Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

LIFE wizards still need a aoe damage . . .

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 08, 2015
I know the kookabura aoe damage spell is nice and would be acceptable if there were at least 3 cards instead of 1 . . . but a non-pet attached aoe damage would be much better because it can be used mulptiple times instead of just once and could be enhanced . . .

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
This is a frequently asked for spell (4 pip AoE). While only KI knows if this will ever be done, the 2 most popular thoughts on this are:

Life needs a low pip AoE to be better at soloing/farming.

Life shouldnt be a powerhouse school so they dont deserve one.

I would love for life to get a low level, school taught, AoE, and one that is available BEFORE level 48 when you learn Forest Lord, not after.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Forest Lord - Level 58 - 540-620 damage - completely enhanceable. With all my damage modifiers (no traps or blades) I average 1600 as base.

Wings of Fate (VERY nice spell) - Level 108 - 525 over three rounds to all + same heal to all friends - This nice thing on this spell is not only can you enhance the damage through modifiers, you can enhance the healing as well.

I haven't gotten the quest for this one but I think Lamassu (Supposed to be level 118 but quest comes at the end of Mirage) is also a damage to all.

And yes it would bnice if the Kookabura gave more than 1 Leafstorm card.

So, no Life doesn't have a lot of AOE spells but what we do h ave can b e pretty powerful.

Steven Ghoststalker

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Area51Alien on Sep 27, 2018 wrote:
Forest Lord - Level 58 - 540-620 damage - completely enhanceable. With all my damage modifiers (no traps or blades) I average 1600 as base.

Wings of Fate (VERY nice spell) - Level 108 - 525 over three rounds to all + same heal to all friends - This nice thing on this spell is not only can you enhance the damage through modifiers, you can enhance the healing as well.

I haven't gotten the quest for this one but I think Lamassu (Supposed to be level 118 but quest comes at the end of Mirage) is also a damage to all.

And yes it would bnice if the Kookabura gave more than 1 Leafstorm card.

So, no Life doesn't have a lot of AOE spells but what we do h ave can b e pretty powerful.

Steven Ghoststalker
There's no argument that later on in the game, life school can hold its own, and nobody is suggesting life can't hit well. We're simply asking for a way to make life school more sustainable/soloable prior to level 58; which at this point, is just under half the game. Giving life a 4 pip, low damage, AoE would make it an easier (but never easy) time to solo, not to mention speed up Monstrology if the life wizard chooses to do that side skill.

Leafstorm is an idea for sure as it's already in the game, however, as has been shown previously, other schools will complain about the damage:pip cost. Potboiler would also be a good choice, even if you removed the death shield, as it has less damage. In another thread, I had argued for a middle ground of Potboiler Damage with leafstorm animation (because that topic's poster felt that leafstorm had better aligned animation than potboiler did).

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
While I won't disagree with the idea that having a low-level AOE spell would be a very nice addition (heck I'd be willing to craft it), I do want to say that Soling through Dragonspyre was not a problem (maybe because I've only ever a played a Life Wizard until now.)

I needed help with with The Jade Oni and Malistaire but aside from those I was able to solo into Celestia. Did some of those fights take a while? yes.

Let's not get into the fact that the X-Pip spell for life is a heal AND it takes every pip you have when you cast it. This mechanic may be GREAT for damage but lousy for healing. Especially when you have to take a turn to heal and then a turn to damage again. I don't even equip that spell anymore.

So I guess I misread your original post. Life doesn't need any old AOE spell but it could really use a low-level one.

Steven Ghoststalker

& Chris Ghoststalker

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Area51Alien on Sep 28, 2018 wrote:
While I won't disagree with the idea that having a low-level AOE spell would be a very nice addition (heck I'd be willing to craft it), I do want to say that Soling through Dragonspyre was not a problem (maybe because I've only ever a played a Life Wizard until now.)

I needed help with with The Jade Oni and Malistaire but aside from those I was able to solo into Celestia. Did some of those fights take a while? yes.

Let's not get into the fact that the X-Pip spell for life is a heal AND it takes every pip you have when you cast it. This mechanic may be GREAT for damage but lousy for healing. Especially when you have to take a turn to heal and then a turn to damage again. I don't even equip that spell anymore.

So I guess I misread your original post. Life doesn't need any old AOE spell but it could really use a low-level one.

Steven Ghoststalker

& Chris Ghoststalker
Many of us have stated we'd be happy to craft it, but the problem is, if they keep the same path for crafting this new spell as they have for current spells, by the time we can craft it, it'll be about 30 levels too late. That's why the REAL debate of a low pip AoE is whether we should use Potboiler or Leafstorm (since they're already in the game).

Soloing hasn't ever been the big problem, it's the length of time it takes to solo because you have to build and kill one, then build and kill the second. Once we get Forest Lord, it's simply blade up, sun enchant, and hit. That strategy works for MANY levels.

I have no problem with life having an x-pip healing spell. Healing is life's forte. Spell wise, NOBODY does it better than life does.

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
dayerider on Sep 27, 2018 wrote:
This is a frequently asked for spell (4 pip AoE). While only KI knows if this will ever be done, the 2 most popular thoughts on this are:

Life needs a low pip AoE to be better at soloing/farming.

Life shouldnt be a powerhouse school so they dont deserve one.

I would love for life to get a low level, school taught, AoE, and one that is available BEFORE level 48 when you learn Forest Lord, not after.
I asked for that years before team up was a thing people who had life wizards before kookaburra pets and team up like me know the real struggle of lvling up a life wiz