Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fix Wings of Fate

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
As many of you know, Wings of Fate is a terrible Life spell. Here is all KI needs to do to fix it:
1. Make it 700 base damage to all enemies without DOT
2. Have it heal 400 to all friends without heal over time

I want to see this spell become good, so they just need to make these simple changes to help life become better in the third arc.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Brian ShadowTail on Nov 12, 2018 wrote:
As many of you know, Wings of Fate is a terrible Life spell. Here is all KI needs to do to fix it:
1. Make it 700 base damage to all enemies without DOT
2. Have it heal 400 to all friends without heal over time

I want to see this spell become good, so they just need to make these simple changes to help life become better in the third arc.
Hello, their mate Angellifeheart passing through. I could not but to help comment on your post and I fully agree with your idea to make it 700 base damage in all fairness 525 damage is too weak for a 6 pip shadow spell. However, I prefer to keep the overtime by splitting 700 in 50+650 over 3 rounds with a 50+450 base heal overtime to all friends.
That seems a bit more balance to me and I'll explain why; 1. it should do more damage than forest lord, 2. It already has a heal that's sustainable. 3. It's not spam-able and helps get through shields fairly. not being bias for life but compared to other schools their 6 pip shadow spells deal a fair amount of damage.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
It does not need a buff it needs to have a detonate on it on round 2 like rampage. Giving it more damage would make it stronger then LULU. As life Is a healer that is already op it does not need a increase.

Turning the 300 into a dot with a second round detonate solves it.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Lukeskywalker1313 on Nov 18, 2018 wrote:
It does not need a buff it needs to have a detonate on it on round 2 like rampage. Giving it more damage would make it stronger then LULU. As life Is a healer that is already op it does not need a increase.

How on earth does that make it stronger than Khrulhu?

Epic Khrulhu does 1030 base damage for 5 pips/1 shadow pip, and gives half the damage dealt back to the caster.
The suggested effect would be 1000 base damage for 6 pips/1 shadow pip and a 400 heal. Obviously this is a better group healing tool, but it's not going to be bringing someone back from the brink of death like Khrulhu can. Heck, even Pigsie heals more!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
This request been going on since the spell came out. Why do some of us life wizards feel we are being ignored? When Kingsisle created "wings Of Fate" to be DOT, Have they forgotten that most of thier Wizard101 game players use feints on bosses and it's minions in higher level worlds making the spell useless for to many in a team? I play a few life's and I can't use "wings Of Fate" because I would destroy feints with a small amount of damage in front the main hitter eyes who's looking for a kill. I might as well do a wand hit or It's the same as taking away 2 of his/her blades and/or preventing them to cast up more. That's a good way to loss your team, leaving you to flee or battle alone towards your own defeat. Too ofen I try to cast that spell and the response I get is; "don't use that spell on my feint. For "Wings Of Fate" being a shadow enhance and takes 6 pips, Please get rid of DOT and buff the damage/heal

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013

I wouldn't like a detonate, as my idea was to make it better than Forest Lord. It would still be a decently strong spell, and would still heal to represent what life is about. Though, keeping it a dot with a second round detonate still makes it incompatible with traps, and it still is weaker in damage than Forest Lord. Usually with dot spells, they do more damage overall than a normal attack spell, but the catch is you have to wait a few rounds for the damage to eventually finish. Even it being a 6 pip shadow enhanced spell, and it doing damage over time, is still is ultimately weaker to the 8 pip Forest Lord. I never had a life wizard, but I can kind of understand the feeling of being ignored with something good as someone who used a myth wizard through the second arc, and really felt bad for life after seeing Scion of Life. Maybe the healing can stay as overtime, but at least they should make the damage 700 without overtime. I personally like Wings of Fate's animation, so to make it such a terrible spell annoys me.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018

Hi there mate not sure why your comparing schools again were not trying to be

bias here, and second of all lulu is 5 pips not 6. I could care less about swan healing but it does need a buff in damage thats a fact and you dont know whats its like to not have a aoe spell in pve that does no damage its terriable especially having to relly on forest lord. This spell needs to be look at.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Robobot1747 on Nov 19, 2018 wrote:
How on earth does that make it stronger than Khrulhu?

Epic Khrulhu does 1030 base damage for 5 pips/1 shadow pip, and gives half the damage dealt back to the caster.
The suggested effect would be 1000 base damage for 6 pips/1 shadow pip and a 400 heal. Obviously this is a better group healing tool, but it's not going to be bringing someone back from the brink of death like Khrulhu can. Heck, even Pigsie heals more!
Exactly

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Patrick Ravenbane on Nov 19, 2018 wrote:
This request been going on since the spell came out. Why do some of us life wizards feel we are being ignored? When Kingsisle created "wings Of Fate" to be DOT, Have they forgotten that most of thier Wizard101 game players use feints on bosses and it's minions in higher level worlds making the spell useless for to many in a team? I play a few life's and I can't use "wings Of Fate" because I would destroy feints with a small amount of damage in front the main hitter eyes who's looking for a kill. I might as well do a wand hit or It's the same as taking away 2 of his/her blades and/or preventing them to cast up more. That's a good way to loss your team, leaving you to flee or battle alone towards your own defeat. Too ofen I try to cast that spell and the response I get is; "don't use that spell on my feint. For "Wings Of Fate" being a shadow enhance and takes 6 pips, Please get rid of DOT and buff the damage/heal
No! lol the Dot should stay what they should have done was give us a damage life spell, not more healing trees.
Wiz has to be careful to what spells they make on life.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
I don't see why people don't like Wings of Fate... I personally use it more than any other spell when I'm soloing. It offers plenty of damage while still maintaining enough health for the next three rounds.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2011
700 base damage? and healing without HoT??
what if they shield? what if one of your teammates gets damaged second round?
in my opinion wings of fate is so good like that

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
angellifeheart on Nov 21, 2018 wrote:
No! lol the Dot should stay what they should have done was give us a damage life spell, not more healing trees.
Wiz has to be careful to what spells they make on life.
Then how can a life wizards use "Wings Of Fate" in a team that uses feints? From my expirence, If I or sum others cast that spell on feints, the team won't only get upset, they may flee as well. Would that be fair to Life wizards who's trying to quest that reqires a Team? Most main hitters don't want their feints destroyed on a spell like that unless you can to a good solid hit in each round for a kill.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Cinderpelt3051 on Nov 21, 2018 wrote:
I don't see why people don't like Wings of Fate... I personally use it more than any other spell when I'm soloing. It offers plenty of damage while still maintaining enough health for the next three rounds.
Only those who use "Feints" in a Team battle generally don't like "Wings Of Fate". It messes up their attack for a kill.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
jafar00201020 on Nov 21, 2018 wrote:
700 base damage? and healing without HoT??
what if they shield? what if one of your teammates gets damaged second round?
in my opinion wings of fate is so good like that
It is a good spell to solo with but not in a team of wizards uising feints. Now in days I rarely come across one who doesn't use them. Game players rather see Life Wizards keep up with the healing by "Unicorn", "Rebirth" and " Pigsie" than seeing their feints get destroyed by a very low damaging spell unless the team rely on Life to be a main hitter. There's usually someone in a team to take out the shields for the main hitters from a wand hit, "Shatter" or "Pierce" spell

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Am in favor of making it a mass damage spell however for 1shadow6 pips damage should be higher than Forrest lord by right, but because it has a base 525 heal 725-820 damage sounds fair enough enchanted epic would bring it up to 1025-1130. For a mass damage spell, I'd say that's better than nothing.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Most of the arguments for "fixing" WoF have been made over and over. I use WoF on a regular basis because it heals and damages at the same time. (Wonderful for soloing) It also Hits and heals EVERYONE. Which is nice when in a team.

Would it be nice for a boost on both? yes but then that's what gear, blades, traps, and auras are for.

For those who are complaining that WoF is too OP as is. I'm sorry that you are so insecure in your school that you have to imagine that Life Wizards are capable of hitting better than you.

Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
Jan 10, 2012
A small spell change like, it "does not" use up team feints, would make it very use full teaming situations.
Then i can heal team, and damage the enemy, without destroying the team's boss takeout setup.