Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Understanding Feint spell

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 09, 2011
Being new to death spells as A secondary school I have A question about the feint spell I trained for it last night and am getting a feel for it.How exactly does it work.

I get the 70% damage to enemy but how does the other 30% damage work.I should have given enemies a chance to hit me to see.once I had the feint on the enemy I hit him with a spell and saw no damage to self and my damage shield was gone.is this how this spell works does my damage shield stay on until I utilize the feint spell.If an enemy happens to cast a spell on me before I utilize the feint trap on them I get hit with extra damage if I cast a spell before on them before they hit me they take an extra 70% with no consequence to me.

just trying to grasp if this is how this spell worked,I thought regardless I took a 30% damage hit but that does not seem to be the case as long as I launch an attack on my opponent with a feint trap on them before they hit me.

Thank-you

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Once you cast Feint on an opponent two things immediately happen; a 70% damage trap goes up on your opponent and a 30% damage trap goes up on you.

These traps are triggered by the next damage spell to hit. These are especially useful when playing with teammates as the opponent may be killed before anyone has a chance to cast damage on you.

So no, you do not get any additional damage on yourself when you cast a damage spell on the opponent. THEY get an additional 30% damage modifier on the next damage spell that is cast on you. It is two completely separate traps. The traps are only connected in that they are cast at the same time.

I could bore you with a whole history on how feinting works in jousting, but I won't.

Short version a feint is misdirection on your part hoping to draw your opponent into a stance where you can afflict more damage. Hence the name of the spell.

The Ghoststalker brothers
Steven 124
Chris 8

Explorer
Mar 09, 2011
Ok I think I got it so if I do not kill my opponent using Feint and throwing a damage spell at my opponent on the next turn (I did not pay attention if it dissipated or not I thought my trap did but by your explanation it did not as they are two seperate traps) I can still receive an additional 30% damage if my opponent hits me with a damage spell on their next turn.

Thank-you

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Jester King on Sep 28, 2018 wrote:
Ok I think I got it so if I do not kill my opponent using Feint and throwing a damage spell at my opponent on the next turn (I did not pay attention if it dissipated or not I thought my trap did but by your explanation it did not as they are two seperate traps) I can still receive an additional 30% damage if my opponent hits me with a damage spell on their next turn.

Thank-you
Yes. correct.

S Gs

Explorer
Mar 09, 2011