Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Get rid of the Crown Milestones.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 03, 2016
By Crown Milestones, I meant The new "Get a Gingerbread Pack for free for every 2990 Crowns you spend" or the Infamous "Get this +55% Speed Mount for Using [ 700 Dollars Worth ] Crowns!"

To which I respond:
…Excuse me? Kingsisle I get that you need money to pay all of your employees and co-workers but I think this is going a bit too far. I will speak Mainly about the Mount In this Post. I dont like the new crowns milestones events that have been going on, I feel like its just an attempt to Milk the Money out of People dedicated to the Game. Making the Crown Milestones Events makes me think that Kingsisle is starting to Sell-Out, I know, I know they still need money but I think its too far. No one, (or at least the Majority of people playing Wiz) Will pay 700 dollars just to get a fast mount. I am sorry for being a little Aggressive, but I felt that this is what was needed.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
" No one, (or at least the Majority of people playing Wiz) Will pay 700 dollars just to get a fast mount."- TheLoyalStorm

You are simply wrong in that assessment. I have seen numerous examples of people spending inconceivable amounts of money on pixelated game items. Thomas Tusser said it the best- " A fool and his money are soon parted." I do agree with your sentiments though.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
TheLoyalStorm on Dec 7, 2018 wrote:
By Crown Milestones, I meant The new "Get a Gingerbread Pack for free for every 2990 Crowns you spend" or the Infamous "Get this +55% Speed Mount for Using [ 700 Dollars Worth ] Crowns!"

To which I respond:
…Excuse me? Kingsisle I get that you need money to pay all of your employees and co-workers but I think this is going a bit too far. I will speak Mainly about the Mount In this Post. I dont like the new crowns milestones events that have been going on, I feel like its just an attempt to Milk the Money out of People dedicated to the Game. Making the Crown Milestones Events makes me think that Kingsisle is starting to Sell-Out, I know, I know they still need money but I think its too far. No one, (or at least the Majority of people playing Wiz) Will pay 700 dollars just to get a fast mount. I am sorry for being a little Aggressive, but I felt that this is what was needed.
In all honesty I think this new gingerbread pack reward is beautifully implemented and has a really inclusive feel to it. It is accessible to almost all paying customers and spending 2990c to get a reward is a reasonable milestone for a bonus.

Keep in mind that 2990c is 10 packs - so it's buy 10, get 1 free as a bonus! There are also 2 charity mounts available that many people will buy. They're 7500c each - buy them and also get a bonus 5 packs!

It's a great way to encourage spending but keeps it reasonable and respectable. Lots of people will be buying packs, also the new packs and the charity mounts etc...it all counts towards each 2990 milestone and the milestone resets instead of encouraging or pushing for huge purchases in a few days.

I really appreciate the way this crown reward has been done and looking at a reward every $3 is much more child/family friendly Don't forget the reward could be a perm mount, pet, energy gear, stat gear or a bunch of other cool stuff...and as a bonus you just can't go wrong!

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
I feel like KI has actually learned from their mistakes with the Night-Knight event. They're offering a small reward for spending a reasonable amount of crowns, which makes them money. They could do worse.