Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

12 Days of the Spiral

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 25, 2008
I dunno if this is where to put this but am I the only one noticing that the events don't really give anything anymore? All the days consist of you having to buy whatever thing they are offering when they use to actually give a gift. Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I've been apart of Wizard since the beginning.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
Nicole Ravenblood on Dec 30, 2018 wrote:
I dunno if this is where to put this but am I the only one noticing that the events don't really give anything anymore? All the days consist of you having to buy whatever thing they are offering when they use to actually give a gift. Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I've been apart of Wizard since the beginning.
So since I have actually seen quite a few complaints about this this year I took the time to look up past 12 days of the spiral and actually found that WizardCentral has a thread called 12 Days of the Spiral 2011-2017. It lists all 12 days for each year and what the event was for each day.

As it turns out in recent years wizard101 has actually INCREASED the amount of stuff they have given away for free. In the early years 2011-2012 wiz only gave away 3 or 4 items. But in 2013-2017 they gave away 4 or 5 items and I think I even saw a year where there were six days something was offered for free.

This year was no exception. While it's hard to see around the stickers that say offer expired you can count at least 4 days where something was given away for free. Which puts this year right in line with all the other years after 2012.

We should be thankful that instead of only giving away 3 items like wiz did in 2011-2012 that we got four items instead. Plus while technically you can't use it without buying something the discount code is also a free offer. Normally you can't get a discount unless they are having some type of sale and only on rare occasions is it up to 50% off which was a possibility with the code.

I would suggest that to all who complain about this to go check the old links for 12 days of the spiral. They still exist and all you have to do to find them is type in 12 Days of the Spiral (insert year you want to see here) in a search engine to bring them up. Or simply go to Wizardcentral and find the same thread I did that lists everything out.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
As LuvDog so eloquently expressed, instead of complaining that "there isn't enough free items being distributed to us" (odd that one can even think to complain about something such as this), we should instead be highly appreciative for what has been bestowed upon us over the years!

KI has not only increased the availability of free gifts to us but they have also increased the amount of it too.

I can see why KI may feel some type of way doing this as there seems to be no pleasing everyone; no matter what they do.

Most of us didn't have any keys for the recent holiday dungeons, what did KI do? They gave us Keys.

Additionally, if you're a member, they thank you for your support by providing membership benefits monthly; something that was non-existent from the earlier years.

So, please, instead of pessimism, let's display optimism.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
@Luvdogs and @StarEdward

A charm seems so small compared to what I want to do.

Both of your statements are well thought out, eloquently stated, and right on the money.

KI has bent over backwards to reward their players. In a day and age when games are introduced, played and abandoned within a year or two, KI has kept Wizards a thriving game for over 10 years.

Thank you KI for a fun place to lay and for all that you do in return for us.

The Ghoststalker Brothers
Steven 130
Christopher 30

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
Why can't we all be thankful? I mean, really, KI doesn't even have to do 12 days! So, lets just say, that we are all glad that KI does what they do :D