Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Old Player Returns

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 05, 2018
Hi All,

I started playing this game the best part 5 years ago and it has changed a bit which is awesome. I have a question though, I never bothered much with Pets, but this time I thought I would use a hatchery and have some queries.

I've got an Adult Pet which is Lightning (Non crown) and merged it with a pet in the Kiosk which was Death I think, it cost something like 32k gold which is quite a lot and I only got the same pet back from an egg (the lightning one). Seems like a waste of gold and time.

Can someone explain how I did things wrong perhaps?

Thanks all and hope you all have a good day.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
When you merge pets, either if you're in the Kiosk or the Hatchery, you can get the other pet, or another of your pet.
If the combination can produce a Hybrid, there's a good chance you'll get it, too. Also, a select few pets cannot produce themselves as a result.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
What you got back from hatching was a new pet with traits from both parents. The pet just happens to look exactly like your adult lightning pet. Once you train the new pet you will see that it does not have the same talent pool that your original one has.

I don't know what the exact odds are, but any time you hatch a pet it could look exactly like your original pet.

So no, you did not do anything wrong

For a better explanation of Pets I recommend asking the question in the Pets Forum. There are some really knowledgeable folks who gladly give more pointers than I ever could.

Steven Ghoststalker