Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Problem with Bundle redemption

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 06, 2018
Hey guys, here's what happened...

When I came back to this game in early September, I created 2 accounts because Wizard101 and Steam required different log-ins. However, I only used my Wizard101 account from the beginning, since I wanted to keep my username, leaving my Steam account empty with no characters and no activity at all. I haven't logged in there ever since.

I recently bought a Battlemage bundle from GameStop, and redeemed it on my main account which would be on Wizard101.

After a day of wait and some talking with support online, I finally figured out that my gifts went to my Steam account and not my Wizard101 account. Leaving me with a bundle on an account that I never used. I had to recover password on my Steam account because I have never used it before and completely forgot about its log-in info. Turns out that both of the accounts are somehow linked to the same e-mail... I didn't even know it was possible.

So when I redeemed my bundle under my main account that I always use to play and that has my characters on it, the gifts went to that second account that I have never logged into...

Did something like this ever happen to any of you before?
Support doesn't reply to me anymore, and I'm out of ideas on what to do here... I don't want my money to go to waste

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Lumenoir on Oct 4, 2018 wrote:

When I came back to this game in early September, I created 2 accounts because Wizard101 and Steam required different log-ins. However, I only used my Wizard101 account from the beginning, since I wanted to keep my username, leaving my Steam account empty with no characters and no activity at all. I haven't logged in there ever since.

I recently bought a Battlemage bundle from GameStop, and redeemed it on my main account which would be on Wizard101.

After a day of wait and some talking with support online, I finally figured out that my gifts went to my Steam account and not my Wizard101 account. Leaving me with a bundle on an account that I never used. I had to recover password on my Steam account because I have never used it before and completely forgot about its log-in info. Turns out that both of the accounts are somehow linked to the same e-mail... I didn't even know it was possible.

So when I redeemed my bundle under my main account that I always use to play and that has my characters on it, the gifts went to that second account that I have never logged into...

Support doesn't reply to me anymore, and I'm out of ideas on what to do here... I don't want my money to go to waste
Were support ever replying to you about this? If so, what did they say? If not, they might not have received your ticket or may believe it has been resolved.

I'd recommend contacting support again and seeing if there is anything they can do about it. I am unsure whether KI has full access to Steam accounts, I'm not sure how it works and it could be there are 2 separate support systems? If this is the case it might be complicated to sort, but the KI Support team must be able to sort it even if it is applying the bought items to your account manually and having them deleted from the other account (possibly getting the entire steam account removed since you don't want/use it). This may be a big job so please be patient with them as they try to resolve it for you.

I'd contact them, explain what happened, include evidence of the purchase and details of the two accounts. Keep an eye out for emails asking for more information, this is likely to be required since it's relating to 2 different accounts and not as straight forward as most issues they deal with. Be patient and only use one support ticket reference so it doesn't become even more complicated.

Maybe Sparck has some advice on this? Spaaaarck! We neeeeed you!!!!

Let us know how you get on and good luck!

PS. When you contact support you should get an auto-message to your email with the ticket number and letting you know they have received your message. If you don't get this then they haven't got your message. I find it easiest to contact support by logging in to wizard101.com and going to 'help and support'.

Administrator
Lumenoir on Oct 4, 2018 wrote:

Hi Lumenoir! Please email our support team at support@wizard101.com to check on this for you.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2018
Thanks for the replies!

Support got back to me today, I guess their working hours were over then!

I sent them the information they needed to verify everything, and they re-activated my card so I can use it in the right account ...

The thing is I remember clearly redeeming this card in the right account as I didn't even know the password to the ghost account under my e-mail. So now I'm kinda afraid to do it again wondering if the same thing might happen

I've asked them to close the ghost account to make sure it doesn't...

Now then, support was very helpful! I'm waiting on their reply to redeem my card

I guess we could say everything ended well

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Lumenoir on Oct 5, 2018 wrote:
Thanks for the replies!

Support got back to me today, I guess their working hours were over then!

I sent them the information they needed to verify everything, and they re-activated my card so I can use it in the right account ...

The thing is I remember clearly redeeming this card in the right account as I didn't even know the password to the ghost account under my e-mail. So now I'm kinda afraid to do it again wondering if the same thing might happen

I've asked them to close the ghost account to make sure it doesn't...

Now then, support was very helpful! I'm waiting on their reply to redeem my card

I guess we could say everything ended well
That's awesome! I knew Support would do their magic and sort it out for you! I've always found KI Support to be exceptionally helpful, and upbeat and cheerful with it!

I hope you're enjoying your new bundle soon!