Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School Specific Gear Drops

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 04, 2018
This has probably been talked about, but I haven't found any. Bosses that drop school specific gear should drop your school's gear more frequently than off school. Take the Mimic for example (and I'm only using him because He's what I've been trying to farm for days on end with no luck whatsoever) drops a ring for every school but never seems to drop the ring for your school. Also, since he requires a gold skeleton key every time you fight him which means you have to farm other bosses as well to get this ring, I would think that the ring for your school should drop more than other schools. I'm a fire wizard and I've collected almost all of the schools rings except fire, ice, and balance and I've used all the keys I've collected over the course of the game. Now, not only do I need to go farm a boss for more keys, I have to continue to farm this extremely hard boss for more stuff that I don't need or want until the ring I can actually use finally drops. Or maybe give the Mimic a chest that takes crowns. Just some suggestions.