Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Tips and Tricks

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 25, 2016
Here are some tips and tricks for Wizard101 that may help you on your wizarding journey!
Check out Wizard101 fansites! - There are many Wizard101 fansites that have lots of valuable information on the game such as news, guides, and more! You can also interact with other Wizard101 players! Some of them even have contests where you can enter to have a chance of winning special in-game prizes! There are official fansites that are approved by KingsIsle, and plenty of great unofficial fansites as well! You can find the list of official fansites at www.wizard101.com/game/community/fansites/

One of my favorite fansites is the Wizard101 Wiki! You can find all sorts of information about monsters, quests, worlds, and everything else in the game! It's really helpful! Check it out! www.wizard101central.com/wiki/

Use the Team Up feature!
- Some bosses and dungeons are very difficult to do on your own! Teaming up with other players can make those tricky dungeons a lot easier! If you're having trouble finding other players, try using the Team Up feature! When you're about to go on a sigil, click the Team Up button and you'll join/start a team that will be going into that dungeon! Other players who click on the Team Up button on that same sigil will join your team regardless of what realm they're in! You can also join a team at the Team Up kiosk in Olde Town! It's a great way to help other players! You can even earn special rewards for helping other players by talking to Derrick Blaze in Olde Town!

You can learn more about Team Up at www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/new-feature-team-up-8ad6a418446d872301446f03aa601d2b

Build your spelldeck wisely!- You can build and adjust your spelldeck by opening up your spellbook and clicking on the spelldeck tab! It's a good idea to set up your deck differently for different situations. For example, if you're going to be battling regular monsters that you can defeat easily, you could have less spells in your deck since you only need a few spells to defeat them. However, if you're going to be battling a boss monster, you might want to have more spells in your deck since they tend to take longer and more spells to defeat. In general, it's best to only pack cards in your deck that you need!

Those are just the basics of deck building! For more tips and tricks on building your deck, check out this great deck building guide on Wizard101 Central! www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138729

Those are just a few tips and tricks for Wizard101! I hope that they helped you in some way! If you'd like more information or help on the game, check out the Quick Guide or Player's Guide on the Wizard101 website which can both be found at https://www.wizard101.com/game/help! You can also contact Wizard101 customer support at https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game! Feel free to post some of your own tip and tricks for the game here as well!

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
Explorer
Sep 25, 2016
Hello everyone! I'd like to share a couple more tips and tricks that may help you on your wizarding journey!

Use keyboard shortcuts! - Did you know you can press certain keys on your keyboard to open up different menus and use different functions in the game? Memorizing and using them can make adventuring in the spiral much easier and more efficient! For example, you can press the 'M' key to open your map and 'B' to open your backpack. You can see all the different keyboard shortcuts in the Wizard101 player's guide. https://www.wizard101.com/w101playersguide/keyboardshortcuts

Mark your location! - You may already know about the 'Go to common area' and 'Go home' buttons under your compass/navigation button, but did you you can also mark your location and teleport back to the location you marked? By pressing the 'Mark location' button to the right of the 'Go home' button or pressing the page down key on your keyboard, you can mark your location! It will cost a bit of mana so make sure you have enough.

When you're ready to return to your marked location, press the 'Recall to mark' button to the right of the 'Mark location' button and you'll be teleported right on the spot you marked! It's quite useful for questing because you don't have to run around as much. You can only have one spot marked at once and in some areas such as dorms, houses, and dungeons you won't be able to mark your location. You can learn more about marking your location in the Wizard101 player's guide. https://www.wizard101.com/w101playersguide/getting-around3

Feed items to your pet! - I know it sounds a little silly to feed equipment, furniture, and other items that aren't pet snacks to your pet, but you can earn great rewards by feeding things you don't need to your pet! To feed an item to your pet, open your spellbook and go to your backpack page. Next select the item you want to feed to your pet and then click on the 'Feed to your pet' button. You might receive gold, treasure cards, reagents, and sometimes even experience for your pet!

This is a great way to get rid of unwanted items, but there are a few things that pets won't be able to eat such as houses (I mean, unless you're a gobbler king that would take way too long to eat!), mounts (Self-explanatory), fish (Again, kinda self-explanatory...), and other pets (Okay, that would just be downright weird!). If you want to get rid of some of those things you can either sell or discard them.

And speaking of feeding pets items... There's a Wizard101 fansite called the Petnome Project that's developing a list of pet item feeding rewards! You can check out their list to see what items you can obtain and even submit your own pet feeding data to help with the project! They also have lots of other pet resources and information. Check it out! http://petnome.pbworks.com/w/page/27388686/Home

P.S: Wizard101 pets have magical abilities that allow them to eat almost anything, but feeding your real life pets non-food items may not be the best idea. (Seriously, don't do that).

That's all I have for right now! If you'd like to share some of your own tips feel free to to do by replying to this thread!

Survivor
Jan 06, 2021
how do i enable the little text box on the bottom right

Explorer
Mar 04, 2018
celestiagray815 on Jan 9, 2021 wrote:
how do i enable the little text box on the bottom right
You mean the text box that say when you get items and reagents, and can let you chat on? I believe you press, "r", for that to appear.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
Anna Dusk on Aug 4, 2019 wrote:
Hello everyone! I'd like to share a couple more tips and tricks that may help you on your wizarding journey!

Use keyboard shortcuts! - Did you know you can press certain keys on your keyboard to open up different menus and use different functions in the game? Memorizing and using them can make adventuring in the spiral much easier and more efficient! For example, you can press the 'M' key to open your map and 'B' to open your backpack. You can see all the different keyboard shortcuts in the Wizard101 player's guide. https://www.wizard101.com/w101playersguide/keyboardshortcuts

Mark your location! - You may already know about the 'Go to common area' and 'Go home' buttons under your compass/navigation button, but did you you can also mark your location and teleport back to the location you marked? By pressing the 'Mark location' button to the right of the 'Go home' button or pressing the page down key on your keyboard, you can mark your location! It will cost a bit of mana so make sure you have enough.

When you're ready to return to your marked location, press the 'Recall to mark' button to the right of the 'Mark location' button and you'll be teleported right on the spot you marked! It's quite useful for questing because you don't have to run around as much. You can only have one spot marked at once and in some areas such as dorms, houses, and dungeons you won't be able to mark your location. You can learn more about marking your location in the Wizard101 player's guide. https://www.wizard101.com/w101playersguide/getting-around3

Feed items to your pet! - I know it sounds a little silly to feed equipment, furniture, and other items that aren't pet snacks to your pet, but you can earn great rewards by feeding things you don't need to your pet! To feed an item to your pet, open your spellbook and go to your backpack page. Next select the item you want to feed to your pet and then click on the 'Feed to your pet' button. You might receive gold, treasure cards, reagents, and sometimes even experience for your pet!

This is a great way to get rid of unwanted items, but there are a few things that pets won't be able to eat such as houses (I mean, unless you're a gobbler king that would take way too long to eat!), mounts (Self-explanatory), fish (Again, kinda self-explanatory...), and other pets (Okay, that would just be downright weird!). If you want to get rid of some of those things you can either sell or discard them.

And speaking of feeding pets items... There's a Wizard101 fansite called the Petnome Project that's developing a list of pet item feeding rewards! You can check out their list to see what items you can obtain and even submit your own pet feeding data to help with the project! They also have lots of other pet resources and information. Check it out! http://petnome.pbworks.com/w/page/27388686/Home

P.S: Wizard101 pets have magical abilities that allow them to eat almost anything, but feeding your real life pets non-food items may not be the best idea. (Seriously, don't do that).

That's all I have for right now! If you'd like to share some of your own tips feel free to to do by replying to this thread!
lol I always forget to mark my location

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
Magic101850416 on Jan 13, 2021 wrote:
You mean the text box that say when you get items and reagents, and can let you chat on? I believe you press, "r", for that to appear.
no its enter

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
also you need to be over 13 or text chat enabled

Defender
Oct 16, 2014
Coyle IceBalanceSt... on Jan 22, 2021 wrote:
no its enter
Both are correct.

- The "O" key opens and closes the text box.
- The "Enter" key enables the text box for typing and submits any text entered. This will also open the text box if it was closed, as well disable the text box for typing if no text was entered (enable/disable chat key).
- The "R" key will direct the message to the last person that direct messaged you (reply key). This will also open the text box if it was closed, as well won't enable typing if no one previously direct messaged you.