Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Update to how to get pips

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
With the new spells pip cost, and the fact that it is still possible to have a string of white pips even with high PP%, I think an awesome update would be that when you have your max pips, any time you get a pip, it should add to a regular pip and convert it to a power pip. So, if I have 3 white pips, and 4 yellow pips, the next round it would convert 1 white pip to a yellow pip. This would make me have 2 white pips and 5 power pips. keep repeating this until all pips are power pips. This way, if we get the "curse of the white pip", and we plan on using these new 11 pip spells, we don't have to waste time casting a junky spell in order to make room for new pips, which could continue to be white pips. The way it is now, we CAN be locked out of casting a high rank spell due to the "curse of the white pip", but with my method, we just keep waiting and eventually, we'll convert all whites to yellow pips.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2012
That’s literally pip conversion... a mechanic already in the game.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Pip conversion requires a spell to be cast. I'm asking for this to happen BEFORE a spell is cast.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2012
dayerider on Nov 9, 2018 wrote:
Pip conversion requires a spell to be cast. I'm asking for this to happen BEFORE a spell is cast.
That’s why!! Here’s a quote from the wizard101 update page.

“Second, when all seven pip slots are full and some of your pips are single pips rather than power pips, the Pip Conversion stat will occasionally turn one of your white pips into a power pip at the start of the planning phase.”

See...

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Snowblade20132012 on Nov 9, 2018 wrote:
That’s why!! Here’s a quote from the wizard101 update page.

“Second, when all seven pip slots are full and some of your pips are single pips rather than power pips, the Pip Conversion stat will occasionally turn one of your white pips into a power pip at the start of the planning phase.”

See...
well heck, either I didnt know this, or forgot it since it's such a new mechanic

Explorer
Dec 26, 2012
dayerider on Nov 9, 2018 wrote:
well heck, either I didnt know this, or forgot it since it's such a new mechanic
Pretty hidden considering most fights are very short and we have a high PP chance