Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stuck quest?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
Hello, I am here to ask about an issue of mine involving a mainline quest in Mooshu. I was questing with a friend of mine when all of a sudden we're asked to cross the ruined bridge in Yoshihito Temple
Now noted, my friend has a dual mount, owned by him. I was riding on this mount when we crossed the bridge. I had not noticed anything odd, as I was still able to enter into the Tree of Life.
We're doing our normal quest in there as per usual. As we defeat the Death Oni however, we both had noticed something unusual. He was talking to a person that I was unable to talk to, and had a completely different mainline quest than I had.
I still somehow have the quest "Go to ruined bridge in Yoshihito Temple". Crossing it does nothing for me, it simply redirects the quest arrow.
I would like to continue my mainline quest in the game, and would like to ask if there is a solution to the problem.

Thank you for taking the time to read this

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
It seems when you boarded the Two-Passenger Mount, the quest was completed by your friend and not you.

I've heard of this unfortunate bug before; seems more prevalent in Mooshu.

What you'll probably have to do is:

Attempt the dungeon again, this time, not opting to use the Two-Person Mount but instead, one of your own.
Avoid mounts like these in Dungeons; especially long ones.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
Star Edward on Dec 4, 2018 wrote:
It seems when you boarded the Two-Passenger Mount, the quest was completed by your friend and not you.

I've heard of this unfortunate bug before; seems more prevalent in Mooshu.

What you'll probably have to do is:

Attempt the dungeon again, this time, not opting to use the Two-Person Mount but instead, one of your own.
Avoid mounts like these in Dungeons; especially long ones.

Ah! I was unaware that dual mounts had that issue! Thank you for telling me, as well as reading and responding to this post!
I did do the dungeon all over again without the mount just now. Unfortunately the main line quest is still telling me to go to the ruined bridge in Yoshihito temple. (I would show you a screenshot but I am unsure if the forums allow for that)
But going from what you've told me, I'm going to assume it was me being on the dual mount with someone else that might have bugged out my quest? If this ever gets fixed me and my friend will definitely keep this information in mind
Again, thank you for posting. Even if the advice didn't work, you still did post some valuable information.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
MamaKazooie on Dec 5, 2018 wrote:
Ah! I was unaware that dual mounts had that issue! Thank you for telling me, as well as reading and responding to this post!
I did do the dungeon all over again without the mount just now. Unfortunately the main line quest is still telling me to go to the ruined bridge in Yoshihito temple. (I would show you a screenshot but I am unsure if the forums allow for that)
But going from what you've told me, I'm going to assume it was me being on the dual mount with someone else that might have bugged out my quest? If this ever gets fixed me and my friend will definitely keep this information in mind
Again, thank you for posting. Even if the advice didn't work, you still did post some valuable information.
It sounds like you have the bridge showing and can cross it but the quest is stuck thinking you still need to do it? If you are unable to continue in your quest just contact Support and they will credit your wizard with doing it so you can keep going.

It probably was just a bug from being on the duel mount. There are quite a few times where this can happen but it's still pretty rare so don't be put off using the duel mount. I'm almost always on a duel mount and the worst that has happened is a couple of times I've failed to get credit for a dungeon and had to do it again. A glitch that stops you from progressing at all is very rare.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
Victoria FireHeart on Dec 6, 2018 wrote:
It sounds like you have the bridge showing and can cross it but the quest is stuck thinking you still need to do it? If you are unable to continue in your quest just contact Support and they will credit your wizard with doing it so you can keep going.

It probably was just a bug from being on the duel mount. There are quite a few times where this can happen but it's still pretty rare so don't be put off using the duel mount. I'm almost always on a duel mount and the worst that has happened is a couple of times I've failed to get credit for a dungeon and had to do it again. A glitch that stops you from progressing at all is very rare.

I hope this helps! Good luck!
Sorry it took so long to respond to this! I've been a bit busy as of late ^ ^''
Will do! When I get the time, I'll try and contact support.
Again, thank you so much!