Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 26, 2012
My Wizard101 has recently been crashing more which I have noticed whenever I go to another area or switch characters. Whenever it crashes, to vaguely put, it says runtime error and and something about c++. It always allows me to send a report to kingsisle but I feel like I would be sending it to often. My computer specs are a GTX 1050 and a ryzen 3 1200x. (I have not done any overclocking by the way) I can run games such as oerwatch fine, to be fair they are two completely different games. But back onto crashing, I have to reopen the launcher and then log in which is quite annoying especially if you are in progress of a dungeon. Excuse me if I sound unintelligent here but I have a feeling malware may be a prime cause of the crashing since my computer is decent enough to run modern games. I hooe to have this issue resolved asap so I can finish empyrea without having the game crash. :)

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
just curious, did you delete and reinstall the game? did you contact support? what steps have you taken to fix the issue?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I have a feeling malware may be a prime cause

Run a malware scanner post haste :) Running a normal antivirus couldnt hurt either. Have you dont any windows updates recently? Outside of antivirus stuff, it's also possible the runtime files have become corrupt (though that doesnt tend to happen nearly as often).

Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
You're not the only one who crashes that's for sure, my whole squad ends up crashing atleast once a day. And, we all have pretty high specs when it comes to our Pc's.
Maybe, it's just the quality of the pc in general. I've never heard of some dank laptop crashing.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2012
Hello sorry for the late reply but I have tried reinstalling the game and I have tried lowering the resolution and graphic settings. Nothing seems to be working, I also scan for malware on a daily basis because whenever i afk on wizard101, i just scan with avast. However i havent been getting many crashes lately so the situtation is eh.