Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kicked from game in Team Up Countdown

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
Last night I joined team up for Cipactli in Tierra de Brea, Azteca. Being it was late (west coast) Sunday night I knew it was likely to be a wait before I got help. I was in windowed format with a solitaire game going for entertainment while I waited.

After about 10 minutes someone joined and the countdown began, mid way through they backed out. Shortly thereafter the person joined again and I was hoping they would come to the fight. When the timer was under 2 minutes I am kicked from game with "inactivity". What the heck?! Kicked for inactivity when the team up timer is counting down?!

I'm not a kid who has to race in circles or I'll be bored, besides there were mobs right behind me and I didn't want to engage them while waiting. I relogged quick as I could and rejoined team up. I was very lucky the same person was still around and did join for the fight. We did successfully complete the encounter for which I am very happy. That fight has had me stuck all summer.

Seriously, what gives with kicking people in team up queue when the timer to enter is engaged?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
This is unfortunately a side effect of KI's inactivity booter, it doesn't recognize all button pushes. I get kicked all the time simply from browsing the bazaar too long. I'm actively turning pages, but it doesn't count.

...yet spinning defeats it.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Racing in circles has nothing to do with being bored, it keeps you logged in and active.

If you hit 12 hours while spinning and do any zone etc you will be disconnected for being online 12 hours if your spinning or not you get booted when what ever map is changed when 12 hours hits.

It’s how the game is and has been for years and not likely to change.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
masterryan1969 on Sep 18, 2018 wrote:
Racing in circles has nothing to do with being bored, it keeps you logged in and active.

If you hit 12 hours while spinning and do any zone etc you will be disconnected for being online 12 hours if your spinning or not you get booted when what ever map is changed when 12 hours hits.

It’s how the game is and has been for years and not likely to change.
I believe the OP is referring to getting kicked after waiting in the Team-Up queue for 15 mins...not 12 hours. They are requesting that queues shouldn't count as inactivity and not get booted while waiting for Team-Up (and the same should be extended to PvP....but you usually get a mismatch before that happens).

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
I think if you are not moving at all for not much more than 5 minutes, it bumps you out, too. I've noticed that button pushing isn't enough activity. Once I played a bunch of mini-games in a row, and was kicked out for inactivity mid game. I'm not sure how long the no movement timer is before it acts, but I think between 5-10 minutes. It is not usually boredom that has those people spinning in circles. It's that they discovered, if they spin while they use the bathroom or grab a snack, their wizard is not logged out when they return from quick tasks. The spinning also acts as an afk sign while they are away, so people don't stand there trying to get their attention and help.