Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"encountered an error trying to redeem this card"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 14, 2014
I purchased a $20 card today at my local safeway and got the above error while trying to redeem this card. I already sent a support ticket to kingsisle directly, but was wondering if anyone else has gotten this issue? is it just a hiccup in the activation process? or is the some downtime going on with code redemption at the moment.

Administrator
Diana Nightriver on Sep 7, 2018 wrote:
I purchased a $20 card today at my local safeway and got the above error while trying to redeem this card. I already sent a support ticket to kingsisle directly, but was wondering if anyone else has gotten this issue? is it just a hiccup in the activation process? or is the some downtime going on with code redemption at the moment.
Hi MaggieRose95,

Thanks for submitting a support ticket! It's possible it's just a small hiccup, but our team will be able to investigate your account directly and figure out what's wrong. I would try again in the meantime, as it could have been a downtime during the processing of the card.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2012
Diana Nightriver on Sep 7, 2018 wrote:
I have the exact same issue. How do I fix it?

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
I had this happen to me but what was happening was this my 0’s and o’s were Mixed up. So check yours if you have any in the code. Zero’s are larger and slightly skinnier and o’s Are smaller so that’s how to tell them apart. It’s a bit has to differentiate in the code which is which in the Safeway cards. Hope this helps!