Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Headless Horseman Struggle

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 01, 2011
So does Anyone Know what the chances of getting headless horseman is? I have burned through over 40000 trying to get it so far!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I was somehow hoping to see this spell finally be added to the list of possible crafted spells or even as a boss drop from special Halloween Bosses such as Baron!

Now, with this what may seem like a distant dream, like you, I took to the packs.

It took me about 50,000 in crowns to finally get the spell on my

The pack is only for 299 as opposed to 399, so I was thinking at about, say 11,000 crowns in, I'll be successful?

Nope.

I got about seven epic mounts before finally learning the spell. I was stoked, yes, but to see 50,000 crowns disappear like that; was a bitter sweet moment.

I was probably among the unlucky, it seems you are too.

One thing I've noticed for sure though is that the frequency of obtaining Permanent Mounts from packs seems to have increased.

Good Luck..

Hang in there!

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
Not meaning to disparage you from spending crowns to get the spell, but the spell has been dropping fairly easily the last few days from LoreMaster. I was able to get it from fighting LoreMaster yesterday for two characters. It took about forty battles for the first character to get it (and I also got about a dozen headless horseman treasure cards before getting the actual spell). For the second character, it took about twenty tries.

So if you want the spell, I suggest you spend a few hours fighting Loremaster to try and get it. Lots of people are there right now for the same reason, and most of these are high level players who finish the battle in the first or second round. Just keep joining via team up and keep going in and out until the spell drops.

I will add this caveat though - LoreMaster drops spells you don't already have. In the case of both of my characters, I had already crafted or had dropped (by LoreMaster) all the other spells, so the only spell LoreMaster could drop for me would be Headless Horseman - so I was going to get it either way since it was the last spell left to be dropped. If you don't have any other LoreMaster spells, then you could be in for a long wait for Headless Horseman - since LoreMaster will probably drop other spells first. However, during Halloween season, it seems that the Headless Horseman drop rate is high. So you have about four weeks to get it. Just put your other gameplay on hold and concentrate on LoreMaster (unless you have lots of crowns to burn through of course).

Survivor
Aug 01, 2011
Thank you. Ive hit into the 60000 Crowns usage now and have gotten all the permanent mounts. I dont know if its worth trying for at this point. Granted its an amazingly well put together spell but the cost is becoming to high. I dont know... Maybe i will get it...

Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
Oh my goodness save yourself some crowns: loremaster. One of my wizards got the spell in three runs today.

Iridian
Tavia
Vanessa

Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
PS Cute horsey you're completely wrong. I got headless horseman in three runs on one of my wizards, who literally had no other lore spells. The spell lore drops is entirely random, it has nothing to do with the ones you have or don't have.

Iridian
Tavia
Vanessa