Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nearing my 10 Years of Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
After, at the time of this post, nearly 10 years of wizard101 and watching it grow and expand from sense Dragonspyre was the end game, I have seen Spells be buffed and nerfed. Catalan used to be a 5 pip 900 damage attack when it initially came out. I come now to bring a new school into the mix that can be accessed at level 50, after completion of Dragonspyre. Not going to define anything but will allow you to specialize your wizard regardless of school.

Tied behind a new quest given by Professor Cyrus Drake, called Dragon's Spell, you will get to dive into the Dragonspyre lore scrolls and learn how they did combat and cast spells. This will come with a choice of 3 different paths. Path of the Defender, Path of the Life-Giver, and Path of the Executioner. Picking a path will alter your spell and character stats to reflect your choice. Lets use a Storm Wizard around level 50 and the Spell Catalan as Examples.

Picking the Defender
The example storm wizard will see their health double and defenses increase. This path will draw back damage of spells and improve their accuracy. Catalan would lose 100 Damage and will gain a self shield of 25% in replacement of the accuracy negative.

Picking the Life-Giver
Our storm wizard would gain 50% more health and have improved outgoing healing by 30%. This path will draw back damage while causing healing with your spells. Catalan will lose the ability to do damage but instead will be able to heal an ally for 700 and give a 25% Accuracy Charm.

Picking the Executioner
This would do little to our storm wizard as they are always damage, gaining an extra 10% damage, while say an ice wizard would gain 60% damage and lose 25% of their max health. Catalan would gain an extra 100 damage.

Any quest that gives a card based on a school to you, like the Shadow-Morphs (Shrike, Defender, Seraph), will now be tied to your path. School Card Quests will only change the card you gain to match your path. Storm owl on defender path would do 500 less damage and provide the user with a strong, 80% Tower Shield, life-giver would make storm owl cost less and do less damage (6 pip storm owl that deals 1000), and executioner would cause the storm owl to do 2000 damage base

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
That's an original idea.

I don't like it because that erase all the differences between the seven school, an ice can be as strong as a storm in damage and a storm will become a tank with double life 9000-12000 and 60% resist with good gear and pet.

but a path to choose between
damage(+15%dmg; +50 point crit; -10%resist )
defense(+10%resist; +50 points block; +500 hp;-10% damage)
support(+20% outgoing; 30 points critical and block; +10% received )
at highest lvl
could be more acceptable?

Kane GoldenFlamme Storm titan and Lord of New Celestia

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Stormwind 8108 on Dec 6, 2018 wrote:
That's an original idea.

I don't like it because that erase all the differences between the seven school, an ice can be as strong as a storm in damage and a storm will become a tank with double life 9000-12000 and 60% resist with good gear and pet.

but a path to choose between
damage(+15%dmg; +50 point crit; -10%resist )
defense(+10%resist; +50 points block; +500 hp;-10% damage)
support(+20% outgoing; 30 points critical and block; +10% received )
at highest lvl
could be more acceptable?

I would not mind this, but I do want Dragonspyre, and by extent any other school world be it in ruins or in use, to effect our wizard in a tangable way. I want a visit to, for this, Dragonspyre to be a wonder of mystery, interest, and concern all at once. This place was once a hub of dragon riding battle mages and wizards after all. If anything, how about a permanent follower being a drake that grows as you level, making its bonus improve over time

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
why not.

i love that idea of a follower like pirate101 firstmate with some increased stat for your wizard and that fit to something like the bonuses i proposed to you.

and why not a mermaid follower for the storms i'm not very fan of the drakes (or you design your own follower but that gonna be quite hard for developpers at this point)