Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question for Sparck! :)

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Hi Sparck!

I just wondered if the recommended/best specs needed for playing wiz has changed at all since the new graphics updates etc?

My computer is dying and I have no clue what to get that will be able to run multiple wizards smoothly same as before. I know it's probably just be my old computer but if you have any recommendations to help me save the Spiral it would be much appreciated

Thank you for your time and I hope you're settling in nicely with the KI family!

Administrator
Victoria FireHeart on Sep 3, 2018 wrote:
Hi Sparck!

I just wondered if the recommended/best specs needed for playing wiz has changed at all since the new graphics updates etc?

My computer is dying and I have no clue what to get that will be able to run multiple wizards smoothly same as before. I know it's probably just be my old computer but if you have any recommendations to help me save the Spiral it would be much appreciated

Thank you for your time and I hope you're settling in nicely with the KI family!
Hi Victoria FireHeart!

We haven't really updated the specs, though a small bump might be in order.

I would say that just about anything you get these days should run the game just fine. These are just my personal recommendations aside from our minimum spec, but for overall games and other uses of the computer, I would get:

- Quad core CPU
- 16GB of main memory or more
- SSD storage drive
- 4GB or more dedicated graphics card (DirectX 12 something)

These are great starting points when considering a new desktop or laptop computer.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Sparck on Sep 3, 2018 wrote:
Hi Victoria FireHeart!

I would say that just about anything you get these days should run the game just fine. These are just my personal recommendations aside from our minimum spec, but for overall games and other uses of the computer, I would get:

- Quad core CPU
- SSD storage drive

These are great starting points when considering a new desktop or laptop computer.
Thank you so much!

I really appreciate your advice! This will help me choose something good

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Sparck on Sep 3, 2018 wrote:
Hi Victoria FireHeart!

- Quad core CPU
- SSD storage drive

Dear Sparck,

I just want to say a huge THANK YOU!!! for your recommendations! I really have no clue about computers and your advice was massively helpful My new computer is far better than any I have ever had before and everything is so much faster. I genuinely thought I was just slow when selecting spells in combat...but all the time it was just my computer haha!

Thank you for taking the time to share your expertise, I am very appreciative

Administrator
Victoria FireHeart on Sep 3, 2018 wrote:
Thank you so much!

I really appreciate your advice! This will help me choose something good
Excellent, glad to help!!