Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Pet for Death (Primary) and Fire (Secondary)?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 19, 2013
I'm trying to make a new death character with fire as their secondary, does anyone know what the best pet(s) would be?

Jack Raven Lvl 83

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
kristen wildweaver on Sep 23, 2018 wrote:
I'm trying to make a new death character with fire as their secondary, does anyone know what the best pet(s) would be?

Jack Raven Lvl 83
At risk of sounding like a Debbie-Downer...I'm not a fan of 'second schools'. This is perhaps because of my own ineptitude and you may have thought it through much better than I can and have awesome strategies and methods of making it work really well for you...so I am not telling you not to do it, just that I avoid it.

I was a fake storm on my first wizard when I didn't really understand the game and was totally new to it. It happened by mistake really, I won a cute siren pet in a fishing chest and it gave 7 pip siren cards i desperately wanted to use! As a life wizard, it was also providing me with a much needed multi-hit, but in all honesty I probably should have stuck to being a life wizzy...though I admit, it was loads of fun being a fake storm haha

When I got to the higher levels it just wasn't good enough though and I ended up buying back training points I really needed to be a decent life wizard and I abandoned my fake storm endeavours entirely. Every wizard I've made since has not had a true secondary school - they get feint of course!

I'm not sure what the best pet would be for you if you choose to take this route but I do have some very nice death pets and also some very nice fire pets. I don't have any with duel death-fire talents but if you decide what you'd like I am happy to help you make it, we can achieve it together if you're ok with doing quite a few hatches to get there

With death-fire a tricky thing will be blades so perhaps going for a body-type that gives a single fire blade would be helpful. Also perhaps considering talents like proof, defy or a heal, death-dealer, fire-dealer and pain-giver...then you could jewel pain-bringer? Something like that?

Let me know what you think and if you want help making a new pet I am happy to help in any way I can. Good luck and happy hatching!