Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New and better idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 23, 2010
I have been playing Wizard101 off and on for around 8 years. There are some things in the game I feel should be considered to be changed. For one, always being pulled into a duel even when you're trying your best to stay on the sidewalk is REALLY annoying. I feel as if there should be an option as to whether or not you want to join a duel, since a lot of the time its just annoying when you're trying to get to a different location but keep getting pulled into duels all the time. Also, I think that the sidewalks should be bigger. They are extremely too narrow in my opinion. I'm sure a lot of other players would agree. Anyways, that's all I wanted to suggest today. Thanks for your time. Please send some feedback please

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
While I agree completely that being sucked into an unexpected battle is frustrating (nearly as frustrating as walking up to a mob fight and practically kicking the goon in the butt to actually get a fight). The game is much better now than it was in '09.

I had gotten my Wizard to Marleybone and I remember having to time your run up and down the rooftops between the mobs.

Flash forward to '16 when I restarted into W101 after a hiatus. I was dreading Marleybone because of the mobs. I was pleasantly surprised to discover "sidewalks".

I have found that with a little patience and looking at the lay of the land, there is no mob which cannot be avoided.

Does that end the frustration of being pulled? no. Do I still get pulled? yes and most times when I least expect it.

Just take the fact that you will get pulled occasionally, as part of the game.

Steven Ghoststalker

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Avoiding mobs is a bit of art, and you're agility will increase with experience. Tips to help:

1) Stay as close to the edge as possible.

2) Use a slender mount such as broom, wings, or horse-like creature. The large and bulky mounts can get you into trouble more easily, so don't use them if you're in a tight area.

3) Follow the mobs instead of running at them head on. Keep a step or two behind so they can't grab you.

4) In some places, they walk so close to the side that you'll want to do as Area51 suggested: wait. Wait for an open gap before slipping through.

5) Other times it's actually safer to dart through the middle. Change your strategy depending on what conditions you find.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
These are the times you should equip your 'anti-pull mount'. It increases the safe zone by 50% and can be found in the *insert name of newest pack*, fishing chests in the *insert name of newest house* and as a drop from *insert name of newest key boss*....okay, I'm dreaming but maybe KI will consider this...pleeeeease!