Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Looking for older players to play with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 07, 2013
Hi I'm Jill I'm 21 and I love this game. I just feel kinda awkward talking to anyone in game because I'm probably older then most players. If anyone who's over 18 wants to play with me let me know ok? Message me or something in not sure how these work yet. Btw I've been playing this since I was 14 I think

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
QueenOpen on Oct 31, 2018 wrote:
Hi I'm Jill I'm 21 and I love this game. I just feel kinda awkward talking to anyone in game because I'm probably older then most players. If anyone who's over 18 wants to play with me let me know ok? Message me or something in not sure how these work yet. Btw I've been playing this since I was 14 I think
Good morning! I'm not sure if you have tried to check this on any of the fansites. Replies might be quicker (in real time) without the delay (going through moderation). They also have a "Visitor Messaging" and a "private Messaging" setup there.

You might want to start with the Wizard101 Central Fansite here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/

There is no cost to sign up / open an account. And it is a very friendly Community. :)

You can start with a few different Forums on that site, like these:

The Fairegrounds (to discuss any Wizard101 related);

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?6-The-Fairegrounds

In-Game Quest Help or Meetups

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?8-In-Game-Quest-Help-and-Meet-Ups

And that site also has a fantastic "Wiki Section". It is "the largest and most comprehensive Wizard101 Wiki for all your Wizard101 needs! ..."

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Wizard101_Wiki

Hope that helps.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
QueenOpen on Oct 31, 2018 wrote:
I'm happy to connect...if I'm not 'too old'

...but hear this too...

When I first started playing W101 it was my first MMO. Since then I've had a wee shot at a few others but nothing compared to W101 - the atmosphere, the community, the upbeat and quirky music and themes etc...I never lasted more than a day of people trying to get me to something 'more challenging' and 'better' before I was pining for my wizards

Something I was very anxious about with was the whole 'I'm-an-adult-these-are-kids' thing! I faced the elephant in the room by making absolutely sure everyone knew I was an adult before they started opening up or thinking I was part of their usual peer group. I'm not sure it even changed anything back then, partly because I was questing with my teenager so I was kind of seen as 'the cool mum' lol

However, as my daughter got more into other activities and we were in game, sitting side by side irl but doing different things, we met different people in game...and now she's on a wee break from Wiz for irl adventures I am still here so I am meeting people who don't even know her at all! What I've found is that no-one really cares about age. I don't do the paranoid letting them know I'm an adult and reminding them in case they forgot...most guess I'm older because of 'how you speak' (I have open chat but don't do abbreviations and 'text speak' haha) and no-one's cared about it...it's been really nice actually

Most people in game just want to meet people who are cheerful, enthusiastic about wizardy stuff and can have a laugh about things...I guess my inner child enjoying making immature 'dad jokes' etc pays off there

What I am saying is that it was MY concern over age differences that was the inhibiting factor and having stopped thinking about it things are fine It's kind of amazing to be friends with the people who will be running the world after I'm long gone lol

LMK if you'd like to connect and if not, I hope you find really lovely friends

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Greetings,

How old is too old? All but one of my kids are older than you and we quest together all the time. 8-)

If questing with a Grandfather isn't out of the question, then I would love to help you out.

I will caveat by saying that my wife's new work schedule has left me questing at odd hours and I've missed the last three scheduled meet-ups because I couldn't get online in time.

Steven 125
Christopher 12
The Ghoststalker Bros.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2011
Hiya everyone, looking for those players that are way older than their twenties. I'm one of the few older ones playing Wizard 101 I'm Alura Stormwalker, Neela Moonstone, Calamity and Paige. I have two others but don't play them as often. Feel free to add me as a friend if you see me on line.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
Well I am 19 I generally not a social person to play with others, but where is a will is a way.

Try to avoid Ambrose server if you want to avoid kids. Pro advise. Most adults play on pixie, and sunbird if your in states, and banshee, and woo if you in common-law countries.

Don’t know why it is just something I picked up from playing game x times. You will thank me later maybe.

See you guys in the spiral Luke Shadow Thorn