Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The 'Beguiled' spell doesn't work well for AOE

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 02, 2013
I was fighting the rank 13 boss in the mount Olympus fight, and I used beguiled on the doomed bones, who then used the frost giant spell. I that they would go and use it on the boss, but instead they used it on me! I also remember something like this happening in grizzlehiem once when a beguiled monster used fire comets but it hit me instead of another enemy. Please make sure beguiled monsters hit other monsters, or even themselves if they are alone.

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
It's because they attacked the round you beguiled them.

Survivor
May 02, 2013
It's not. It clearly said what move they were about to use, then they attacked, but it hit me instead of anything else.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
So, this brings up an interesting thing. SOME times, beguile goes the same round and sometimes not. Sometimes a confusion or team swap goes this round or goes the next. it should be the same way in ALL cases; either you change sides this round OR next round, not both. I BELIEVE, altho it's been a long time, that when you fight Ponce de gibbon in Saltmeadow Swamp, when he beguiles you, you change sides the round AFTER it happens, so you can still hit this round. I may be misremembering, but I KNOW that sometimes it happens one way and sometimes the other, and it should be uniform. THAT is the important thing, so it can be counted on.