Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestions for the Developers part 2

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
5. Allow more crown pets in Kiosk (and lower the crown price). I miss my beast pets and other only crown pets. Ive lost them through hatching and with the failures i have had with my Burning Pixie and Carnation Pixie, trying to keep them over the years, I know it would be almost useless to try and keep them.

6. Packs. I realize you need to make money but you fail to see you would make more if the pack price was lower, say always be 199 crowns (Why do you think Walmart became a super powerhouse retailer, they sell for less). You would also sell more for other reasons as well. Your drop rates are ridiculous. several times i have spent over 60 dollars on one pack trying to get a robe, or mount or wand or spell. I have to say I stopped doing that a long time ago and now ration pack buying and only buy during sales. (and PLEASE get rid of 1 day and 7 day mounts in packs). i do wish you never removed the skyvern pack. I seriously thought about not playing anymore when you did that and no better gear but shoes was forth coming.

7. What is the logic of not having both damage and resist in pack gear? and other gear really. Put both back in Hats and Robes please and keep it in the shoes. Crown gear has become pretty useless outside of shoes. You want to sell more packs, bring back good gear. You havent had any good gear really in packs besides shoes and wands since the Skyvern pack and you took that pack away (i spent more money on that pack than any other). The Turquoise Gear in that pack was great. It was a little known secret. you didn't need to farm water works if you got that gear and a lot of us HATE farming.

8. You did something great with darkmoor gear. it only dropped your school gear. I think the rattlebones type dungeons did this too, can't remember. But you have since reverted back to dropping any school gear in the dungeons since, that you want us to farm (and the gear has also become lack luster and not worth farming much at all)

9. Lower the crown price in the crown shop by half or more. I mean really, 20-30 dollars for a mount? once its made and the development paid for, every dollar spent on it is pure profit. You would sell a lot more and make a lot more money if you dropped the price. again think of Walmart.

10. Give us more wizards. It wouldnt be hard to add 2 or 4 more wizards. and you could do it with a new side world as well. one where we went and restored Dragonspyre. or some other new world with a school. new classes and spells, spell quests (for current schools and new ones. would love to have some of those spells in my spellbooks that we cant have except as TC that are low level and high) etc. would be awesome.

11. More houses. we need more spell school houses. there was an idea i posted before about being able to have a house on a street in the game. please very much consider this and the other ideas. these ideas could help you make more money and make players happy at the same time. i have more ideas but i will stop here.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Caitlyn Darkshard on Nov 30, 2018 wrote:
5. Allow more crown pets in Kiosk (and lower the crown price). I miss my beast pets and other only crown pets. Ive lost them through hatching and with the failures i have had with my Burning Pixie and Carnation Pixie, trying to keep them over the years, I know it would be almost useless to try and keep them.

6. Packs. I realize you need to make money but you fail to see you would make more if the pack price was lower, say always be 199 crowns (Why do you think Walmart became a super powerhouse retailer, they sell for less). You would also sell more for other reasons as well. Your drop rates are ridiculous. several times i have spent over 60 dollars on one pack trying to get a robe, or mount or wand or spell. I have to say I stopped doing that a long time ago and now ration pack buying and only buy during sales. (and PLEASE get rid of 1 day and 7 day mounts in packs). i do wish you never removed the skyvern pack. I seriously thought about not playing anymore when you did that and no better gear but shoes was forth coming.

7. What is the logic of not having both damage and resist in pack gear? and other gear really. Put both back in Hats and Robes please and keep it in the shoes. Crown gear has become pretty useless outside of shoes. You want to sell more packs, bring back good gear. You havent had any good gear really in packs besides shoes and wands since the Skyvern pack and you took that pack away (i spent more money on that pack than any other). The Turquoise Gear in that pack was great. It was a little known secret. you didn't need to farm water works if you got that gear and a lot of us HATE farming.

8. You did something great with darkmoor gear. it only dropped your school gear. I think the rattlebones type dungeons did this too, can't remember. But you have since reverted back to dropping any school gear in the dungeons since, that you want us to farm (and the gear has also become lack luster and not worth farming much at all)

9. Lower the crown price in the crown shop by half or more. I mean really, 20-30 dollars for a mount? once its made and the development paid for, every dollar spent on it is pure profit. You would sell a lot more and make a lot more money if you dropped the price. again think of Walmart.

10. Give us more wizards. It wouldnt be hard to add 2 or 4 more wizards. and you could do it with a new side world as well. one where we went and restored Dragonspyre. or some other new world with a school. new classes and spells, spell quests (for current schools and new ones. would love to have some of those spells in my spellbooks that we cant have except as TC that are low level and high) etc. would be awesome.

11. More houses. we need more spell school houses. there was an idea i posted before about being able to have a house on a street in the game. please very much consider this and the other ideas. these ideas could help you make more money and make players happy at the same time. i have more ideas but i will stop here.
Hi there again mate, Double the post, wow you must be really frustrated to not get what you wanted huh?
I gotta say tho I totally agree with 5-9 but who am I to tell a business how to run their business lol? no matter what you say or do it won't change what's already been in effect for almost 10 years now. Believe me, I've tried and lots of other fellow wiz did too do it change anything? nope, in fact, it just became worst. A perfect example of that was the crowns reward system scam that was implemented as the biggest mistake k i has done and am sure they learn from this. Its simple to say you don't like things here then maybe its time you start investing your time and money in other games. As much as i want to see this game grow back into positivity, it's just a huge crash waiting to happen.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
angellifeheart on Dec 1, 2018 wrote:
Hi there again mate, Double the post, wow you must be really frustrated to not get what you wanted huh?
I gotta say tho I totally agree with 5-9 but who am I to tell a business how to run their business lol? no matter what you say or do it won't change what's already been in effect for almost 10 years now. Believe me, I've tried and lots of other fellow wiz did too do it change anything? nope, in fact, it just became worst. A perfect example of that was the crowns reward system scam that was implemented as the biggest mistake k i has done and am sure they learn from this. Its simple to say you don't like things here then maybe its time you start investing your time and money in other games. As much as i want to see this game grow back into positivity, it's just a huge crash waiting to happen.
What's 'the crowns reward system scam'?

Survivor
Aug 13, 2013
Well, I'll be leaving your game behind, it’s a generally a good game with some limits (although I’d allow mild expletives – Drat instead of Damn, or those type fonts (like Wingdings) as a space filler) but of late it’s become, for me at least, very repetitious. Before I go, I'd like to suggest a few things that might make the game a bit better or perhaps a bit more complex.
Grimoire – The book of spells, incantations, potions, and other protections (also known as wards).
If you ever watched "Charmed" (on TV) a series about 3 good witches, you might have noticed they use a large spell book in doing their incantations (this type of prop is also in the film "Hocus Pocus"). In the fantasy literature of magic there is almost always a book of spells called a Grimoire. In the Film "The Sorcerer’s Apprentice", the book is called Incantus. In the game, the players would need to craft their own grimoire. I'd suggest the recipe comes from the Headmaster upon a players' ascension to level 60. Unlike, most other recipes this one requires the acquisition of at least 24 (or more) reagents and/or previously made objects (like the Spirit Caller Drum, for example). The Headmaster warns the player or wizard that the Grimoire cannot be used until he/she reaches Level 80 (or more). Grimoire as a single item cannot be purchased IT MUST BE CRAFTED (unlike the Monstrology Book or other Monstrology items).
This book has many uses (1) it replaces the normal deck with a book interface that allows a player access to his entire collection of spells and treasure cards during any match rather than rely on the randomness of a single dealt hand from a normal deck. Enchanting the Grimoire with added attributes would make it more valuable to the player. The limitations within the book are a player can only use a spell - 4 times and a treasure card, is, of course, used once and destroyed. Also,time necessary to select a card is reduced from 30 sec.to 20 sec.You don’t give a player all the power.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2013
PT II: Grimoire Cont. -
(2) At the side of the book are several tabs, one opens the "Book of Alchemy" wherein a player can craft any item he/she has seen in the game or submit a request through the interface to craft a very special item, because the request would need to be sent to the Gamemaster Headquarters (or the Headmaster). Where the request is either upheld or denied (probably with a maximum wait time of 7 days or so during which the page is locked with the words "in transit" or "pending"), also the number of reagents or objects required would be a 10 x 10 matrix (or 100 slots not all of which need be filled to accomplish the task). Also a sell price would be included for the items crafted. Why are there so many slots because this type of crafting is supposed to be hard to very hard in execution. In addition, certain reagents should be a crown purchase only, within the Grimoire (got to make a buck some way).
For Example: a player requests a Cloak of Invulnerability which would have the attributes of (across the schools of magic) of 25% resistance, 25% Critical Rating, 25% Blocking, 25% Fighting, 25% to shielding (wards - a +50% shield, if used, will become 75%), plus 2 power pips/round, and I'm certain you could add to this list. When a request for such an item is sent, it might come back with certain parts of the request missing or reduced. For example: the Cloak of Invulnerability recipe might come back with the enhanced critical rating bumped up to 40%, but with -10% resistance and missing blocking and pips. What you’re doing is enabling the player to create gear for his character (avatar) that no one else can obtain through battling bosses, purchase from an NPC vendor or anywhere else. Of course, there would be a fee charged in game gold (TANSTAAFL- There ain’t no such thing as a free lunch. As I learned in my 2nd level Physics class).A sale price for transfer to another player or vendor would be generated with purchase P2P in crowns and/or Game Gold.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2013
Final words:

As a player can run multiple avatars in the game, the player should have the opportunity to share everything he/she has (Treasure Cards, equipment, reagents, game gold and crowns) with his avatars, but not with other players.

At the Start of the Game, the Headmaster should point out that only a team of four can hope to defeat the terrors that have broken the spiral asunder. The Headmaster should also have a chat line (Artificial Intelligent Agent?) that allows a young wizard to ask a question and receive an answer (or be directed to another NPC - Like the potions lady in the Commons for where to find Draconian Scales. For Example: Where do I find (pick a reagent)? Or How do I gather a team for a Particular Quest?, etc. The current Help Tab answers most questions but not questions about tactics against bosses or what Am I up against and how do I prepare my Avatar for best results in any fight.

"He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight. If you know yourself and know your opponent - you should always be victorious.If you know yourself but not your opponent then the issue will be in doubt. If you know neither yourself or your opponent defeat is certain."
From "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu (an interesting book on how to win in any conflict, but it's written as metaphor and only gains meaning when the lines are discussed).

Even Magical Realms should have rules.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
first, i am not frustrated, i love this game. i made these two posts of suggestions hoping to help. if nothing changes i will still play the game.

i do spend a lot less on this game then i used to, mainly because there isnt anything i want to spend money on anymore. packs, which were always bad on drops, dont really have anything worthwhile in them. they dont do boobleheads anymore either, i collected those (i have them all, more than one of each too). i dont really like the house guest, a few are cool but most are, meh. the gear though, should be good. and it just isnt anymore besides a pair of shoes here and there and some wands. hats and robes... just forget it. i like mounts, sure, i would love to collect them. but spending 40-100 dollars on one pack trying to get that mount? or that wand? i spent probably 1000 dollars or more on the skyvern pack trying to get the robe at each 10 level mark. and i missed several. i will never do that again. drop rates are just atrocious. i dont want to get filled up on "rare" tc and 1 day mounts. lowering the drop rates and the price of packs would go a long way towards their profitability and help keep players happy. you all have bought packs, you know it is the biggest frustration to not get the thing you want out of it spending tons of money on it. makes you not want to buy anymore ever.

and this game that is geared towards kids and families, makes it even worse. kids dont have much money themselves and parents dont want to spend a lot on a game. but if packs and such were cheaper and had better drop rates, they would make sooooo much more money.

Defender
Aug 16, 2014
Caitlyn Darkshard on Nov 30, 2018 wrote:

Me too! I really want to get a myth but I can't!

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
any more thoughts and suggestions? i have quite a few more but was hoping others would chime in.