Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Buff/debuff Gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 06, 2013
An idea i have for something that could be added to gear would be stat debuffs. An example for how I imagine this working would be that some gear could possibly give you the debuff -5% Damage. where I imagine this happening most often would be to balance out a powerful effect on a piece of gear. A seperate example for this would be, say that a piece of gear gave you plus 20 general resistance than it might give you -10% damage as well.or another example could be a piece of gear giving you plus 150 critical but in return gives you -50 block. I feel that a use for this gear would be so people could set up high risk/high reward sets or when in teams for each individual to have a highly specialized set. I hope to see other peoples thoughts on this possibility!

Andrew Iceshield 79

Defender
Jul 21, 2013
I recently returned to this game after about a year break... but I could see this idea happening and at the same time not happening. KI doesn't want to make gear so OP that they have to nerf another one of your stats. They lowkey stopped making OP gear after Darkmoor. (The increase in stats barely goes up between Darkmoor, Polaris, Mirage, or Cabalist gear.) And they completely ruined robes. The newer robes all just give lots of health, in/out healing, and defense.

I would love to see good robes again with decent damage, critical, resist, peirce, shadow chance, card, etc. However I don't want robes so good that I must sacrifice other stats. You get what I mean?