Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Skip Turn Glitch

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
Whenever a battle nearby ends the game will skip my turn. this happens even if i have max amount of time to pick a card for my battle.

please this is enormously frusterating and even deadly for more fragile classes

Administrator
Everelda on Dec 26, 2018 wrote:
Whenever a battle nearby ends the game will skip my turn. this happens even if i have max amount of time to pick a card for my battle.

please this is enormously frusterating and even deadly for more fragile classes
That's an interesting bug, thanks for reporting it to us! What zone/area was this in? Has it occurred elsewhere?

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
it has happened on pretty much any world. stronger chances when its a bottleneck area where lots of battles happen close by. Like the wizard city streets ,zafaria in the savanna or zumunda in the fort, or like the first two mob sets with the life/ice mobs in the Cenote. has also happened in the first parts of avalon.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
also i forgot to mention it doesnt happen every time. but it does require alot of nearby battles and maybe even a more crowded realm

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
This has happened to me as well. I click a card, the system skips me and the NPC uses its' turn. I usually play in Ghoul realm, but it's occurred in other realms.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
Spark sir. i also found another related glitch to the skip turn. so far it only happened in azteca but is related to the skipping that happens when the nearby battles ending cause a skip turn.

Situation is this if the skip turn glitch happens due to the overwhelming amount of nearby battles and graphics going on and rendering with the mobs constantly spawning, and say you start a battle and the monsters join the battle circle at this exact moment that the skip turn initiates they can detach from the battle circle and act as if they were never caught in the circle to begin with. Also if they detach the spot they held does not refill as the position it held is counted as active even if the mob despawns by hitting another full battle circle. also if it returns to its original circle that it glitched off it despawns instead of reattaching.

So far i only saw this in the Cenote area of Azteca as it uniquely has 5 battle circles crammed real close together with a massive amount of mobs constantly respawning between them in the ice/life area.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
Related to this glitch I have selected a card and had a full animation of the attack working but it acted as if i got skipped, left me with the card still in hand, no mana loss, and no damage to the monsters. This tends to happen in a crowded area with lots of things going on nearby and battles ending/starting. Starting battles nearby weirdly triggers things as well i have noticed.

It might also be reading people skipping in other battles nearby as my own battle inputs.

i have had the other things happen from above and it seems to happen in more crowded areas with lots of wizard battles near by starting AND stopping.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
Sparck sir another glitch related to this one is if you are during a spell cast or turn the camera yanks far behind you during battle.

this happens under the same circumstances as the skip turn glitch when a battle nearby ends DURING a turn and when spells are being cast.

so to sum it up to what is happening so far: your turn will skip despite timer and not selecting pass, monsters can detach. spells can cast but do no damage or use resources, and camera gets yanked far behind.

Cause of glitches: to many animations/mobspawn coupled with battle circles ending nearby(and possibly rare cases starting)

where this is happening: any crowded area with atleast one adjacent battle circle. Though not triggered by ALL cases it is happening often enough to test in many of the wizard city areas, azteca cenote area, and any other bottleneck area where lots of wizards are forced to battle closely. i hope this helps your testers figure out how to squash this glitch.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
I know the original person who posted mentioned this glitch happens in Azteca but I'd thought I'd add what I had happen as well. While cenote is probably people's first chance to have the glitch happen in that world I've had it happen in every area of the world over the last week that I've been in it up to Alto alto. Most of Azteca is so close together with battle circles I'm expecting that even once I get past Alto alto I will still have the same turn skipping problem.

I say this mostly because I've literally had this glitch happen in every single world. As the original person said it does seem to mostly have it happen in a bottlenecck area where everything is close together. But I've had it happen when circles aren't even right next to each other. If 3 circles are technically available and one is taken I go down to the far end so the one in the middle does not activate. I still get this glitch if someone has their battle end while I'm playing even though there is a circle in between us.

I'd love for this to be fixed sometime soon it happens everywhere (as in any world) and makes it hard to play with others for fear that if someone else is in a circle you will have skipped turns at really bad moments.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I can concur here.

I've been having this glitch occur to me since last Summer; my first encounter being in Wizard City; Triton Avenue to be exact.

This unfortunate incident re-occurred at Avalon, particularly as mentioned before, there seems to be a battle or two going on close by.

So far, the glitch hasn't cost me any major battles, but I would like the issue addressed before that occurs.