Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestions for the Developers

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
First, i just want to say, i love the game. I have for years. But there are something I truly wish you would do for the game. And i only list them now because I do love the game and want it to be better.

1. STOP LETTING PvP RUIN THE GAME. Sorry for the caps but this is important. So many things we have lost because of PvP. Too many to list, but I will throw this one out there as an example. Extra pips. There was a wand I believe back when Celestia was being tested that had a second pip. It never made it to the game. I am not sure but i was told by others it was PvP that caused it to be removed from the game. Regardless, the shock between Dragonspyre and Celestia is HUGE. Having an extra pip then would of helped. There is no reason you cannot limit or ban things from PvP and allow them for PvE, other games do, why doesnt KI?

2. What is the logic behind hiding crafting quests and gardening quests behind storyline quests? It doesnt matter one bit to the actual game if we can get someone to take us to them so we can do them. And I and most players would LOVE to be able to get the mass plant spell (and others) way before i get more than halfway through Avalon. I still have 5 wizards on different accounts that are planting seeds one at a time.

3. PETS need a major overhaul. Its kind of ridiculous how long it takes to get a pet you want talent-wise. The Kiosk helps a little but not much. I have some great pets but they took forever to get and I have been training pets for years and have tons of snacks from EMPs and CPs. I have been working on a Burning Pixie and a Carnation Pixie for years and still do not have a good one. one, because its hard to get them back (and there are almost no good pets out there of these). And two because they keep failing with unwanted talents. I realize you will probably never revamp this system so why not add something that will help. like being able to select which pet you get back for a crown charge, say 200 crowns. And also, once it reaches Mega, being able to "buy out" a talent. meaning remove it and block it from re-manifesting. then we can train it again and it manifests something else in the pool. and we can do this a many times as we like until we have used up the pool (so a talent we want would have to be in the pool, so there is still a lot of training to get it there) maybe charge 250 crowns each time (dont make it go up for a second time).

4. Make school blade pet jewels more accessible. For most of us, a school blade pet is most important. which makes other pets useless and only good for collectors. you can see this in the Kiosk, the ones with more pets listed are usually blade pets (sharpen blade is good too). Too make more pets viable, we need School Blade Jewels to attach to them. this would GREATLY increase pet diversity and allow players to be able to use a pet because they love the pet look, instead of using only the ones you have allowed to have a pet blade.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I agree that PvP and PvE should have different rules and boundaries that have zero affect on each other. They are two separate kinds of battles and what works in one doesn't always work in the other. No-one doing PvE accidentally finds themselves in a PvP scenario, likewise the reverse. The boundaries and freedoms of one doesn't need to 'work' in the other...they can both have their own style. I think embracing the differences between PvE and PvP could make both even better and encourage more players to try their hand at succeeding in both

Crafting quests have been done very well imo. They're world appropriate, we can port if we want to do them prematurely and they only become level locked when it enables us to craft spells. If we can craft spells early it would reduce the purchasing of packs, which affects revenue. KI have given us Loremaster to farm at any level so we can earn spells without financial costs. I don't think spells should be easy to obtain and think the balance of availability has been implemented well.

Gardening quests should be according to gardening rank imo, but I don't mind that some of the OP spells are reserved as level-locked rewards. In fact the ONLY spell that is level-locked that really makes no sense to me is the Plant-All spell (which you mentioned). The spell uses exactly the same energy as single planting, there is no reward/gardening/energy related benefit. The ONLY benefit is to the player because it takes less of their TIME. It's nothing to do with magic or their wizard, it's literally allowing the player more time to enjoy more of the game instead of standing in their garden planting things one-at-a-time. Plant-All should not be level locked imo.

CONT...

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
...CONT...

Pets - you probably know I'm into my pets and love sharing them I absolutely LOVE the hatch kiosk...and obviously I am going to agree that more pets should be allowed into it! I don't think there should be a crown price at all! I'd like to see all 'old' pets allowed into the kiosk for gold only...as a normal sigil hatch would be. New crown pets should become avalable to the kiosk after they have been in game for 12-18 months to allow new owners their exclusivity and their enjoyment of people asking to hatch, while keeping sufficient reason to purchase the pets from the crown shop or packs etc.

As for school blades on pets - maybe the best way to do it would be introducing stitching of pet item cards? Stitching pets might be a bit cruel haha...but stitching their item cards would be pretty amazing and allow for even more diversity of pets and reignite the enthusiasm about beautifully designed pets who sadly lack the 'useful' cards.

PS. I've got a clean pool, classic max (all bars 250 or above) Carnation Pixie with proof, defy, maycast cycle of life, medic and healer manifested. If you'd like some hatches let me know your wizard name and usual availability (include time zone).

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
Caitlyn Darkshard on Nov 30, 2018 wrote:
First, i just want to say, i love the game. I have for years. But there are something I truly wish you would do for the game. And i only list them now because I do love the game and want it to be better.

1. STOP LETTING PvP RUIN THE GAME. Sorry for the caps but this is important. So many things we have lost because of PvP. Too many to list, but I will throw this one out there as an example. Extra pips. There was a wand I believe back when Celestia was being tested that had a second pip. It never made it to the game. I am not sure but i was told by others it was PvP that caused it to be removed from the game. Regardless, the shock between Dragonspyre and Celestia is HUGE. Having an extra pip then would of helped. There is no reason you cannot limit or ban things from PvP and allow them for PvE, other games do, why doesnt KI?

2. What is the logic behind hiding crafting quests and gardening quests behind storyline quests? It doesnt matter one bit to the actual game if we can get someone to take us to them so we can do them. And I and most players would LOVE to be able to get the mass plant spell (and others) way before i get more than halfway through Avalon. I still have 5 wizards on different accounts that are planting seeds one at a time.

3. PETS need a major overhaul. Its kind of ridiculous how long it takes to get a pet you want talent-wise. The Kiosk helps a little but not much. I have some great pets but they took forever to get and I have been training pets for years and have tons of snacks from EMPs and CPs. I have been working on a Burning Pixie and a Carnation Pixie for years and still do not have a good one. one, because its hard to get them back (and there are almost no good pets out there of these). And two because they keep failing with unwanted talents. I realize you will probably never revamp this system so why not add something that will help. like being able to select which pet you get back for a crown charge, say 200 crowns. And also, once it reaches Mega, being able to "buy out" a talent. meaning remove it and block it from re-manifesting. then we can train it again and it manifests something else in the pool. and we can do this a many times as we like until we have used up the pool (so a talent we want would have to be in the pool, so there is still a lot of training to get it there) maybe charge 250 crowns each time (dont make it go up for a second time).

4. Make school blade pet jewels more accessible. For most of us, a school blade pet is most important. which makes other pets useless and only good for collectors. you can see this in the Kiosk, the ones with more pets listed are usually blade pets (sharpen blade is good too). Too make more pets viable, we need School Blade Jewels to attach to them. this would GREATLY increase pet diversity and allow players to be able to use a pet because they love the pet look, instead of using only the ones you have allowed to have a pet blade.
bout that last one KI, maybe we could.. "stitch" pets? like, you can move all the talents, stats, cards it gives, etc from a pet to another pet so you can get the pet body you want. Theres a lot of cute pets out there that dont give a blade so making a replica of the pet onto another body that's the exact same except for the looks would be great.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018

Hi, there I can't help but give some advice and protest your concerns as stated in your statements.
1) PvP in itself has been always been the endgame content when there isn't anymore storyline, side quest or just a self-take interest one might within there adventure. Its apart of the game and will remain so forever, however, I always have been a bit concern as to the items used in PvE should not affect PVP vice-versa. Am comfortable with us having a start of 5 pips. We always have to consider what is used in PVE will always affect PVP until KI figures out how to add base PVP gears and restrict pay to win or storyline gears in PVP although, I doubt that will happen.

2)Crafting, gardening, and fishing have always been towards leveling and getting through past world to increase spell rank. The logic behind this to me is to encourage people to get a membership for benefits. It also pushes people to go through worlds for higher rank spells if they so deserve it.

3)Although I find your idea of this interesting, I think it's by right we deserve to see what our pets manifested at birth since ki admitted that 5 talents are randomly selected. These talents should be highlighted were by color etc. People would still have to work towards the pets and desires but will spend little to no effort trying to get the talent they need.

4)Not sure how to reply to this one but I can see where you're coming from, but there are many pets available in the kiosk that don't carry blade item cards such as old generation hybrids etc.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
well hiding a craft quest behind a storyline quest in zafaria so players cant get a spell to craft "early" really didnt make any sense when you figure that almost all of the spells you can get to craft in avalon are obsolete by the time you get them, the exception was deer knight (and now maybe pigsie and the ice knight spell).

and really the logic was more, they dont want those spells in lower level PvP, which goes to my number 1.

gardening quests that are hidden behind storyline has no logic behind it at all. if i have a level 30 wizard, that has been gardening like crazy, planting 1000s of seeds one at a time, while i quest other wizards and is over level 15 in gardening... why can i not go get the plant all spell?

and yes, there are a lot of different pets in the kiosk, but go through them. almost all of them are not any good, some not even higher than adult. and i am talking about the pets that are not "popular" because of the spell they have, (popular is almost always a blade pet or some other spell players find extremely useful, usually for PvP). they are only being put in there to basically get the free hatch pepper once a week. my suggestion could help remedy that and really diversify pets. there are quite a few pets, that i think are really cool but i will never train them to get better talents (like the plushies for example, really crappy spell)

as it is now, a new pet comes out and a lot of players might want it... but just to collect one, they never train it up. its too hard and with the spell card (or no card) its not worth the 100s of hours and 1000s of pet snacks to get a good pet.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
Victoria FireHeart on Dec 1, 2018 wrote:
...CONT...

Pets - you probably know I'm into my pets and love sharing them I absolutely LOVE the hatch kiosk...and obviously I am going to agree that more pets should be allowed into it! I don't think there should be a crown price at all! I'd like to see all 'old' pets allowed into the kiosk for gold only...as a normal sigil hatch would be. New crown pets should become avalable to the kiosk after they have been in game for 12-18 months to allow new owners their exclusivity and their enjoyment of people asking to hatch, while keeping sufficient reason to purchase the pets from the crown shop or packs etc.

As for school blades on pets - maybe the best way to do it would be introducing stitching of pet item cards? Stitching pets might be a bit cruel haha...but stitching their item cards would be pretty amazing and allow for even more diversity of pets and reignite the enthusiasm about beautifully designed pets who sadly lack the 'useful' cards.

PS. I've got a clean pool, classic max (all bars 250 or above) Carnation Pixie with proof, defy, maycast cycle of life, medic and healer manifested. If you'd like some hatches let me know your wizard name and usual availability (include time zone).
thank you very much for the offer of hatching :) but i am trying to get a triple/double carnation pixie.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
1) We've been BEGGING for this for years now

2) Because the way they fix things is to put them out in the new world. gardening spells, giving a school a new AoE, etc. They don't ever make a fix and release it for "everybody", they make it so you have to slog through the CURRENT world to get "the fix". I'm just happy they "fix it" at all!

3) Pets, like farming, take forever because somebody, somewhere drilled in the "time versus money" mantra, and they will never stray from it. They are absolutely entitled to make their money, and I enjoy a challenge, but it should just be a little easier

4) The issue with pet & school blades, while I agree with, perhaps can be done in reverse, by adding blades to other gear, then putting what you want to from aan amulet, on a pet (if the jewel exists). I have the L98 school pets which come stock with their respective school blade, and put the dual item blade school specific gem on either my athame or my spell book. My pets get whatever the other thing is that i'm looking for.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
Some other suggestions...

1. Make the Arena Tickets combined for everyone of the wizards on the same account. Like how everyone can use crowns on which ever wizard, make the tickets like that.
I don't pvp on any of my wizards, and a lot of others don't either. If we are gonna get arena tickets for Daily Assignments then it be nice to combine them all so we can buy something if we wanted.

2. Make houses or castles accessible on every wizard. Like I have my Olympian house on my fire and my red farm barn on my myth... I would like my fire to be able to go to the barn without having to pick everything up in the house and put it in the shared bank. Just make it so every house can be accessible to every wizard on the account.

3. Make treasure cards shareable. Be easier just to make them so you can put them in the shared bank like reagents or pet snacks.

4. Why isn't everything sell-able at the bazaar? I still don't understand why you can't sell rare or crowned items at the bazaar if you don't want/need them. Should be able to.
5. Make fish so we can put them on other wizards. I don't suggest that to cheat. I suggested that cuz if you fish on one and pet train or garden one, then one that crafts, and some crafting calls for fish. Also if you like me who has aquariums in one house but you have fish on another wizard, you wanna move those fish.
6. Have a family shared account for everything. I.E. I have a family account with my 2 friends. I don't have a Ice wizard, but one of my friends on the family account does have a Ice. I wanna share the gear that I get for Ice to my friend.
Works also with sharing pets or seeds or anything.
7. I know you get this alot... but why can't we have 7 wizards on one account?? There are 7 schools but can only try 6 of them? Why? You won't lose money. Trust me.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
Another suggestion...

We have castle elixirs backpack elixirs seed vaults gear vaults why not a pet vault or elixir for us collectors.

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
darkangelz13 on Dec 14, 2018 wrote:
Some other suggestions...

1. Make the Arena Tickets combined for everyone of the wizards on the same account. Like how everyone can use crowns on which ever wizard, make the tickets like that.
I don't pvp on any of my wizards, and a lot of others don't either. If we are gonna get arena tickets for Daily Assignments then it be nice to combine them all so we can buy something if we wanted.

2. Make houses or castles accessible on every wizard. Like I have my Olympian house on my fire and my red farm barn on my myth... I would like my fire to be able to go to the barn without having to pick everything up in the house and put it in the shared bank. Just make it so every house can be accessible to every wizard on the account.

3. Make treasure cards shareable. Be easier just to make them so you can put them in the shared bank like reagents or pet snacks.

4. Why isn't everything sell-able at the bazaar? I still don't understand why you can't sell rare or crowned items at the bazaar if you don't want/need them. Should be able to.
5. Make fish so we can put them on other wizards. I don't suggest that to cheat. I suggested that cuz if you fish on one and pet train or garden one, then one that crafts, and some crafting calls for fish. Also if you like me who has aquariums in one house but you have fish on another wizard, you wanna move those fish.
6. Have a family shared account for everything. I.E. I have a family account with my 2 friends. I don't have a Ice wizard, but one of my friends on the family account does have a Ice. I wanna share the gear that I get for Ice to my friend.
Works also with sharing pets or seeds or anything.
7. I know you get this alot... but why can't we have 7 wizards on one account?? There are 7 schools but can only try 6 of them? Why? You won't lose money. Trust me.
i agree with number 3 idk why this hasnt been a thing for a LONG while now it'd help a ton

about number 7 this has been talked about for idk maybe 4 years now the usual answer is that its way too time consuming for the developers to even try even though they want to give it to us.. just gotta pray and hope they add a 7th wizard slot for free or in the way of making it happen through buying a potion in game like with the lvl 50 potion or backpack enlargement potion

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
Thought of another suggestion I didn't add previously...

When leveling pets.. Have a crowns option to see what the next talent will be at epic or mega. Or a re-roll option for crowns.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
iouman2013 on Dec 15, 2018 wrote:
i agree with number 3 idk why this hasnt been a thing for a LONG while now it'd help a ton

about number 7 this has been talked about for idk maybe 4 years now the usual answer is that its way too time consuming for the developers to even try even though they want to give it to us.. just gotta pray and hope they add a 7th wizard slot for free or in the way of making it happen through buying a potion in game like with the lvl 50 potion or backpack enlargement potion

they do want to?? it be nice if they actually did it. i'd even buy a potion if that's how they wanted to do a 7th character slot.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
well need more replies guys. post your thoughts on what ive suggested, post your own suggestions. there are tons of you that agree with me, ive talked to a lot of you in game and in groups. but if you dont make yourselves heard, nothing will happen. it might not happen anyway but we have to try.

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
iouman2013 on Dec 15, 2018 wrote:

Also in-game trading (of gear etc).

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
Update badges.. On the hatching badges, it doesn't say how many hatches til next badge.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
Make it so when transferring pets in and out of the shared bank, we do not lose energy.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2012
I have played Wizard 101 for many years. It is the best game I have ever played.
My membership is coming up for renewal and I am now retired. It would be so great
if you offered a discount on the yearly membership for loyalty and free crowns. I have met any older people on Wizard 101 who would appreciate a break on the membership. Please consider my suggestion
Thank you and happy Wizarding.

Delver
Aug 21, 2013

Some interesting ideas, Caitlyn.

1. I think they are letting PvP ruin the game because of the crafting quest which requires you to PvP in order to complete it. As for restricting cross-playing of items, I'm sure there was more than just that as the reason for not introducing the said wand into the game. If it was the only reason, then don't you believe that they would have gotten around to introducing it by now, since PvP does have ways of restricting things? It wouldn't be anything new to limit the use of such a wand, meaning that it's not really a factor in it's failure to appear.

2. I think people crafting their way up to the point of Celestia, without actually questing, may have played a role in the crafting quests becoming locked to the main quest line. For the gardening, though, I agree that they should do something different. Perhaps only require a certain gardening level before being able to do a quest to unlock a gardener in a world. Increase the gardening level cap to something like 50 or more, then set up the quests for gardeners to be based solely off of that.

3. Being able to remove/block an ability would be nice. However, can only do it at Ultra, only be able to remove one ability at a time (talent OR derby), have to train 2,000 points to get a different ability unlocked. Also, costs maybe 499 crowns each time you remove/block a developed ability.

4. I think a nice change would be to have all pets come with two jewel spots, one as it currently is, the other a "double star" with a pre-included jewel (so pets essentially are unchanged from how they are now). The double star shaped jewels could be swapped among different pets so you get the pet and item card(s) you want. Would be separate from the current regular star jewel socket.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
Love all the suggestions in the chat. Just hope KI reads them and does something with them.

To add another:
Add more slots to the Hatching/Pets on the time slots. There's numerous crafting slots, why not more pet slots?

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
Increase the size of pets we can put in or outside the house. We have a brick-a-brac potion, yes, but that doesn't count with the pets. Make a potion to add more pets. Also more mounts.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Stop letting PvE ruin PvP.

KI has already made changes to one without inmpacting the other, for example critical which is capped in PvP but not PVE and the recent change to bad juju.

Let's face it, nerf after nerf, after nerf in PvE has made it mindless, the reason pvp is junk these days is because are wizards are so overpowered now to allow people to play the game and basically ignore all game mechanics.

I have no objection to splitting the 2, perhaps PvP would actually get the attention it deserves, it is the only end game content after all.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Fangs McWolf on Jan 17, 2019 wrote:

1. I think they are letting PvP ruin the game because of the crafting quest which requires you to PvP in order to complete it. As for restricting cross-playing of items, I'm sure there was more than just that as the reason for not introducing the said wand into the game. If it was the only reason, then don't you believe that they would have gotten around to introducing it by now, since PvP does have ways of restricting things? It wouldn't be anything new to limit the use of such a wand, meaning that it's not really a factor in it's failure to appear.

2. I think people crafting their way up to the point of Celestia, without actually questing, may have played a role in the crafting quests becoming locked to the main quest line. For the gardening, though, I agree that they should do something different. Perhaps only require a certain gardening level before being able to do a quest to unlock a gardener in a world. Increase the gardening level cap to something like 50 or more, then set up the quests for gardeners to be based solely off of that.

3. Being able to remove/block an ability would be nice. However, can only do it at Ultra, only be able to remove one ability at a time (talent OR derby), have to train 2,000 points to get a different ability unlocked. Also, costs maybe 499 crowns each time you remove/block a developed ability.

4. I think a nice change would be to have all pets come with two jewel spots, one as it currently is, the other a "double star" with a pre-included jewel (so pets essentially are unchanged from how they are now). The double star shaped jewels could be swapped among different pets so you get the pet and item card(s) you want. Would be separate from the current regular star jewel socket.
How is forcing people to do pvp ruining the game? if your already forcing people to do the story line to level lol? In fact i think its a good concept and tournaments quick matches are way more easy to accomplish ticket win or lose. I just wish they balance pvp asap.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Fangs McWolf on Jan 17, 2019 wrote:

Loving this pet idea but if this reaches towards this point pets should be band from pvp . As you may know their already a jewel for 20 bucs that gives may cast brace or infallible with extra stat. I believe it would be more easier to highlight pet talents from birth, this would allow us to see if our pets are worth training. Training takes time and we can all agree when a pet failed thats a waste of time, snacks and energy.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Victoria FireHeart on Dec 1, 2018 wrote:
...CONT...

There is no such thing as a clean pool pet. They all come with 10 talents 5 of which you want and 5 of which you don't. Maybe sometimes that 1 or 2 you don't care for having.