Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bring Moon Polymorphs to Monstrology

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 18, 2010
So we already know that the current Polymorphs are terrible, why not become the minion/boss you extract Animus from? I think this would be a great idea! Please let me know your thoughts of it being the next addition to Monstrology and would it be more popular, used, and useful.

Ex.g for Animus:

Treasure card:
10 Animus 500 Gold

Housing Guest
15 Animus 1000 Gold

Instant Kill
20 Animus 2000 Gold

Polymorph
25 Animus 2500 Gold

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
I don't think it would be useful. Combat, especially against bosses, typically revolves around stacking enough buffs to win in one or two attacks. Enemies don't excel at this; the most notable buff stacking comes from Polaris where some enemies can stack up to around three different blades. Enemies also seem to lack damage enchantments. They have inbuilt damage as of Mirage, sure, but not enough to justify not using a damage enchantment and your own damage stat.

There's also shielding, charm/ward removal, and dispels. There aren't really any enemies who are so much better at shielding than wizards are that it would justify polymorphing into them. Likewise, you aren't going to become significantly better at casting Cleanse Charm or Shatter due to a polymorph, and TCs of those spells are abundant in the Bazaar so you won't have to worry about not having enough. There's some benefit from gaining mastery with a certain school for the sake of cheaper dispels. However, I doubt any enemy in the game would have a deck set up to dispel reliably.

That leaves the only two ways polymorphing into enemies could possibly work out. The first is to become a higher-level enemy as a low-or-mid-level. Which polymorphs already can accomplish, the only thing in their way being that weird level requirement for TCs in the Bazaar.

The last is healing. Enemies don't heal particularly well outside of some very few exceptions (the healer in the Medulla fight, which you can extract animus from). However, healing bosses could be nice for healers who don't have good Resist of their own as their health would substitute. The issue is that polymorphs last for six rounds, in which you'll be open once again.

What I would love to see, in stead of this, would be transformations. Many enemies have cool designs and becoming them aesthetically without sacrificing my ability would be amazing.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
KirstenW101 on Dec 19, 2018 wrote:
So we already know that the current Polymorphs are terrible, why not become the minion/boss you extract Animus from? I think this would be a great idea! Please let me know your thoughts of it being the next addition to Monstrology and would it be more popular, used, and useful.

Ex.g for Animus:

Treasure card:
10 Animus 500 Gold

Housing Guest
15 Animus 1000 Gold

Instant Kill
20 Animus 2000 Gold

Polymorph
25 Animus 2500 Gold
I feel I must say no. It would be overpowered. There are lots of enemies out there that would make battles unfair.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
in MY mind, polymporphs are totally USELESS except for decoration. However, I think if we could pick what race we want to be for our wizards, human, treant, draconian, etc etc, and have it be a cosmetic thing only, that would be fine.