Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Second Chance Pet Training

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 13, 2009
After training numerous pets and watching as others struggle to train their creatures only to see them get unwanted talents at high levels such as epic or mega, I think there should be a crown option for players to retrain a pets from the rank it failed with a chance for different talents. This can easily be implemented with a crown elixer to be applied to one particular pet that becomes available at the rank of epic and above. For example say an ice wizard is attempting to create a pet that has triple attack, double defense. Everything is looking good on the pet tell it reaches mega and after all those precious mega snacks it learns storm dealer. A scenario like this would devastate many wizards and decrease peoples confidence in the hatching system but, with the pet retrain potion players could have more faith they will get the talents they want without having to waste more time and money on pet snacks. Could this work in game? What are your thoughts?

Mason Greenbane Visionary

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
DarkWIZard98x on Dec 7, 2018 wrote:
After training numerous pets and watching as others struggle to train their creatures only to see them get unwanted talents at high levels such as epic or mega, I think there should be a crown option for players to retrain a pets from the rank it failed with a chance for different talents. This can easily be implemented with a crown elixer to be applied to one particular pet that becomes available at the rank of epic and above. For example say an ice wizard is attempting to create a pet that has triple attack, double defense. Everything is looking good on the pet tell it reaches mega and after all those precious mega snacks it learns storm dealer. A scenario like this would devastate many wizards and decrease peoples confidence in the hatching system but, with the pet retrain potion players could have more faith they will get the talents they want without having to waste more time and money on pet snacks. Could this work in game? What are your thoughts?

I think you give an excellent example of why I am against this idea. An ice wizard wanting trip damage, double defense getting storm dealer at mega is training a pet with a dirty pool. They could sink crowns into the pet, waste snacks, energy and time re-training it to mega only to keep finding it doesn't have trip damage, double resist in pool at all.

If KI were to implement a crowns 'cheat' for pet training I don't think it should be after a fail has happened or when a second fail is possible after paying...the crowns 'cheat' I'd consider fair to players regardless of how much or little they know about pets would be a 'sneak peek' where they can pay a few crowns to see what the next talent will be.

The talent can't be changed but if it's good the player can train with confidence and if it is a 'fail' for the pet they're making they can save time, snacks and energy by skipping straight to hatching again...plus they will be using a pet without a 'fail' talent manifested (reducing the chance the talent will pass to the next baby).

What do you think?

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
Victoria FireHeart on Dec 8, 2018 wrote:
I think you give an excellent example of why I am against this idea. An ice wizard wanting trip damage, double defense getting storm dealer at mega is training a pet with a dirty pool. They could sink crowns into the pet, waste snacks, energy and time re-training it to mega only to keep finding it doesn't have trip damage, double resist in pool at all.

If KI were to implement a crowns 'cheat' for pet training I don't think it should be after a fail has happened or when a second fail is possible after paying...the crowns 'cheat' I'd consider fair to players regardless of how much or little they know about pets would be a 'sneak peek' where they can pay a few crowns to see what the next talent will be.

The talent can't be changed but if it's good the player can train with confidence and if it is a 'fail' for the pet they're making they can save time, snacks and energy by skipping straight to hatching again...plus they will be using a pet without a 'fail' talent manifested (reducing the chance the talent will pass to the next baby).

What do you think?
Just because a pet manifests a talent like storm dealer at mega does not mean that the player purposely trained a pet with a dirty pool with the intention of getting a perfect pet on the first try. If someone is hatching, the whole point is to breed out talents they do not want and the only way to do that is by hatching with better pets.The parent pet the person had to begin with may have manifested spell proof, ice dealer, then storm dealer at ancient while the other parent pet could have been perfect with spell defy, spell proof, ice dealer, ice giver, and pain giver at mega. It isn't the players fault if a pet learns all the right talents from baby to epic and then fail at mega because the player did not know what it would learn between storm dealer and the wanted talent spell defy.

So I think having "sneak peak" at the next talent is a great idea it would save a lot of time training pets for players after particular stats but, it should only be available after the pet has reached ranks such ancient and above to prevent players from investing into a pet that could potentially manifest talents like the example given.