Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Saving EXP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 05, 2011
If this has been suggested before, I apologize in advance.

I think it'd be nice if you could save / bank EXP for when you reach the current max level but haven't finished questing yet.

For example, I have a wiz that's just hit Level 110 but has only hit Baba Yaga in Polaris. I do all the side quests as I go, so I level up fairly quickly. I know I'll hit max level before I get to Empyrea, so that means I'll be given a dilemma - should I (a) stop questing until the max level is raised so any EXP I gain won't go to waste, or (b) continue questing just to finish Empyrea and lose tonnes of EXP?

Wouldn't it be nice if, when you hit max level, that any EXP you gain past that is banked so that, when the max level is raised, it gets applied and not wasted?

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I stopped doing the side quests in Polaris. I pick them up but I haven't done them yet.

I am level 118 and in the Caravan in Mirage, so I do understand your dilemma. Even holding back on side quests, I'll probably hit max long before I reach Empyrea.

I've asked this before on the message boards. I'd love to see some mechanic put into place that allows for the continued awarding of XP for completing quests beyond the MAX level.

For example, I may be level 125 but I have 2,500,000/150,000,000 XP. When a new level cap is put in place, those banked points automatically go towards new levels.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Aug 18, 2018
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
This is one of the reasons I advocate for a 20 level jump every once in a while. So like, after Empyrea, have a 20 level jump, then back to 10 for a while, then another 20 level jump, etc. If people stop questing because of the cap, eventually they will be worlds behind. What harm would it cause to do this? None. It wont stop the game progression, it wont stop world building, it wont stop extra content. The ONLY thing it will stop is people stopping playing the game because they hit max level before the end of the next world. Heck, most of my characters have hit max level in early Polaris. I keep questing because I want them at whatever the current endgame is.