I'd be a Warlord without even needing to set foot into the arena

2. I'm going to brush past the next bits because your subsequent post seemed to have a different view and it's not needed for us to be arguing semantics and pulling apart misunderstandings...I'm not sure any of this bit 'counts' now we are all looking to work together and be supportive

3. "In a game nothing matters more so in that your having fun, people are just people but that's just an opinion.There are good ones and bad ones but it up to us to decide which crowd we choose to mix with." Yes, I agree. If people are not welcoming to you or make you feel bad, choose to be with people who make you feel happy. I don't just think this in game, I apply it to real life as far as possible too

4. "So can you in your expertise convince k i to listen to its pvp players who are basically half of the games player base to fix pvp? and stop ignoring us with pve contents and put more focus on pvp contents its been 5 yrs ya know if you can that'll be awesome" LOL...this is a lot to unpackage right here!

IDK what 'your expertise' refers to

KI have said they're looking to revamp PvP from the ground up...I hope they will discuss their ideas when they are close to a final model for the all new and improved PvP set up and hear the thoughts of the community before implementing change

Yeah I've been here 5 years but the reason I don't generally get involved in PvP threads (especially to add my ideas about 'fixing' PvP) is because I find it is all too often about shouting down other people and the general 'demands' (yes, it often comes across as demanding) are a big fat slap in the face to the devs. I don't like the general tone of 'us against them' like KI and customers are against each other instead of working together.

I find the 'problems' to predominantly be people demanding nerfs or bans on strategies other people are using instead of offering genuine solutions that add to the game. It's almost never about genuinely balancing things and almost entirely about 'make my strategy good enough to win'. It irritates me.

When we're looking at a battle we shouldn't be under the messed up impression we can remove the cards someone else has. It's totally crazy to me that this is always the first port of call! Let's nerf/ban XYZ...I saw a recent video about the top 5 cards that need to be changed for PvP....nooooooo, because as soon as they are changed there will be another 'top 5'. It's a slap in the face of everyone who spent time designing the spells, programming them, making them a reality for our wizards. I don't believe they should all be reprogrammed just so someone demanding it loudly should be able to deal with it being used against them.

It's terribly dull repeatedly hearing 'they can't have that, it's not fair'. If you want to break the Dams you've got to invent a bouncing bomb...if your enemy has radar you need to invent stealth fighters that can avoid detection...get creative and use your imagination to ask for what you want/need ADDED.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
Hi Victory FireHeart why did you assume i wanted to be boosted in the first place?

Because I don't do it in the past I admit on a really old account that not on the game anymore but I still remember the name of that account.

Name Mission866 was my first account i create for Wizard101 I spent a lot of crowns on that account and i admit i did do puppetting on that account.

To me I had to someone wouldn't listen to a private wizard that was close to there's lvl so I use a balance wizard name Amy that was kinda lvl 90 and i helped a private wizard get some attention from higher rank wizards called warlords I had to do puppetting to help him.

I think he was lvl 60 maybe lvl 65 it been awhile but last time i saw his wizard he was commander.

And right now Mission866 last time i heard it was banned for sharing info twice.

I know what puppetting and what is boosting I see higher lvl wizards do it on purpose so they can win easier but that not me at all.

I don't lose on purpose I like to help out and I wish ice had something like burning rampage so they wouldn't have to wait for shadow pips to hit all the time.

I don't know why you thought i wanted to boost to get up to commander robe.

Once I get commander robe i still try to help others wizards to get there because to me I think it my job to do that.

Sorry you didn't really understand the Titled

I could use help getting better gear for my ice wizard for one thing if you could help me with that will be really helpful.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
Victoria FireHeart on May 22, 2019 wrote:
I don't really understand your post so forgive me if my response isn't what you wanted or meant from me...feel free to clarify though if I misunderstood!

1. "Tc doesn't boost your rank?" Well no, not in the context of giving people TC to make them feel they owe you time and help...or even if you don't. If giving people TC boosted our PvP rank I'd be a Warlord without even needing to set foot into the arena

2. I'm going to brush past the next bits because your subsequent post seemed to have a different view and it's not needed for us to be arguing semantics and pulling apart misunderstandings...I'm not sure any of this bit 'counts' now we are all looking to work together and be supportive

3. "In a game nothing matters more so in that your having fun, people are just people but that's just an opinion.There are good ones and bad ones but it up to us to decide which crowd we choose to mix with." Yes, I agree. If people are not welcoming to you or make you feel bad, choose to be with people who make you feel happy. I don't just think this in game, I apply it to real life as far as possible too

4. "So can you in your expertise convince k i to listen to its pvp players who are basically half of the games player base to fix pvp? and stop ignoring us with pve contents and put more focus on pvp contents its been 5 yrs ya know if you can that'll be awesome" LOL...this is a lot to unpackage right here!

IDK what 'your expertise' refers to

KI have said they're looking to revamp PvP from the ground up...I hope they will discuss their ideas when they are close to a final model for the all new and improved PvP set up and hear the thoughts of the community before implementing change

Yeah I've been here 5 years but the reason I don't generally get involved in PvP threads (especially to add my ideas about 'fixing' PvP) is because I find it is all too often about shouting down other people and the general 'demands' (yes, it often comes across as demanding) are a big fat slap in the face to the devs. I don't like the general tone of 'us against them' like KI and customers are against each other instead of working together.

I find the 'problems' to predominantly be people demanding nerfs or bans on strategies other people are using instead of offering genuine solutions that add to the game. It's almost never about genuinely balancing things and almost entirely about 'make my strategy good enough to win'. It irritates me.

When we're looking at a battle we shouldn't be under the messed up impression we can remove the cards someone else has. It's totally crazy to me that this is always the first port of call! Let's nerf/ban XYZ...I saw a recent video about the top 5 cards that need to be changed for PvP....nooooooo, because as soon as they are changed there will be another 'top 5'. It's a slap in the face of everyone who spent time designing the spells, programming them, making them a reality for our wizards. I don't believe they should all be reprogrammed just so someone demanding it loudly should be able to deal with it being used against them.

It's terribly dull repeatedly hearing 'they can't have that, it's not fair'. If you want to break the Dams you've got to invent a bouncing bomb...if your enemy has radar you need to invent stealth fighters that can avoid detection...get creative and use your imagination to ask for what you want/need ADDED.
I get your point of view here about spells but I don't think your quite understanding what people are getting at when they ask a card to be banned or nerfed from pvp. Nothing is perfect and that goes for spells when they're designed too. It's not a slap to the creators face when people ask for changes to them it's feedback on how to make them more compatible with current gameplay. Do people always phrase what they want in a good way? Nope, they can sound or actually be very demanding. It doesn't change the fact that the opinion when shared by most of the pvp community is probably valid with solid evidence to back it up (though yes some people do just want their strategy to be able to win but to be honest I think that part of the pvp community is small, they just tend to be very loud on the threads compared to others).

Some spells are simply too powerful for pvp and leave people with no way to counter them. There are really only 3 fixes for that when it happens. 1. The spell can be banned from pvp altogether. 2. The spell can be nerfed for pvp only and left alone for pve like juju has been. 3. KI can create a new spell to counter the overpowered spell.

People on these threads have been very creative with multiple ideas for things that can be added to counter spells so that spamming them does not guarantee the person going first (and sometimes even second when it comes to loremaster or spirit guardian spam) a win. I've seen things like finally creating a balance shield spell, or simply making guardian spirit one use only (nerfs it in no way since still usable just not more than once), and making loremaster more pips (also wouldn't actually nerf it just stops it from being spammable).

Many spells seem like a good idea when they're created but not all of them actually get tested in the beta realms by players before going live. Or they are in test realm but the time frame for test is short enough that it doesn't show what the long term problems with the spell will be. They have unintentional consequences that sometimes is easier for KI to fix by simply taking one or two things away from the spell or just keeping it out of pvp rather than having to create something brand new to counter it. It's not like asking KI to nerf a spell for pvp ruins the whole thing. It just forces people who previously relied on the fact that no one could counter it to get creative with their strategies. The juju nerf was long overdue and stopped many hours long matches and automatic fleeing and losing rank upon encountering a juju spammer from happening. It's still useable in pvp and comes at a cost that matches the effect it has on your opponent.

Now banning I really see your point on. Taking someone's spell away does change gameplay completely for that person, but again you have to consider the fact that if people want it banned it's probably because it's very overpowered. I brought up guardian spirit earlier and while I do believe making it one use would solve the spamming problem I'm of the opinion it shouldn't be in pvp at all. If you die in pvp 1v1 that should be it, you lost game over. It doesn't make any sense at all that not only can Life wizards come back to life after losing but because of heal bubbles and critical they can come back at full health while their opponent is usually almost dead at that point giving them an easy win. No other school can literally come back from the dead and it's a very unfair advantage for life to have what's literally a second chance to win the match when every other school is limited to trying to win the match once or lose rank.

People automatically go to asking for a spell to be nerfed usually before calling for it to be banned and it isn't because they can't be creative about coming up with a solution. In terms of coding and fixing the problem faster it's simply easier to ask for KI to nerf a spell than ask for a brand new one to counter it be created. And to be fair some "nerfs" aren't truthfully a nerf. I often see things like asking for pip cost to go up being called a nerf and really that isn't one. A nerf takes something away from a spell or in cases like juju adds a negative effect to the user for using it. Making it cost an extra pip or two doesn't hurt anything other than stopping spamming.

Is there sometimes the odd one out that asks for a spell that doesn't need to be nerfed or banned on the threads? Yep, some people just don't like the fact that they lost to this spell and therefore want it nerfed. But all in all most of the threads that want spells nerfed or banned tend to be about pretty much the exact same spells. When you see complaints about the same spell over and over for years then it's a sign that something needs to be done.

Sorry for the long read but I just felt that for people who don't pvp or don't do it often this is the train of thought you don't often get to see since the threads for pvp tend to be about a specific spell or aspect of pvp.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Barbie934m on May 24, 2019 wrote:
Hi Victory FireHeart why did you assume i wanted to be boosted in the first place?

Because I don't do it in the past I admit on a really old account that not on the game anymore but I still remember the name of that account.

Name Mission866 was my first account i create for Wizard101 I spent a lot of crowns on that account and i admit i did do puppetting on that account.

To me I had to someone wouldn't listen to a private wizard that was close to there's lvl so I use a balance wizard name Amy that was kinda lvl 90 and i helped a private wizard get some attention from higher rank wizards called warlords I had to do puppetting to help him.

I think he was lvl 60 maybe lvl 65 it been awhile but last time i saw his wizard he was commander.

And right now Mission866 last time i heard it was banned for sharing info twice.

I know what puppetting and what is boosting I see higher lvl wizards do it on purpose so they can win easier but that not me at all.

I don't lose on purpose I like to help out and I wish ice had something like burning rampage so they wouldn't have to wait for shadow pips to hit all the time.

Once I get commander robe i still try to help others wizards to get there because to me I think it my job to do that.

I could use help getting better gear for my ice wizard for one thing if you could help me with that will be really helpful.
I've never once assumed you wanted boosting or accused it, in fact I said the exact opposite.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Barbie934m on May 24, 2019 wrote:

Ice wizards are beyond broken atm were as being S tier there is going to be issues trying to buff ice. I also realize the weakness to ice is the fact that either players are using more ward pet often or having good amount of 40+ pierce. Ice mass resist 65+ while having a good 105 damage 31+ pierce and good utility spells already makes ice at the top of the game. My first time playing with ice I've won 10 rank matches in a row without really even putting much of an effort and 4/10 times i got first. It really comes down to few of these things learning how to efficiently use brace against non balance schools. Having global bubble priority over your opponent increases your out going damage to 140%. Accessibility utility cards like steal wards stuns cool down. In fact ice counters fire really hard if played correctly from first. Victoria also didn't say you wanted people to lose purpose it was actually me and a few others who made that assumption base on the context of your words. Which is why you have to choose your words carefully because critics basically attack on the response you put out and makes judgement base on your arguments But I understand what your trying to say. Best of luck in your pvp matches..

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Luvdogs99 on May 24, 2019 wrote:
I get your point of view here about spells but I don't think your quite understanding what people are getting at when they ask a card to be banned or nerfed from pvp. Nothing is perfect and that goes for spells when they're designed too. It's not a slap to the creators face when people ask for changes to them it's feedback on how to make them more compatible with current gameplay. Do people always phrase what they want in a good way? Nope, they can sound or actually be very demanding. It doesn't change the fact that the opinion when shared by most of the pvp community is probably valid with solid evidence to back it up (though yes some people do just want their strategy to be able to win but to be honest I think that part of the pvp community is small, they just tend to be very loud on the threads compared to others).

Some spells are simply too powerful for pvp and leave people with no way to counter them. There are really only 3 fixes for that when it happens. 1. The spell can be banned from pvp altogether. 2. The spell can be nerfed for pvp only and left alone for pve like juju has been. 3. KI can create a new spell to counter the overpowered spell.

People on these threads have been very creative with multiple ideas for things that can be added to counter spells so that spamming them does not guarantee the person going first (and sometimes even second when it comes to loremaster or spirit guardian spam) a win. I've seen things like finally creating a balance shield spell, or simply making guardian spirit one use only (nerfs it in no way since still usable just not more than once), and making loremaster more pips (also wouldn't actually nerf it just stops it from being spammable).

Many spells seem like a good idea when they're created but not all of them actually get tested in the beta realms by players before going live. Or they are in test realm but the time frame for test is short enough that it doesn't show what the long term problems with the spell will be. They have unintentional consequences that sometimes is easier for KI to fix by simply taking one or two things away from the spell or just keeping it out of pvp rather than having to create something brand new to counter it. It's not like asking KI to nerf a spell for pvp ruins the whole thing. It just forces people who previously relied on the fact that no one could counter it to get creative with their strategies. The juju nerf was long overdue and stopped many hours long matches and automatic fleeing and losing rank upon encountering a juju spammer from happening. It's still useable in pvp and comes at a cost that matches the effect it has on your opponent.

Now banning I really see your point on. Taking someone's spell away does change gameplay completely for that person, but again you have to consider the fact that if people want it banned it's probably because it's very overpowered. I brought up guardian spirit earlier and while I do believe making it one use would solve the spamming problem I'm of the opinion it shouldn't be in pvp at all. If you die in pvp 1v1 that should be it, you lost game over. It doesn't make any sense at all that not only can Life wizards come back to life after losing but because of heal bubbles and critical they can come back at full health while their opponent is usually almost dead at that point giving them an easy win. No other school can literally come back from the dead and it's a very unfair advantage for life to have what's literally a second chance to win the match when every other school is limited to trying to win the match once or lose rank.

People automatically go to asking for a spell to be nerfed usually before calling for it to be banned and it isn't because they can't be creative about coming up with a solution. In terms of coding and fixing the problem faster it's simply easier to ask for KI to nerf a spell than ask for a brand new one to counter it be created. And to be fair some "nerfs" aren't truthfully a nerf. I often see things like asking for pip cost to go up being called a nerf and really that isn't one. A nerf takes something away from a spell or in cases like juju adds a negative effect to the user for using it. Making it cost an extra pip or two doesn't hurt anything other than stopping spamming.

Is there sometimes the odd one out that asks for a spell that doesn't need to be nerfed or banned on the threads? Yep, some people just don't like the fact that they lost to this spell and therefore want it nerfed. But all in all most of the threads that want spells nerfed or banned tend to be about pretty much the exact same spells. When you see complaints about the same spell over and over for years then it's a sign that something needs to be done.

Sorry for the long read but I just felt that for people who don't pvp or don't do it often this is the train of thought you don't often get to see since the threads for pvp tend to be about a specific spell or aspect of pvp.
I totally agree with your post 99.99%. I'm not overly found of Guardian Spirit myself and that's coming from a life main. I value offensive strategy over defense, but as the saying goes the best defense is also the best offense. Another thing you mention, which I agree with is once your dead your dead if one school can cheat death then all school should be able to or non at all, but how is it many life wizard depend on such a spell 2 reasons. 1 not enough damage out going potential. 2 predictable outcomes. Every time a life wizard goes in combat I generally see the same thing, blade shield or vise versa or aura into spamming which will be disclosed further down into my post.
Life wizard have to rely on crit to actually get things going for them in pvp. Schools such as fire ice storm and balance prove to be a real menace towards life once they have bubble control which another thing id like to mention.

I stated a few times in my previous post that life wizards have to spend 3 pips of bubble control while other school gets to spend what 2? where is the fairness in that? Another thing i notice life doesnt have damage bubble control that is already bad on life weak damage. In fact ice and life are actually in the same bracket in terms of base damage the only difference is one heals and one doesn't. Now i see a lot of people complaining about life being able to crit heal for almost 3k due to the x2 and not 1.5 or 1.3 crit rate. The reason for the this is in order to survive life has to be able to out heal the initial damage for the pip consumption it sacrifice towards not being able to hit. Life doesn't have the best resist in the game in fact am sitting at 55% universal with a triple double max stat pet.

If every school is able to stack blade then you have to expect players are gonna stack shields on top of shields and life not even having 5 pip dot spells makes life vulnerable to offensive strategies.

As for cards nerf yes i do believe changes should be implemented if they become abusive and exploited. Sometimes designs have flaws which is why other mmorpg games i play, such as league of legends always have general maintenance to nerf or buff changes that impacts the game as a whole. Now am not saying pvp changes will affect pve but due to an enormous amount of crown privileged pay to win gears than has been implemented through out the course of the game i can say pvp in itself has become very unhealthy.

And I stand for 100% nerf on efreet and that will never change because again there is no reason a -90% weakness should be on a spell that easily have 1000+ damage for 8 pips(4 power pips) on a school that already has so much offensive combo and damage pressure.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
angellifeheart on May 24, 2019 wrote:
I totally agree with your post 99.99%. I'm not overly found of Guardian Spirit myself and that's coming from a life main. I value offensive strategy over defense, but as the saying goes the best defense is also the best offense. Another thing you mention, which I agree with is once your dead your dead if one school can cheat death then all school should be able to or non at all, but how is it many life wizard depend on such a spell 2 reasons. 1 not enough damage out going potential. 2 predictable outcomes. Every time a life wizard goes in combat I generally see the same thing, blade shield or vise versa or aura into spamming which will be disclosed further down into my post.
Life wizard have to rely on crit to actually get things going for them in pvp. Schools such as fire ice storm and balance prove to be a real menace towards life once they have bubble control which another thing id like to mention.

I stated a few times in my previous post that life wizards have to spend 3 pips of bubble control while other school gets to spend what 2? where is the fairness in that? Another thing i notice life doesnt have damage bubble control that is already bad on life weak damage. In fact ice and life are actually in the same bracket in terms of base damage the only difference is one heals and one doesn't. Now i see a lot of people complaining about life being able to crit heal for almost 3k due to the x2 and not 1.5 or 1.3 crit rate. The reason for the this is in order to survive life has to be able to out heal the initial damage for the pip consumption it sacrifice towards not being able to hit. Life doesn't have the best resist in the game in fact am sitting at 55% universal with a triple double max stat pet.

If every school is able to stack blade then you have to expect players are gonna stack shields on top of shields and life not even having 5 pip dot spells makes life vulnerable to offensive strategies.

As for cards nerf yes i do believe changes should be implemented if they become abusive and exploited. Sometimes designs have flaws which is why other mmorpg games i play, such as league of legends always have general maintenance to nerf or buff changes that impacts the game as a whole. Now am not saying pvp changes will affect pve but due to an enormous amount of crown privileged pay to win gears than has been implemented through out the course of the game i can say pvp in itself has become very unhealthy.

And I stand for 100% nerf on efreet and that will never change because again there is no reason a -90% weakness should be on a spell that easily have 1000+ damage for 8 pips(4 power pips) on a school that already has so much offensive combo and damage pressure.
I use to have a balance warlord and I don't know what account of my the fire mastery amulet is on at all.

as a balance i just choose to not change the bubble at all because first balance bubble cost 4 pips to change the bubble.

so i let the others keep there's bubble up sometimes it helps with a balance spell that is random i know something weird about balance.

balance mostly get storm wizards fighter instead of fire wizards ice get more fire wizards then most wizards.

Never really played much on myth or death for rank pvp.

but i did get a death wizard to sergeant it took me time to do it.

1. a warlord saw me keep on beating a ice wizard using a deer knight spell that my death got from loremaster and all i had to do was bade up and hit each time the ice wizard put a ice minion out to help them.

so i kinda use deer knight spam yes it 5 pips but it good for removing minions did the same way against life wizards.

ice at lvl 50 need there's minion to help them so does life wizards.

So he asked me if i wanted to do 2v2 in rank pvp so i did it with him.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Luvdogs99 on May 24, 2019 wrote:

Hiya, first off, sorry for not replying sooner! I stopped checking this thread for a wee while after the OP completely misinterpretted what I'd said (I thought I was pretty clear I didn't think she was asking for boosting). Secondly, thank you for your thoughtful and detailed response!

I know many threads start out about 1 spell, but in just a few recent threads there are people wanting nerf/boost or bans on the following spells: (keep in mind these are only threads I can link on here...there are plenty of these threads from sites we cannot link on this forum).

Loremaster
Guardian Spirit
Mana Burn
Bad Juju
Burning Rampage
Fire Beetle
Bolt
efreet
abominable weaver
Samoorai
Savage Paw
Hydra
Scion of Balance
woolly mammoth
handsome fomori
scion of ice
sacrifice
dark pact
lord of night
brulee sucre
wings of fate
scion of life
goat monk
fire from above
king artorious
catch of the day
shadow seraph
brimstone revenant
winter moon
Reindeer Knight
Queen Calypso
Catalan
Leviathan
Keeper of the Flame
Ninja Pigs
Athena Battle Sight
Dimension Shift
Luminous Weaver
Pigsie
Sacred Charge
Gnomes
Doom & Gloom
Headless Horseman
Deer Knight
Dr. Von's Monster
Ninja Piglets
Chimera
shadow shrike
conviction
sabertooth
medusa
sanctuary
life damage bubble
death damage bubble
insane bolt
super nova
storm scion

Plus the following categories of spells, covering multiple spells each:

Fuels (all)
Shadow and shadow enhanced spells (all)
heals (all)
heal boosts (all)
shields (all)
lore spells (all - p2w)
pet resist boosts (all)
health drains (all)
pet heals (all)
Myth spells that deal damage & can summon different types of minions
minions (all)
dots (all)

This is a HUGE number of spells and barely leaves any as is. No-one can agree on the proposed changes and everyone has their own list and order of priority. No change can be agreed on. I just think it is long overdue that we accept the spells in existance and get creative with fresh ideas to be added instead. If new spells were regularly being introduced OP strategies would be forced to keep changing and adapting instead of stagnating; the most powerful spells and strategies would be constantly changing, allowing variation, differences between schools and levels etc and a constant need to adapt and overcome.

Links:

Priority order, central, 5-18-19

Top 5 changes, central, 5-19-19

Balancing to spells, central, 2-1-19 to 5-19-19

Medusa Broken, this forum, 5-5-19

Buff Life Spells, this forum, 5-21-19

Loremaster Nerf, this forum, 4-24-19

Burning Rampage Nerf, this forum, 2-23-19 to 5-30-19

Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
Victoria FireHeart on May 31, 2019 wrote:
Hiya, first off, sorry for not replying sooner! I stopped checking this thread for a wee while after the OP completely misinterpretted what I'd said (I thought I was pretty clear I didn't think she was asking for boosting). Secondly, thank you for your thoughtful and detailed response!

I know many threads start out about 1 spell, but in just a few recent threads there are people wanting nerf/boost or bans on the following spells: (keep in mind these are only threads I can link on here...there are plenty of these threads from sites we cannot link on this forum).

Loremaster
Guardian Spirit
Mana Burn
Bad Juju
Burning Rampage
Fire Beetle
Bolt
efreet
abominable weaver
Samoorai
Savage Paw
Hydra
Scion of Balance
woolly mammoth
handsome fomori
scion of ice
sacrifice
dark pact
lord of night
brulee sucre
wings of fate
scion of life
goat monk
fire from above
king artorious
catch of the day
shadow seraph
brimstone revenant
winter moon
Reindeer Knight
Queen Calypso
Catalan
Leviathan
Keeper of the Flame
Ninja Pigs
Athena Battle Sight
Dimension Shift
Luminous Weaver
Pigsie
Sacred Charge
Gnomes
Doom & Gloom
Headless Horseman
Deer Knight
Dr. Von's Monster
Ninja Piglets
Chimera
shadow shrike
conviction
sabertooth
medusa
sanctuary
life damage bubble
death damage bubble
insane bolt
super nova
storm scion

Fuels (all)
heals (all)
heal boosts (all)
shields (all)
lore spells (all - p2w)
pet resist boosts (all)
health drains (all)
pet heals (all)
minions (all)
dots (all)

This is a HUGE number of spells and barely leaves any as is. No-one can agree on the proposed changes and everyone has their own list and order of priority. No change can be agreed on. I just think it is long overdue that we accept the spells in existance and get creative with fresh ideas to be added instead. If new spells were regularly being introduced OP strategies would be forced to keep changing and adapting instead of stagnating; the most powerful spells and strategies would be constantly changing, allowing variation, differences between schools and levels etc and a constant need to adapt and overcome.

Links:

Wow that is quite a few spells. I see what your saying. Granted a lot of those spells usually only come up once in awhile and are probably those people you've mentioned and I agree are out there, that just want these spells changed so they can win easier. Not because the spell actually needs changes made to it. There is always gonna be some people who do that and usually it's easier just to ignore the complaining about a spell that doesn't need fixing.

I agree that if there was a constant influx of new spells then your scenario of constantly needing to change strategies would be possible and fix quite a few of the problems since spells with no way to counter them right now would have well, counters. The problem with that is it's probably not gonna ever happen. KI makes about 1 to 2 new spells for each school every year and we have to usually wait long periods of time in between to get them. Sometimes the new spell isn't even useable as much as regular spells. Multiple newer spells are attached to jewels and therefore have a 2 to 3 card limit compared to school or even tri blade/shield spells that are limited only by what deck you carry still allowing 5 or 6 of a non-school spell in a deck at a time.

Coding for these spells along with being able to come up with the ideas for them, designing them, and testing them just takes too long it seems for KI to constantly pump them out as way to counter spells previously created. As much as I dislike that pvp is a mess thanks to multiple reasons and spells, I would still rather have good well thought out and created spells than a bunch of mediocre ones made only to counter each other.

A simple idea that would fix a lot for lower level pvp is to level lock the spells. Making your own tc is great for pve and should still be able to be used by lower levels. In pvp however using your tc from your max level wizard is not okay nor fair to people who might be just starting out on their first account. If KI came up with a system that blocked your wizard from using spells (mostly the homemade tc but others like rampage too) that shouldn't be able to be accessed until you were higher level then much of lower level pvp would be more fair.

You can always still buy things in the bazaar but everyone can access that and the cards are not self made and therefore have a lot less damage. This also fixes having access to dungeon drop spells like rampage at lower levels where you shouldn't even be able to get them due to not having access to the world storyline wise and health being so low from low level you die in one hit.

Problems with spells like shadow shrike and max level spells plus spells like loremaster... well either they actually need a nerf, what gear allowed in the arena needs to change, or KI as well as players (because until this last newsletter KI has completely ignored pvp and technically it's their responsibility to fix it not the communitys) need to get more creative. The community coming up with ideas and KI listening to them is how games should workand that they do is great. Ultimately though in the end it's KI's decision on what is right or wrong for their game and just because multiple people want a nerf or ban doesn't mean it will actually happen. However maybe it will get KI to take a closer look at, it see some of the reasons why people are calling for changes, and come up with some ideas themselves on how to best fix the problem.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Victoria FireHeart on May 31, 2019 wrote:

Loremaster
Guardian Spirit
Mana Burn
Bad Juju
Burning Rampage
Fire Beetle
Bolt
efreet
abominable weaver
Samoorai
Savage Paw
Hydra
Scion of Balance
woolly mammoth
handsome fomori
scion of ice
sacrifice
dark pact
lord of night
brulee sucre
wings of fate
scion of life
goat monk
fire from above
king artorious
catch of the day
shadow seraph
brimstone revenant
winter moon
Reindeer Knight
Queen Calypso
Catalan
Leviathan
Keeper of the Flame
Ninja Pigs
Athena Battle Sight
Dimension Shift
Luminous Weaver
Pigsie
Sacred Charge
Gnomes
Doom & Gloom
Headless Horseman
Deer Knight
Dr. Von's Monster
Ninja Piglets
Chimera
shadow shrike
conviction
sabertooth
medusa
sanctuary
life damage bubble
death damage bubble
insane bolt
super nova
storm scion

Fuels (all)
heals (all)
heal boosts (all)
shields (all)
lore spells (all - p2w)
pet resist boosts (all)
health drains (all)
pet heals (all)
minions (all)
dots (all)

Links:

Let me start of by saying that ill have to agree to disagree with your idea. What am saying is that although bringing out new spells that would possible counter certain spells it would be to time consuming, as well as k i already being so stingy right now with making new spells due to their main focus on pve and crown related contents.

Its best to work with what we have now per say and draw a poll on whats need to be done. Spells are outdated in terms of effects etc. The higher in level we go the more requirement are needed for high level spells, and it doesn't look like we will be reverting back anytime soon. So fixing what we have now pvp wise is the in the best interest of the community.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
angellifeheart on May 24, 2019 wrote:
Ice wizards are beyond broken atm were as being S tier there is going to be issues trying to buff ice. I also realize the weakness to ice is the fact that either players are using more ward pet often or having good amount of 40+ pierce. Ice mass resist 65+ while having a good 105 damage 31+ pierce and good utility spells already makes ice at the top of the game. My first time playing with ice I've won 10 rank matches in a row without really even putting much of an effort and 4/10 times i got first. It really comes down to few of these things learning how to efficiently use brace against non balance schools. Having global bubble priority over your opponent increases your out going damage to 140%. Accessibility utility cards like steal wards stuns cool down. In fact ice counters fire really hard if played correctly from first. Victoria also didn't say you wanted people to lose purpose it was actually me and a few others who made that assumption base on the context of your words. Which is why you have to choose your words carefully because critics basically attack on the response you put out and makes judgement base on your arguments But I understand what your trying to say. Best of luck in your pvp matches..
Hi Angellifeheart

on my Max ice wizard i only have 90 damage 60 resist and 31 pierce right now.

If you know where i could get better gear and help me farm for it that will be really greatfull for it.

I never really done ice rank pvp that much so it still kinda new to me.

That why I try asking for help and pictures or videos help me more then reading to be honest.

What the best gear for max lvl ice wizards?

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Barbie934m on Jun 2, 2019 wrote:
Hi Angellifeheart

on my Max ice wizard i only have 90 damage 60 resist and 31 pierce right now.

If you know where i could get better gear and help me farm for it that will be really greatfull for it.

I never really done ice rank pvp that much so it still kinda new to me.

That why I try asking for help and pictures or videos help me more then reading to be honest.

What the best gear for max lvl ice wizards?
Since am rarely on wiz now days due to a combination of many aspects, i don't really have the time to spend grinding so i do apologize on that part but as for set up.'
My gear setup is this:

Hat-Krokopatra Blizzard Fez- Krok -one shots(crown shop)

Robe-Bone smasher robe of Cold- Rattle bones-one shots(crownshop) or unicorn way drop. P.s i usually farm these.

Boots-Lydias frozen Footwraps- Professor pack(120)(crownshop) I get it on cheap deals 199

Wand-Fortune teller's Eternal Gaze- Terror hoard pack(overall good base damage+ pierce and may cast fire hits)

Athame-Wolf Lancent of shivers( Darkmoor,Graveyard first boss)

Amulet-Gem of the Grand Prophecy (Morganthe)(Khrysalis)

Ring- Dueslist Dare Devil (level 100 for pierce and block) Worth 5000 arena tickets (unicorn way)

Deck- Rasputin Cards of Numbing (10% power pip jewel)

Pet- Triple damage double resist Max stats(10,6,6, Dmg)(10,5 resist)

Here is my stats as a whole:
105 damage
65 resist 71 to
25 accuracy
456 critical -30%
327 block-25%
31 pierce
0% stun resist Dont really need becuz i usually stun block first or after brace.
105% powerpip chance
6% chance

My deck build is consist of relying on tc less but has lots of dispels etc on the side
Main deck is the usual bubble, cool down, shields, hits, stuns.

Hope this helps

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
angellifeheart on Jun 4, 2019 wrote:
Since am rarely on wiz now days due to a combination of many aspects, i don't really have the time to spend grinding so i do apologize on that part but as for set up.'
My gear setup is this:

Hat-Krokopatra Blizzard Fez- Krok -one shots(crown shop)

Robe-Bone smasher robe of Cold- Rattle bones-one shots(crownshop) or unicorn way drop. P.s i usually farm these.

Boots-Lydias frozen Footwraps- Professor pack(120)(crownshop) I get it on cheap deals 199

Wand-Fortune teller's Eternal Gaze- Terror hoard pack(overall good base damage+ pierce and may cast fire hits)

Athame-Wolf Lancent of shivers( Darkmoor,Graveyard first boss)

Amulet-Gem of the Grand Prophecy (Morganthe)(Khrysalis)

Ring- Dueslist Dare Devil (level 100 for pierce and block) Worth 5000 arena tickets (unicorn way)

Deck- Rasputin Cards of Numbing (10% power pip jewel)

Pet- Triple damage double resist Max stats(10,6,6, Dmg)(10,5 resist)

Here is my stats as a whole:
105 damage
65 resist 71 to
25 accuracy
456 critical -30%
327 block-25%
31 pierce
0% stun resist Dont really need becuz i usually stun block first or after brace.
105% powerpip chance
6% chance

My deck build is consist of relying on tc less but has lots of dispels etc on the side
Main deck is the usual bubble, cool down, shields, hits, stuns.

Hope this helps
Do you have any friends that have those master or exalted duels?

I don't know anyone with those duels and I would like to do them but i don't know how to get them.

Samantha Max

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Luvdogs99 on May 31, 2019 wrote:
Wow that is quite a few spells. I see what your saying. Granted a lot of those spells usually only come up once in awhile and are probably those people you've mentioned and I agree are out there, that just want these spells changed so they can win easier. Not because the spell actually needs changes made to it. There is always gonna be some people who do that and usually it's easier just to ignore the complaining about a spell that doesn't need fixing.

I agree that if there was a constant influx of new spells then your scenario of constantly needing to change strategies would be possible and fix quite a few of the problems since spells with no way to counter them right now would have well, counters. The problem with that is it's probably not gonna ever happen. KI makes about 1 to 2 new spells for each school every year and we have to usually wait long periods of time in between to get them. Sometimes the new spell isn't even useable as much as regular spells. Multiple newer spells are attached to jewels and therefore have a 2 to 3 card limit compared to school or even tri blade/shield spells that are limited only by what deck you carry still allowing 5 or 6 of a non-school spell in a deck at a time.

Coding for these spells along with being able to come up with the ideas for them, designing them, and testing them just takes too long it seems for KI to constantly pump them out as way to counter spells previously created. As much as I dislike that pvp is a mess thanks to multiple reasons and spells, I would still rather have good well thought out and created spells than a bunch of mediocre ones made only to counter each other.

A simple idea that would fix a lot for lower level pvp is to level lock the spells. Making your own tc is great for pve and should still be able to be used by lower levels. In pvp however using your tc from your max level wizard is not okay nor fair to people who might be just starting out on their first account. If KI came up with a system that blocked your wizard from using spells (mostly the homemade tc but others like rampage too) that shouldn't be able to be accessed until you were higher level then much of lower level pvp would be more fair.

You can always still buy things in the bazaar but everyone can access that and the cards are not self made and therefore have a lot less damage. This also fixes having access to dungeon drop spells like rampage at lower levels where you shouldn't even be able to get them due to not having access to the world storyline wise and health being so low from low level you die in one hit.

Problems with spells like shadow shrike and max level spells plus spells like loremaster... well either they actually need a nerf, what gear allowed in the arena needs to change, or KI as well as players (because until this last newsletter KI has completely ignored pvp and technically it's their responsibility to fix it not the communitys) need to get more creative. The community coming up with ideas and KI listening to them is how games should workand that they do is great. Ultimately though in the end it's KI's decision on what is right or wrong for their game and just because multiple people want a nerf or ban doesn't mean it will actually happen. However maybe it will get KI to take a closer look at, it see some of the reasons why people are calling for changes, and come up with some ideas themselves on how to best fix the problem.
Thank you for your response

I don't think I've ever told you, but I always appreciate your posts You always say things, to me and everyone you respond to, in a really articulate and respectful way even if there is disagreement. I like that a lot

I totally get what you're saying about ignoring the complaining and focussing on the actual issues. I think it can be difficult though, filtering through it all and determining which is which. I imagine that it's hard for KI to work out too. There are such a lot of complaints and sadly in some cases, demands for changes that it becomes a swamp of demands and threats to quit. I think if I were faced with it I'd choose to brush it all aside because it's quite overwhelming.

I've really tried to understand what the PvP community wants and needs. I've tried to get involved at times and got shouted down when I asked genuine questions. My daughter got into PvP for a while and I was keen to be part of that too but when I tried to understand the things people were talking about I got shut out because I wasn't a PvPer.

None of that matters much now but especially as KI have said they're revamping PvP from the ground up I think it is a prime time for the general attitude to take a more positive tone. I don't really understand why the notion of changing spells has become so prevalent. You're right, it is A LOT of spells...and that's just a few threads from the last 4 months. It's overwhelming and even when someone feels very positive in writing what they want, it can feel/sound negative. Most games we never have the luxoury to change rules or ask for what we want, it is what it is. Maybe I'm just showing my age with that statement

I know in the past the idea of frequently updating spells hasn't been done or wasn't possible, but that doesn't mean the all new and improved PvP that KI are working on won't accommodate that. We get sick of hearing how PvP is ruining PvE and vice-versa....maybe KI would be able to add more spells purely to PvP on a more regular basis? We don't know it can't or won't be done until we ask for it....but asking for pretty much every existing spell to be changed is crazy.

Maybe it is time for a new start and new relationship with KI and PvP and the Community? Maybe waiting to see what they're proposing is worth holding back the criticism and demands for a bit and seeing what is being designed? Instead of always looking back and saying everything was a mistake and how it needs 'correcting', maybe we can move forward all together with a more inspired and determined and creative approach?

I'm not saying anyone or everyone is at fault - basically it feels like we're in a rut of PvPers, non-PvPers, and KI...like we're all somehow unconnected when really we're all very much connected and can all work together for the good of everyone. KI looking at revamping PvP is a very positive thing. I'd like to know what they're thinking of doing and really hope the community and KI can work together in a positive way to make it successful and inclusive

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
Victoria FireHeart on Jun 8, 2019 wrote:
Thank you for your response

I don't think I've ever told you, but I always appreciate your posts You always say things, to me and everyone you respond to, in a really articulate and respectful way even if there is disagreement. I like that a lot

I totally get what you're saying about ignoring the complaining and focussing on the actual issues. I think it can be difficult though, filtering through it all and determining which is which. I imagine that it's hard for KI to work out too. There are such a lot of complaints and sadly in some cases, demands for changes that it becomes a swamp of demands and threats to quit. I think if I were faced with it I'd choose to brush it all aside because it's quite overwhelming.

I've really tried to understand what the PvP community wants and needs. I've tried to get involved at times and got shouted down when I asked genuine questions. My daughter got into PvP for a while and I was keen to be part of that too but when I tried to understand the things people were talking about I got shut out because I wasn't a PvPer.

None of that matters much now but especially as KI have said they're revamping PvP from the ground up I think it is a prime time for the general attitude to take a more positive tone. I don't really understand why the notion of changing spells has become so prevalent. You're right, it is A LOT of spells...and that's just a few threads from the last 4 months. It's overwhelming and even when someone feels very positive in writing what they want, it can feel/sound negative. Most games we never have the luxoury to change rules or ask for what we want, it is what it is. Maybe I'm just showing my age with that statement

I know in the past the idea of frequently updating spells hasn't been done or wasn't possible, but that doesn't mean the all new and improved PvP that KI are working on won't accommodate that. We get sick of hearing how PvP is ruining PvE and vice-versa....maybe KI would be able to add more spells purely to PvP on a more regular basis? We don't know it can't or won't be done until we ask for it....but asking for pretty much every existing spell to be changed is crazy.

Maybe it is time for a new start and new relationship with KI and PvP and the Community? Maybe waiting to see what they're proposing is worth holding back the criticism and demands for a bit and seeing what is being designed? Instead of always looking back and saying everything was a mistake and how it needs 'correcting', maybe we can move forward all together with a more inspired and determined and creative approach?

I'm not saying anyone or everyone is at fault - basically it feels like we're in a rut of PvPers, non-PvPers, and KI...like we're all somehow unconnected when really we're all very much connected and can all work together for the good of everyone. KI looking at revamping PvP is a very positive thing. I'd like to know what they're thinking of doing and really hope the community and KI can work together in a positive way to make it successful and inclusive
I agree with you to be honest that why I made this post in the first place to help others out not go against Warlords or Commanders.

I was hoping someone just could be friendly enough to help me get better in rank pvp like a coach that all i wanted or do a 2v2 as a team player which i'm better at.

you where nice enough to defend me and i never asked for it.

So Thank You for defending me when you didn't have to at all.

Samantha Max

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
I'm still not getting helped at all now I feel like I will never get ranked up on my ice wizards

This game is so out of hand even when I ask for help I get told to delete my wizard how is that helping at all?

It took me 2 month or 3 month to farm for winter moon.

And I just finished defeating the storm titan and I don't want to face that boss again later.

I'm a new ice wizard and I don't know what I'm doing and I can't delete this wizard again okay.

deleting is not a option for me.

Please someone just watch my match in a rank pvp match and tell me what to do.

I can't get triage spell on my ice because it never in the bazaar when I try to get it.

And I really need help in rank pvp please just help me for once in yours lives.

Thank you